Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators | 24/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, these refs listened to the sens whine at the start of the period, and responded by calling the most one sided period I have seen in ages... they could have called about 5 sens penalties by now...

What a brutal way to finish a statement game. They have another game against these guys and they just set them up to kill us in the next game, instead of destroying their confidence...

Terrible.. and a big FU to the refs...

Wow, these refs listened to the sens whine at the start of the period, and responded by calling the most one sided period I have seen in ages... they could have called about 5 sens penalties by now...

true, but we've been outworked for the entire period

If it was any other team in the league right now (except maybe NJ or Pitts) I would've said that I'd rather the Habs lose this game and give up a 6 goal lead. Then they might learn...

the team looks shamed... and after that period, they should.

but HOORAY!!! we clinched!!! and we beat the Sens!

true, but we've been outworked for the entire period

I am not blaming it all on the refs, but that was just brutal.. they missed a bunch of calls against the sens, but call us for everything they possible can. It smells...

I am not blaming it all on the refs, but that was just brutal.. they missed a bunch of calls against the sens, but call us for everything they possible can. It smells...

It sure does.

20 minutes for Gorges, 19 for Bouillion, 17 for Streit, 16 for O'Byrne. Markov and Hamrlik 24 and 22 each.

We really spread the minutes out for the D, and I don't think it was the smartest idea, given the dismal third period.

Whew...We win we clinch. Celebrate guys...keep the negativity down.

YOUKEEPTHENEGATIVITYDOWN!

GAH!

HABS ARE GOING TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS...

*pants*

Sorry, that was a long third period...

Whew...We win we clinch. Celebrate guys...keep the negativity down.

Seriously, we won and clinched...the bitching is comical...boo hoo hoo, the 2nd place team in our division got ripped by their coach/gm after the 2nd and came out hungry in the 3rd. Man some of you guys love to bitch :rolleyes:

I hope Halak starts the next game. Price let in 3 bad ones. Very worrysome.

Also, would like to know if Guy told em to coast, or did the team just do that on their own? Some killer instinct would be nice.

Edited by sbhatt

We all saw that bug-eyed prick complaining to the refs before the start of the 3rd, and they listened. But we did get outworked, and I kind of expected that. I did NOT expect to win by only 2 though.

I think we've shown all year though, that we can learn from mistakes, and bounce back from bad spells. One bad period will not bring this team down.