Game Thread: Ottawa @ Montreal, Feb 5

simonus

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an ugly 3rd period. Came close to losing another 3 goal lead. This is not good. Luckily the boys were able to hold on...BARELY!

I hope they will play like the did in the 1st and 2nd periods next saturday, cause you know the Sens will come out and will want revenge!!

By the by, the Leaves lost 8-0 to the Panthers. Beautiful!

1-point back!

The push continues...

I don't think Habs weren't just bad in the third, i think the Sens also wanted it a bit more. You could tell the way they skated and with the energy they put into everything. Still, Habs needed to match that and failed to, relying on their goal cushion to secure the game.

A win's a win.

GO HABS GO

couple things..

Clearly the Habs have to break this pattern of sitting back on leads and taking stupid penalties. This has happened all season long and if they don't fix it they will be screwed in the playoffs when no team gives up.

I am worried about the leafs. The worse thing is to face a team after they get blown out. they will be on fire on thursday, you can count on it. Price will need to be great.

I think we got what we should expect from the 3rd and 4th lines tonight. solid defensive hockey. The first line was friggin amazing. They just need to do something with Koivu / Higgins.. its getting beyond funny...

Anyone else notice that koivu almost got no ice time in the 3rd? 11:47 ice time for the game. I thikn Carbo is gettin' tired of seeing Koivu get stupid Hooking penalties in the offensive zone. Let's hope Saku got the message!

Edited by Habsfan

KoZed, I must say I liked your previous Avatar better. (even though I do feel bad for Saku, I did laugh when I saw this one though)

seconded on all accounts.

Well, hopefully our boys learn from the Sens` rally. We did deserve this win, and I`m stoked we got the 2 points.

4 defensemen has a great night.

Streit, Komisarek, Markov and Gorges. Two were chasing rabbits.

First line was superstar.

Unsong heroes

Higgins did ok in it's new role of speedy, daring and defensively respoinsible forward.

Lapierre blablabla...but played good.

Dandenault drove the net skated furiously.

Game pansies.

Latendresse bobo i am scared of those big Sens. Geez your big yourself

Smolinski for his slow coming back at the third, no dedication, no offense, no nothing.

The K. word leave your k*lisse hockey stick on the ice.

If it was in another canadian town and the guy didn't had such a bad luck in life

the crowd would boo him off the Bell Centre.