So It's Boston in the 1st round

MAK

They said that about Koivu after cancer/eye surgery. He proved them wrong both times.

A small, speedy C can really inspire heroics from his linemates.

We need to keep tabs on him like they'll be keeping tabs on Kovalev.

I got a bad feeling our secondary scoring will be asleep the first few games, and that's when we'll need them most.

I just don't think there are any parallels between the inspiration of a captain who just

battled back from cancer and a guy who suffered a concussion.

One is a life threatening experience, one is a common injury in the sport.

When Koivu beat cancer his teammates had to witness an athlete in the prime of his career go through

radiation treatment, lose all his hair, visit them in a feeble state and worry about wether their leader

was going to live, let alone ever play again.

If it gives the Bruins a boost I highly doubt it is series altering. Plus, if he goes down again it could also

have the opposite effect. When Lindros went down it deflated the Flyers in game 7.

I agree. If that big goof Chara can throw elbows at Kovy in the corner (he has before), Komi should be looking to take Bergeron out with a similar blow should he play. Tit for tat.

If he is on the ice he is fair game.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bergeron decides to play, it's fair game.

I'd say punish and hit him every chance a habs can. Nothing wrong with a couple of head shots as well. They go after Kovy hard, so i have no problem with the Habs going after Bergeron since he is one of their most skilled players.

Do whatever it takes to win.

Win at all costs.

Kovy is a big boy and can take care of himself. He's not stupid, he knows it's coming. Frankly, I think we should be more concerned with how Plekanec deals with it. He's the centre. We have the ability to play the bruising game as well. Their average defense will not be able to handle the speed, skill, and chemistry of our top line. Our fourth line of Kost-Smoke-Begin has been great down the stretch and will become more important in this series to set the physical tone. O'Byrne, Komisarek, and Hamrlik are the perfect compliments to Markov, Gorges, and Bouillon. We may have been pushed around before, but no longer. That piece of sh*t Julien's goonery will not work against an attack as potent as ours. I'd love to sweep this series - I think we have the ability to do it, though I don't think it will happen.

Edited by les_glorieux

I just don't think there are any parallels between the inspiration of a captain who just

battled back from cancer and a guy who suffered a concussion.

One is a life threatening experience, one is a common injury in the sport.

When Koivu beat cancer his teammates had to witness an athlete in the prime of his career go through

radiation treatment, lose all his hair, visit them in a feeble state and worry about wether their leader

was going to live, let alone ever play again.

If it gives the Bruins a boost I highly doubt it is series altering. Plus, if he goes down again it could also

have the opposite effect. When Lindros went down it deflated the Flyers in game 7.

If he is on the ice he is fair game.

Bergeron was cut down with a vicious check by a dirty Flyer. He was poised for a career season, started off well, and had to be carted off the ice Zednik style after the check. You remember what happened when McLaren took out Zednik? He opened a can of worms his team couldn't close.

I don't want to take anything away from Koivu, but Bergeron's injury will be played up like that by the Boston media, and who knows, it may actually work for the Bruins. He is like Koivu and Zednik crossed together, except since it happened at the start of the season, it wasn't as serious as it would be in the playoffs, and since it wasn't life-threatening (although it could have been, like Steve Moore and Bertuzzi), it's not as bad as Koivu. It's not far off though.

But yes, if he's on the ice, GIT 'IM! Same with Marc "BrokeBack Mountin'" Savard and Phil "Testicular Cancer" Kessel.

Do whatever it takes to win.

Win at all costs.

You sound like the Patriots, and you saw what happened to them...

Bergeron was cut down with a vicious check by a dirty Flyer. He was poised for a career season, started off well, and had to be carted off the ice Zednik style after the check. You remember what happened when McLaren took out Zednik? He opened a can of worms his team couldn't close.

I don't want to take anything away from Koivu, but Bergeron's injury will be played up like that by the Boston media, and who knows, it may actually work for the Bruins. He is like Koivu and Zednik crossed together, except since it happened at the start of the season, it wasn't as serious as it would be in the playoffs, and since it wasn't life-threatening (although it could have been, like Steve Moore and Bertuzzi), it's not as bad as Koivu. It's not far off though.

But yes, if he's on the ice, GIT 'IM! Same with Marc "BrokeBack Mountin'" Savard and Phil "Testicular Cancer" Kessel.

You sound like the Patriots, and you saw what happened to them...

It doesn't matter what the media portrays. In the room the players thought they might lose their captain

not just on the ice, but in life. The fans thought they may lose the captain as well, for good.

That emotion in the dressing room and in that arena that night cannot be replicated by a concussion or the media.

Edited by Wamsley01