Price for the Shootout do you do it

JMMR

Do you do it?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Price or Huet

• Ice cold Price
    • Huet = auto loss (seive)

I'd go with Huet, bringing a goalie just for shoot outs has to be the stupidest thing ever.

I wholeheartedly agree. You just can't bring out a goalie who is cold as ice to a shootout!

The chance for injury is too great. I'd rather Price not go in there, make 3 saves, get the win, pull his groin in the process, and be out for 3 weeks.

Tell Price to start getting warm late in the 3rd of a tie game by stretching out. Make him nice and limber by the time the shootout kicks in.

Man I hate the shootout.

But if Price wins then you look like a genious. The only thing is that it would not be fair to Huet to play 65 minutes and then have someone come in for three shots and get the win.

Huet would pull a "Patrick Roy behind the bench" and ask for a trade on the spot, it just sucks.

But if Carbo-Price AND Huet all come to an agreement before the game, AND if Price strectch during the late 3rd/OT ...

It's a good idea to think about, but I definitely would not want to actually see it take place. In addition to it being a business, it's a game. Coming from a traditionalist, let the goalie finish what he started.

It's a good idea to think about, but I definitely would not want to actually see it take place. In addition to it being a business, it's a game. Coming from a traditionalist, let the goalie finish what he started.

Thats the thiking that kept the Habs from the playoffs last season.

Raycroft was pulled and Huet was not= Habs MISS.

But if Price wins then you look like a genious. The only thing is that it would not be fair to Huet to play 65 minutes and then have someone come in for three shots and get the win.

Well, based on Huet's performance this season, it's not like he would get the win anyway.

Thats the thiking that kept the Habs from the playoffs last season.

Raycroft was pulled and Huet was not= Habs MISS.

As I said it's a good idea, and with shootout points becoming an important part of the playoff race, I wouldn't be surprised to see teams adopting the strategy in the very near future. That being said, simply from a personal standpoint I wouldn't want to see it happen. I wouldn't complain if Price started winning them on a consistent basis though needless to say.

On paper, it seems smart but think about the impact it could have. First off, what would it say to Huet if he busts his ass to get the team into the shootouts and then all the glory goes to Price if he wins the shootout? Also, what happens in Price doesn't preform well in the shootout due to being cold? Obviously being thrown into a high-pressure situation with no warming up puts him at a disadvantage, and it could hurt his confidence big time if he drops the ball. I'm not a big fan of protecting out prospects, but doing this is like daring Price to fail.

On paper, it seems smart but think about the impact it could have. First off, what would it say to Huet if he busts his ass to get the team into the shootouts and then all the glory goes to Price if he wins the shootout? Also, what happens in Price doesn't preform well in the shootout due to being cold? Obviously being thrown into a high-pressure situation with no warming up puts him at a disadvantage, and it could hurt his confidence big time if he drops the ball. I'm not a big fan of protecting out prospects, but doing this is like daring Price to fail.

Or we could let the status quo go on and 100% guarantee to lose with Huet.

Hey, at least we get a point, right?