Roy and J. Roy suspended

Habsfan84

QMJHL suspends Patrick and Jonathan Roy

roy_58060.jpg

The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League suspended six players and two coaches today for a total of 28 games in relation to a brawl that took place Saturday night in a playoff game between the Quebec Remparts and the Chicoutimi Sagueneens.

Remparts goaltender Jonathan Roy, who apologized Monday for flipping the bird to the crowd after engaging in two fights, was hit hardest. He was suspended for seven games and fined $500.

His father, Remparts coach Patrick Roy, was suspended five games.

Read the rest at:

Roy and J.Roy suspended

I think it is an over reaction.. If this wasn't Roy it would be a small suspension for one or two players. Roy Jr. would probably get a few games.

This stuff happens all the time. I was at a Bulls game and there were guys pounding guys on the ice, several left the bench.. didn't even make the news. There was basically the automatic suspension to the coach for guys leaving the bench...

Yeah, they overdid because of who was involved.

I found the whole thing to be hilarious, tbqh.

To be quite honest - I figured that one out on the fly. ^_^

Anyways, this story is only news because Roy is the coach. I love hockey brawls though so I don't mind if Roy keeps this up, or better yet comes to the NHL.