The Canadiens best the Penguins on Trade Deadline Day

shortcat1

I found a site where all NHL teams were graded on their Deadline Day trades. It goes from Dallas, Atlanta & Washington with A's to Boston & Edmonton with F's.

Interestingly, Ross McKeon (Yahoo Sports) gives Montreal an expected C- but, surprisingly, he gives Pittsburg a D+.

The Montreal rating is a reasonable one (missing out on the big players - Hossa, etc... & moving Huet for a 2nd round pick).

The Pittsburg rating is due to the loss of young & popular players and the uncertainty of the working chemistry of the two new players that arrive (Hossa & Gill). The loss of all those draft picks was also a consideration... interesting...

In any case, here's the page:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=rm-t...o&type=lgns

GO :hlogo: GO!

I like Washington - aggressive, showing their players and their fans that they want to compete (although I have doubts as to whether this will mean anything more than a strong push for 8th).

Montreal should be around a C, it's a fair assessment. Nothing lost, nothing gained type of thing.

Habs should get some credit for not dismantling the team. Considering Waddell wanted Higgins, I think Bob did just fine by passing up.

Nonetheless, I don't get why he got a good grade. Am I the only one who thinks what the Pens gave for Hossa is garbage (aside the 1st round pick) ?

Habs should get some credit for not dismantling the team. Considering Waddell wanted Higgins, I think Bob did just fine by passing up.

Nonetheless, I don't get why he got a good grade. Am I the only one who thinks what the Pens gave for Hossa is garbage (aside the 1st round pick) ?

Actually they are solid 2nd maybe third line guys but I get what you mean. Who knows if Espo will be anything, however Hossa is a rental and Atlanta can bid for him next year.

Pittsburg has to sign Malkin and ?Stall? soon; plus they traded Sydneys buddy. ThePens just became a softer team.

I give Gainey and A+ for not trading Higgins, Krex or either of the two Kots!

Esposito is garbage, but Colby and Christensen have potential, IMO. Should they both stink it up, then Shero may have swung a pretty sweet deal.

Christensen has a sweet pair of hands, he can make some good moves and he's pretty physical too. There was a Liles for Christensen rumor, I would've been all over that. And Armstrong apparently has some strong chemistry with Crosby and has some good potential himself.

I think it was apparent Esposito needed a finisher since he couldn't do it all himself (just see how he tanked it after Radulov left Quebec) and I think out of everywhere, Pittsburgh was the one place he could have a good career playing with Malkin or Crosby. He might manage to have some good chemistry with Kovalchuk but I think this move seriously puts Esposito's NHL future in doubt.

I'm watching the Pens-bruins game on TSN, and th pooh-Bears lead 2-0. Conklin looks shaky.

I can'T believe what I'm about to say...Let's go Bruins!!!!!

Hossa got injured in his first game (they're losing 4-0 as well). Imagine if Hossa misses the rest of the year (it's doubtful but it would be fun for us and awful for Pens fans) and the Penguins winding up paying all that stuff for nothing? Terrible thought but that's why these rentals are risky business.

Hossa got injured in his first game (they're losing 4-0 as well). Imagine if Hossa misses the rest of the year (it's doubtful but it would be fun for us and awful for Pens fans) and the Penguins winding up paying all that stuff for nothing? Terrible thought but that's why these rentals are risky business.

I'm still pissed with the Richards thing. It's one thing to lose him to an awful overpayment. To lose him for an shitty offer? Feaster's a moron.

Bourdon, Schneider and a 1st >>>>>>>> Smith, Jokinen, Halpern.

:rolleyes:

Brad Richards with 3 assists tonight. Makes me sick because he should be a Canuck. Then again he wanted to go to Dallas as his 1st option or whatever so he can rot in hell. :puke:

Make that 4 assists. Why Brad couldn't you have come here?

The Stars are officially my 2nd team now. The merry go round stops.

Brad Richards ended up with FIVE points tonight.

I'm so jealous of the Stars right now because Richards is EXACTLY what we need. Who says if he can keep this up but nonetheless it stings a lot right now. I really hope we sign Rolston and/or Langkow this summer.

I'm so jealous of the Stars right now because Richards is EXACTLY what we need. Who says if he can keep this up but nonetheless it stings a lot right now. I really hope we sign Rolston and/or Langkow this summer.

Chances are incredibly high Langkow won't even see the UFA market.

Huselius on the other hand...

Captain Stealth you really have to let this go as it is not good for your health. Vancouver has a good team and one guy does not make you a champion. I would rather have Luongo as my star instead of Richards. If the "Nucks go out with a whimper in the playoffs this year, then it is time to be mad.

Maybe if Naslund and company show up in the playoffs you will forget all about Mr. $7.8Million dollar man. :hockey:

Captain Stealth you really have to let this go as it is not good for your health. Vancouver has a good team and one guy does not make you a champion. I would rather have Luongo as my star instead of Richards. If the "Nucks go out with a whimper in the playoffs this year, then it is time to be mad.

Maybe if Naslund and company show up in the playoffs you will forget all about Mr. $7.8Million dollar man. :hockey:

Oh I will most certainly. Guarenteed. I'm just pissed off right now because I like Richards a lot.

It's the fact we had a great chance and Brad would have been excellent with Nazzy. I really like the team Dallas has right now but I want them to pay. :lol:

Chances are incredibly high Langkow won't even see the UFA market.

Huselius on the other hand...

I know. I can still hope though because I don't want Huselius. Chances are Minny re-signs Rolston too because Demitra doesn't like Minny. That'll mean he won't like it here too possibly. I don't see Nonis making a huge offer to Hossa nor offering Kesler and Edler for Jokinen so I'm quite skeptical of what he will bring in.........