Was an Innocent Pool Question. . .

JLP

I doubt we'd be surprised at anything, there has to be atleast one person who does the same thing.

I have this little shrine in my bedroom that I made of stuff I'd collected over the years and by the time I was 13, it was actually big enough to be called a "shrine". Anyways during the 2001 playoffs, I'd grab my 1996 Stanley Cup banner, drape it over me, get on both knees in front of the shrine and "pray" to the hockey gods for a victory. Worked every time.

And nights I forgot? We lost every night. I know it's just coincidental but at the time I was only 14 so I found it spooky.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt we'd be surprised at anything, there has to be atleast one person who does the same thing.

I have this little shrine in my bedroom that I made of stuff I'd collected over the years and by the time I was 13, it was actually big enough to be called a "shrine". Anyways during the 2001 playoffs, I'd grab my 1996 Stanley Cup banner, drape it over me, get on both knees in front of the shrine and "pray" to the hockey gods for a victory. Worked every time.

And nights I forgot? We lost every night. I know it's just coincidental but at the time I was only 14 so I found it spooky.

I do the same but mine isn't exactly a shrine. It's just loaded of hockey memorabilia on the shelves and my desk right here lol. Loaded with Nucks/Avs stuff with the game used LA Kings puck. I went with my uncle to play golf while we were up in Whistler once and he played against a guy who worked for the Kings. He had the puck in his golf bag and gave it to me. :D

I have a 3 puck pyramid of the Kings, Nucks and Avs. I think what's jinxing it all is my soccer medals/trophies thrown amongst everything. Maybe it's time to clear em out.

Starting tonight, I'm going to wear my Nazzy jersey for good luck. For some reason it feels like bad luck though. :unsure:

Yeah, I've got a crazy amount of autographs among mine. Some pucks, this thing I got for Christmas one year of an autographed Roy puck with autographed Roy hockey card encased in this plastic stand. And I got this really rare thing, it's a puck of ice water that was used at McNichols Arena during the 1996 Stanley Cup finals. I know what you're thinking "faaake" but it's got a certificate of authenticity from the NHL. Then a 2001 banner to go with my 1996 banner, a few bobbleheads and some other figurines. Oh and a few years back, Kraft had these giant jars of Peanut Butter shaped like bears wearing hockey jersies, I have the Avs one. It's got a slot in the cap too so it can act like a piggy bank of sorts.

Yeah, I've got a crazy amount of autographs among mine. Some pucks, this thing I got for Christmas one year of an autographed Roy puck with autographed Roy hockey card encased in this plastic stand. And I got this really rare thing, it's a puck of ice water that was used at McNichols Arena during the 1996 Stanley Cup finals. I know what you're thinking "faaake" but it's got a certificate of authenticity from the NHL. Then a 2001 banner to go with my 1996 banner, a few bobbleheads and some other figurines. Oh and a few years back, Kraft had these giant jars of Peanut Butter shaped like bears wearing hockey jersies, I have the Avs one. It's got a slot in the cap too so it can act like a piggy bank of sorts.

Nyce. I got no autographs etc but I have these bears and two wear a Nucks jersey.

Nyce. I got no autographs etc but I have these bears and two wear a Nucks jersey.

Oh hey, I've got one of those too. It's just like a Beanie Baby wearing an Avs jersey. I have these little figurines that have huge heads and little bodies too. I have a crapload of them but the only Avs I have are Sakic, Forsberg and Roy.

Dominant game by Colorado tonight, I decided to tune in halfway through the 2nd after Stealth was giving me updates anyway. If we can beat Edmonton now, I'd say we're in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, I should add...Forsbeg-Stastny-Hejduk= Siiiiiiiiick

Edited by jetsniper

All I'm going to say is for the first time in our pathetic history the future looks really bright.

I've got a shrine, my famous wall next to the canadian flag, across from the B.C. flag which will be next to the Hungarian flag once I find one.

I've got a shrine, my famous wall next to the canadian flag, across from the B.C. flag which will be next to the Hungarian flag once I find one.

No one cares, we're talking about hockey team related shrines.

No one cares, we're talking about hockey team related shrines.

You're dissing his shrine of potato carved hungarian people! :lol:

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Yeah, sure

If we win tomorrow night, that will mean Edmonton officially can't catch us. Nashville will still be able to however so we still can't clinch a playoff spot. We're getting pretty close though, our chances of making it sit at 89.8%

Yeah, sure

If we win tomorrow night, that will mean Edmonton officially can't catch us. Nashville will still be able to however so we still can't clinch a playoff spot. We're getting pretty close though, our chances of making it sit at 89.8%

I GUARENTEE the AVS make it. Now stop it. :P

I GUARENTEE the AVS make it. Now stop it. :P

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. It's pretty much guaranteed Edmonton can't catch us but Nashville still can. Uh, Vancouver too since we're not in 8th anymore.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. It's pretty much guaranteed Edmonton can't catch us but Nashville still can. Uh, Vancouver too since we're not in 8th anymore.

I told you. We flat out suck and we'll probably make it. We will make it because the hockey gods toy with us. I think we'll finish 7th in the west and play the Sharks. :lol: Hello solid draft pick!

Morrison is out for the rest of the season. MCL in his knee.

That brings us to:

Raymond

Morrison

Miller

Ohlund

Krajicek

and maybe Luongo if he goes for the birth of his child. I swear they better call Grabby and Hansen up NOW!

Luongo should just go, he's looked terrible in the past two games. Colorado has his number though, hes allowed 17 goals in the past 5 games against Colorado for a 3.40 GAA. None too impressive.

I'm not worried about him. The whole team just sucks vs the Avs lately besides the twins. It's weird.

I'm not worried about him. The whole team just sucks vs the Avs lately besides the twins. It's weird.

It works for me. Last night was our 5th win so that gives us the season series over the Canucks as well. We're 2-4 against Minnesota though so the best we can hope for is a tie in the season series. We won against Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver though.

I was just looking at the Avs schedule and theres a 5 day break between our 2nd last and last game. I hope the playoffs are wrapped up by then because I don't want to sit there for a week watching everyone win.

Edited by jetsniper

Morrison is done. Luongo leaves team.

I might not see Morrison in a Canucks uni ever again. Luongo finally leaves. Now call up the freaking youngsters No-Nuts and V-no.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

They really think he might even be back for tomorrows game? Whats he gonna do, walk into the hospital and take a quick glance? This is his first child, not a cheeseburger.

I know. I laughed at that too. Oh well.

It's being reported here that Luongo's child has been delivered and he will play tomorrow vs the Wild.

:blink:

This is going to be very interesting....