32 members have voted

1. 1. Price or Huet

• Ice cold Price
    • Huet = auto loss (seive)

Huet

2005-06 - 1-2 (3 goals/9 shots)

2006-07 - 2-3 (8 goals/14 shots)

2007-08 - 0-3 (5 goals/8 shots)

Huet is 3-8 with 16 goals in 31 shots. No matter how you slice it, it is brutal.

Price

2007-08 - 2-2 (4 goals/19 shots)

The numbers support the theory. I would just worry about injury.

Price. But how many Huet supporters are going to respond with a poll title like Huet=sieve?

Anyway, win by any means necessary. If Huet doesn't like it, someone will tell him: It's simple: get better.

I'd also get the Kostityn's to watch video of Gagner and Toews and just copy some of that stuff for the shootouts.

Huet

2005-06 - 1-2 (3 goals/9 shots)

2006-07 - 2-3 (8 goals/14 shots)

2007-08 - 0-3 (5 goals/8 shots)

Huet is 3-8 with 16 goals in 31 shots. No matter how you slice it, it is brutal.

Price

2007-08 - 2-2 (4 goals/19 shots)

The numbers support the theory. I would just worry about injury.

Injury was my first concern also. Cold goalie groin pull.

Huet seems to be caught in no-mans land most of the time. Not sure if he should be aggressive, or if he should be patient.

3 of the 4 goals tonight were UGGGGLY. The best we can hope I guess is one of the 2 to get hot.

I also thought about this at seasons' start and yeah, bring in Price if he's better in shootouts, we should play to win. In baseball relief pitchers come in when a left hitter (for example) comes to the plate; what's dumb is thinking "oh, this might hurt the feelings of the other pitcher . . ." Also this tactic can throw the opposing team's shooters off 'cos they will not have seen Price during the game. Finally, why couldn't Price go to the locker room during the OT and stretch, if there is concern about his groin?

Q: Who gets the win stat if a second goalie come in just for the shootout and wins it?

guys, an ice cold goalie has more of a chance of pulling his groin then winning a shootout.

Maybe you could have him doing stretching and callisthenics in the hall from about the midway mark of the third period in tight games or something to get him nice and warm?

"I'd go with Huet, bringing a goalie just for shoot outs has to be the stupidest thing ever."

why? I realize it's unothodox but why do you think it's "stupid"?

Changing goalies could also distract the opposing shooters just a little more that could mean succes. But you have to be careful not to injure the cold goalie. Like Huet injured himself on a Penaltyshot a while back(he did, didnt he?).

No it was a breakaway during the Nashville game.

And if they do not want Price injured then they should put him in when overtime begins!

haha I was going to make this exact same thread. I think it might be worth it to sub in Price for shootouts, maybe he should start warming up early during the overtime period.

haha I was going to make this exact same thread. I think it might be worth it to sub in Price for shootouts, maybe he should start warming up early during the overtime period.

In theory it is a great idea. Price is young so you might be able to get away with it. But the last thing you want is for him to continually have groin issues like Lehtonen does.

With the way goalies have to stretch to get to pucks you are inviting disaster. Huge risk, seeing as Gainey is not a risk taker don't count on it.

In theory it is a great idea. Price is young so you might be able to get away with it. But the last thing you want is for him to continually have groin issues like Lehtonen does.

With the way goalies have to stretch to get to pucks you are inviting disaster. Huge risk, seeing as Gainey is not a risk taker don't count on it.

Yeah but Price is so economical and big that he rarley has to stretch very much at all to make a save.