Blu-Ray wins the war

Pierre the Great

and life goes on...

and blu-ray will be displaced by... in a very short while...

I still play video tapes in class... what the heck... the kids enjoy the movies... not the format...

when I get my 144" flat screen TV, it'll soon be outdated too...

is an answer to this orwellian distopia to be a modern luddite?

hmmm... pros & cons...

likely best perspective is a moderate pauline contentedness...

what the hell is blue ray ??

its this blue light that shoots out of a dvd player and starts singing ahhh in soprano voice.

its a high density optical disk that can hold six times the capacity of a regular dvd disk.

Yup, Shortcat, most of my schools growing up had these giant disks the size of records except they were cd material. No idea what they were but that was always strange.

its this blue light that shoots out of a dvd player and starts singing ahhh in soprano voice.

its a high density optical disk that can hold six times the capacity of a regular dvd disk.

Yup, Shortcat, most of my schools growing up had these giant disks the size of records except they were cd material. No idea what they were but that was always strange.

it's called laserdisc.

what did HD DVD have that was different?

to my knowledge it is simply an incompatbile platform - no worse or better. People just had to make a choice and once a choice begins to take hold, it generally becomes viral.

Blu-Ray can hold almost twice the information that HD DVD can and also uses Durabis (I think is what they called it). It's a special protective coating that prevents the disc from being scratched. You can rub the disc with steel wool and nothing will happen whereas HD DVD just used the standard DVD method of information storage.

Those were the main points, I think but theres a few other minor things where Blu-Ray had HD DVD beat.

Nice that they are scratch proof, DVDs really sucked for that. I think before too long movies will just be put on SD cards or flash drives.

i'm thinking it will be all mp4, like where the music industry is heading

Yeah, the cheapest stand alone Blu-ray players are the same price as the PS3 which obviously has a load of extra things it can do as well. This is great news for Sony fans.

Resistance is futile.

All your hi-tech are belong to us.