Souray injured AGAIN

les_glorieux

The Edmonton Oilers have placed defenceman Sheldon Souray on the injured reserve list with a left shoulder injury.

Souray was placed on the IR after aggravating his shoulder in the Oilers' game against the Florida Panthers last Thursday.

Souray has missed a total of 27 games due to the injury this season.

A team spokesman said Souray was day to day.

He originally suffered a second degree sprain of his left shoulder in the Oilers' game at Vancouver on Oct. 13.

Souray has scored three goals and 10 points with 59 penalty minutes in 26 games with the Oilers this season.

He seemed like a nice guy the only time I met him but he was a terrible defenseman. I really dont miss him.

anyways, g-luck with the shoulder, sheldon.

The game isn't over for this signing to prove to be bad for Lowe. Everyone can have a bad season. The only problem is Souray has to rebound next year and prove he was worthy. If Edmonton had a chance to make the playoffs, then maybe there would be more to talk about on this 2007 bum. They still have a chance to make it. An equal to Toronto impossible chance. :blink:

Sheldon injured = :( because i don't wish upon anyone
I hear ya Cataclaw. Sometimes in my posts I come across a little too "matter of factly" and harsh. I tend to over exagerate general points of fact. Eg. Souray = bum 2007. It's sort of my way of just cutting to the chase and generally in short, rubber stamping my points of view. I hate typing :lol:

But at the end of the day, a struggling high paid player pays as much dividends as an almost always injured one. Sometimes a player can be a bum and not mean it. I'm sure Souray doesn't want to be injured. But a pound is a pound and this stinks. It's unfortunate for him and the Oilers that it has come to this.I hold no disregard for him. But he is a bum in the sense that it's killing the Oilers chances and vice versa. He's got to answer back next year.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I feel sorry for the guy. I always respected that he'd fight for anyone on his team, which in turn, has contributed to his shoulder problems. That being said, Bob did a great job not falling into his demands.

Well, it kind of proved that the path Montreal chose was the right one. I wasn't a big fan of Gainey's modus operandi at the time - after who knows how he would have played this year for Montreal? But it worked out in the best way for the Canadiens with Hamrlik...and for Souray, he certainly hasn't delivered for Edmonton who had to have known they were taking a big chance on him - Souray's shoulder problems are well documented.

Edited by smon

It just makes me chuckle a bit. That little trader has had no fun in Edmonton at all.

I liked all that he did for Montreal but he is a trader and that I cannot forgive.

I know it's a boring job but you shouldn't be so harsh on stocktraders. They're people too.