Game Thread | Habs vs. Panthers | 13/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows if Huet was in net the Habs LOSE THAT GAME FOR SURE!

LOL, I knew you would be good for a Huet dig JMMR.

Price played well and I loved that clear late in the 3rd.

Just so everyone knows if Huet was in net the Habs LOSE THAT GAME FOR SURE!

Hey JMMR, what to you drink so Koivu generates assists?

I think the Habs players are trying to send a message: "Bob, we need help!"

:rolleyes:

Are you being serious here? Do you actually think these guys are playing worse to get Gainey to make a trade? Why did they win all those games, there would have been more of a chance for a trade if we had been losing.

Are you being serious here? Do you actually think these guys are playing worse to get Gainey to make a trade? Why did they win all those games, there would have been more of a chance for a trade if we had been losing.

Maybe he meant subconsciously. :D

Nah nah, that's not how it works.

First you get everyone's hopes up... then you start flirting with the 1st place of the Conference, make it look like you could be elite. But you stop right there, frustrate everyone, make it look like there's something missing that must come from the outside. :P

Actually only thing I did different was "get lucky" at the end of the first.

Well, let's hope she'll "take one for the team" from this point forward. :D

Good thing she's a Habs fan lol.

Price was huge, he kept us in it just like Vokoun kept them in it. Both of the regulation goals were pretty fluky, it was really a goaltender's duel.

I'm so glad we won this game, phew. We really dug it out of the muck. It was great seeing the crowd in Florida jumping to their feet after the OT goal.

Guys like Markov and Komisarek are still works in progress. Most of the time they're very solid, sometimes spectacular, but then they have brain-farts, like Markov's stretch pass attempt that was an icing late in the third. He's done that a few times this year at the end of the game to put us in a compromising position. I liked what I saw from O'Byrne tonight.

Koivu had a good game except for that gawddamn hooking penalty. He was creative, even though the 2 assists weren't really much of his doing (one was a Vokoun cafouillage and the other was a vintage Kovalev snipe). Higgins, invisible just like last night except for one play (which was fluky). Plex wasn't very good, his passes weren't precise.

But this game really belonged to Carey Price, I'm glad to see him step up like this. And those clears 'à la Martin Brodeur' are fun to watch.

A huge 2 points for the Habs tonite. Have to admit I was getting extremely frustrated that this would be another L. Not scoring on those PP's in the 3rd worried me. Higgins catches a break and ties it up. Then Kovy's PP goal. Gotta give major props to Price tonite as he was a huge reason the Habs got the 2 points tonite. No crappy soft goals went in on him, nice to see.

It's all a matter of confidence.

Actually Higgins is building from scratches, if there is some people wanting him out

just think that he is gonna get cheaper to sign with the season he had.

All the names mentionned in the rumours are bull*** what we really need is a clean up of waste and a bring up of good.

Waste: Smolinski Lapierre, Damn!denault, Ryder.

Bring up: Chip, and a 230 + pound guy that can skate. And dress Bégin for sakes

against the Flyers.

It's all a matter of confidence.

Actually Higgins is building from scratches, if there is some people wanting him out

just think that he is gonna get cheaper to sign with the season he had.

All the names mentionned in the rumours are bull*** what we really need is a clean up of waste and a bring up of good.

Waste: Smolinski Lapierre, Damn!denault, Ryder.

Bring up: Chip, and a 230 + pound guy that can skate. And dress Bégin for sakes

against the Flyers.

Lapierre, waste? I agree about the other 3, but Laps' one of the rare player's we've got who plays with energy every game, has speed, can check in all 3 zones and is dangerous on the PK. He's a Kris Draper in the making.

It'll take Chipchura a bit of time before he can do as many things in the NHL as Lapierre does...

Edited by KoZed

Brilliant! Today just got a lot better. sunny here in Tokyo, a nice, stiff Irish (espresso; milk, double of extra-old Jameson) to get the day started.

Habs win! Philly next. Price starts next game, right? Win it, kid!

Agree with Easy's ideas. Well done, didn't give in, Higgins getting results, maybe turning the 'corner'.

Go Habs!

Lapierre, waste? I agree about the other 3, but Laps' one of the rare player's we've got who plays with energy every game, has speed, can check in all 3 zones and is dangerous on the PK. He's a Kris Draper in the making.

It'll take Chipchura a bit of time before he can do as many things in the NHL as Lapierre does...

Lapierre was all over the ice, like you said, playing with energy. He had a couple of good scoring chances too. I agree KoZed, he was hardly a waste tonight.

and to think that just a little while ago you guys were panicking. :lol:

It shall be interesting to see if they can get going on a run again.

and to think that just a little while ago you guys were panicking. :lol:

It shall be interesting to see if they can get going on a run agin.

That is what we do here ^_^