Our prospects doing well in the CHL playoffs

JCPetit

Wake up guys!

P.K. Subban, Yannick Weber and Ben Maxwell are all off to a strong start in the playoffs. Ryan White is not doing bad either. It bodes very well for the Habs' future.

JCPetit

Edited by JCPetit

What are the odds one of them competes for the Memorial Cup?

The odds are very good that PK does.

The Belleville Bulls are ranked 3rd or 4th in the CHL rankings.

PK had the OT winner the other night. :clap:

A little off topic but Olivier Fortier won the Guy Carbonneau award for the LHJMQ. :clap:

best defensive forward of the league.

Sure he has no chance of making it to the Memorial Cup but he cannot be overlooked as a

prospect. Someday we gonna need a player like him with speed, skills and great ice vision.

But PK is THE man.

With a drive to the playoffs and Memorial Cup PK Subban could have a dream season.

I'll take your bet and pull a Tonya Harding on Nancy Kerrigan.

I want to be paid in small bills please !!

The info is: overall position - player's name - Games Played / Goals / Assists / Penalty Minutes

In the WHL,

7 - Ben Maxwell----- 4 / 4 / 2 / 6 / 6

80 - Ryan White----- 4 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 0

In the OHL

7 -- P.K. Subban----- 5 / 3 / 5 / 8 / 4

11 - Yannick Weber--4 / 4 / 2 / 6 / 6

In the QMJHL

(I couldn't find our prospect, Olivier Fortier, in their list).

Not bad stuff for three of the four that I could find... very encouraging.

GO :hlogo: GO!

You will find all you need to know about Habs prospects over here

true enough but this saves running around and gives a specific topic about which we can discuss...

and you didn't discuss... you just dissed...

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

A little off topic but Olivier Fortier won the Guy Carbonneau award for the LHJMQ. :clap:

best defensive forward of the league.

Sure he has no chance of making it to the Memorial Cup but he cannot be overlooked as a

prospect. Someday we gonna need a player like him with speed, skills and great ice vision.

On that Habs Prospects site it says Fortier didn't play the last game. Any reason?

On that Habs Prospects site it says Fortier didn't play the last game. Any reason?

Injury day to day. Occured in 03/25. Missed only one game yet.

I hope for Rimouski he can come back soon because they are causing a major

surprise in the playoffs. And Fortier being a big part of it shutting Bouchard line and causing

Baie-Comeau 45-19-2 falling to Rimouski 33-36-1.

Just som college updates. Pacioretty made it to the final 4 here in Denver. He looked good over the weekend.

McDonagh was eliminated last night in overtime against N Dakota. He was decent, on the ice for 1 goal for and 1 against, made some good passes and was physical.

Fisher wa eliminated as well. He played very well defensively, pretty physical too. I don't think he has much offensive ability other then a good first pass. He's agreat skater.

I wasn't sure who else was the Habs drefted still in college.

Yes i saw them. The frozen 4 is on espn 2 i beleive starting next weekend. The championship is also espn 2.

Espn college channels show the games as well.

If you have a dish or cable service that carries all the espn channels you'll be fine.

During the regular season all the fox sports net channels show there local teams, or espnu shoes friday and saturday games.

Pacioretti is #39

McDonagh is #17

Fisher #20

They don't call out the names as much as NHL telecasts

great Read !!

I was so happy to see that max was drafted by montreal. Reading his stats and profile I knew he would fit right away. but I didn't think he'd be that good so fast.

we'll need strong wingers next year to play with maxwell and white !! in fact I think a a paccioretty-maxwell could do damage in the ahl next year and perhaps in theNHL in 4-5 years !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

2007 could be our best draft in the past 10 years with McDo, Max Pac, Subban, Weber and Fortier all poised to make some noise in the NHL. Imagine that.

And Weber is going to make the jump to the pros next season. Valentenko, Carle and Weber in Hamilton next season (and maybe Emelin, if we can finally bring him over), that'd be a sight.

And an article about Fortier in La Presse, praising his leadership.

Wins Best Defensive Forward in the Q. Well done!

Yep, Fortier is mature beyond his years and is already mastering the defensive side of the game, something that usually holds kids back. He also added much-needed weight since last season.

2007 could be our best draft in the past 10 years with McDo, Max Pac, Subban, Weber and Fortier all poised to make some noise in the NHL. Imagine that.

They have a long way to go to beat the 2005 draft, but thats a nice thing to work on :D

Its great to read about our future stars, and we have enough upcoming youth!

*but damn are we good at late picks recently!

Sergei/Halak/Streit (valentenko/D'agostini)

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan