2 y - Pittsburgh Penguins*

3 Washington Capitals*

4 x - New Jersey Devils

5 x - New York Rangers

6 x - Ottawa Senators

7 x - Boston Bruins

8 x - Philadelphia Flyers

if Pittsburgh win tomorrow, montreal goes down one spot and Philly stays put

if Philly wins, they go up one spot and pittsburgh stays in 2nd place.

against the B's history montreal has won 23 of 30 playoffs match up. however montreal has one only 3 of the last 8.

Boston will come in with a nothing to lose attitude and will give everything they have.

I'm a bit afraid that montreal may feel over confident about their 11 wins in a row aganin the ruins

I'm still calling montreal in 5

GO HABS !!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Habs in 6.

Regular season record between two teams means absolutly nothing going into the playoffs.

Montreal has a much better team, but i fear if Bergeron comes back, that might ignite a fire.

**Anyone remember Bergeron turtleing on Begin in the playoffs a few years back. Begin lost a bunch of teeth, it was ugly. I hope the fans remember that. **

:ghg:

Edited by MMPL

Man, I don't know if I want to play Boston :blink::blink::blink:

I know that we own them, that we have the psychological edge, BUT :

They are healthy now, they have been playing well lately, and they are looking to avenge that regular season sweep, and that would be sweet for them to do that in the playoffs

What if Philly loses in OT/SO?

Tie Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

Man, I don't know if I want to play Boston :blink::blink::blink:

OK, guys enough of the being scared about other teams. Montreal finished with most goals, best power play and first in the east so far. IT WAS NOT A FLUKE! I doubted them at the start, they converted me with consistancy and are winners.

No more loser talk Habs rule the roost in the East and other teams better watch out for the Mighty Habs.

(Did I do a good job with my Pep talk?)

OK, guys enough of the being scared about other teams. Montreal finished with most goals, best power play and first in the east so far. IT WAS NOT A FLUKE! I doubted them at the start, they converted me with consistancy and are winners.

No more loser talk Habs rule the roost in the East and other teams better watch out for the Mighty Habs.

:lol:

As long as we didnt have to play Ottawa i was fine. this will be a tough series for us and we will have to play physical. I wonder who the Habs will scratch during the Playoffs.

Not too shaby.

Habs in 4.

This one isn't gonna be close, Broons can't score.

I think Stewart DEFINITLY earned a playoff roster spot as a starter too. He showed he can compete.

He got the most chances, and proved he has a true playoff attitude with hisb Mcabe scrap.

Great job!

And i'll be ticked if he ain't in.

As long as we didnt have to play Ottawa i was fine. this will be a tough series for us and we will have to play physical. I wonder who the Habs will scratch during the Playoffs.

Playing them in the 1st would have been great, because of the psychological edge, and the way both teams have been playing lately.

If they beat another team in the 1st round, they are going to gain confidence and I don't want to meet a confident Ottawa team in the playoffs

I think Stewart DEFINITLY earned a playoff roster spot as a starter too. He showed he can compete.

He got the most chances, and proved he has a true playoff attitude with hisb Mcabe scrap.

Great job!

And i'll be ticked if he ain't in.

Ya i loved the kid and i think he does as well but its hard to sit a guy like Ryder, Begin, Kostopoulos, Dandy in his favour.

I dont think a series vs the Bruins will be as easy as the regular season. Can't look past them. Especially now that they're healthy and that no one gave them a chance in hell to be in the playoffs, they have no pressure and everything to win. Chara is coming off a career year and he'll be on a mission to stop Kovalev any way possible so we'll definitely need to get some secondary scoring.

In the end, a lot will depend on the way Thomas plays.

Stewart: did well in his 1 game trial. Only means he can fill in if there's injuries.

Sorry, I posted this in the Game Thread but meant to put it here (somehow):

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, the Habs are playing supremely well, looking every inch an elite contender (2 GAA in the last three games, from the league's best offensive team, are you kidding me???); and obviously we've kicked Boston around all season. On the other hand, the karma for a Habs-Boston series does feel slightly wrong to me.

The Prunes will have *absolutely* no pressure and no expectations at all. None, zip, nada. That always makes teams dangerous. Remember the Habs' most recent playoff series, upsets all? Those upsets were partly fueled by a we've-got-nothing-to-lose-so-let's-give-em-hell attitude, the energy and attitude of the total underdog. The shoe could be on the other foot this time. And there's a further chance that the Habs - being young, and with visions of a season's worth of abject domination of their opponent - will sleepwalk into the series, thinking it'll be a gimme, which could spell trouble.

Don't get me wrong. Smart money has the Habs to win handily. But in a way I can see where Cherry's coming from on this. What he forgets is that Montreal is simply 10X the team Boston is, from the goalie on out.

Still, Ottawa might, in fact, have been a preferable opponent...somebody who, were we to beat them, would really put the wind in our sails; and yet who looks eminently beatable. If we manhandle the Bruins the way we've done all season, then we will not have been adequately tested for the next round. If we drop a couple of games to them, then we'll enter into very dangerous waters where the Bruins will begin to smell upset and become truly dangerous. The best scenario is for us to pound the shit out of them in the first two games, establishing our supremacy; then have the Bruins play us good and tough for the next two or three. A hard-fought 5-game series win might at least put some fear of God into us, steeling us for the next round, without truly jeapordizing this magical year.

Just a cautionary note...I've remember enough good seasons sullied by dodgy playoffs, from back in the '80s-90s, to see some dangers here. I look forward to being proven wrong for even thinking this way

I dont think a series vs the Bruins will be as easy as the regular season. Can't look past them. Especially now that they're healthy and that no one gave them a chance in hell to be in the playoffs, they have no pressure and everything to win. Chara is coming off a career year and he'll be on a mission to stop Kovalev any way possible so we'll definitely need to get some secondary scoring.

In the end, a lot will depend on the way Thomas plays.

Stewart: did well in his 1 game trial. Only means he can fill in if there's injuries.

In all seriousness KoZed is right. Boston Montreal playoff games are a whole different beast. It is the matchup I always love as I was a young'n when Dung Churry got called for too many men on the ice and Guy Lafluer SCORES!!!

I respect Boston, I like watching the Habs play Boston and this year I am going to enjoy watching the Habs BEAT BOSTON in 6. Plus it will shut up Boston fan extreme PJ Stock the ultimate Crap hockey jock up on the Team990!

Edited by InsaneHABSfan

Sure the Bruins, who else? It is sure not going to be easy.

Nobody placed the Bruins in the playoffs, but nobody placed the HAbs

as division winers. So there is no underdog there.

But it's gonna be fun to watch.

Komo will want Thornton and Lucic for appetizers.

Bégin will get under Chara skin and make him loses his mind.

Koivu will be back somewhere near the third game and will hurt them as he always

do against them.

We will see what the kids especially. Price, A Kost, Latendresse, S. Kost, Lapierre, O'byrne get their first step in playoff mode.

We will see Carbo vs Julien

Sure the Bruins, who else? It is sure not going to be easy.

Nobody placed the Bruins in the playoffs, but nobody placed the HAbs

as division winers. So there is no underdog there.

Habs won their division with 104 pts and challenged for the 1st in East, having no big injuries through most of the season. Bruins held unto their playoff spot despite plenty of injuries to key players (Bergeron & Fernandez especially). There will be pressure on the Habs, there's no denying that.

We will see what the kids especially. Price, A Kost, Latendresse, S. Kost, Lapierre, O'byrne get their first step in playoff mode.

We will see Carbo vs Julien

That's the X factor there. Plenty of youth on our roster and we're facing a good coach. It'll be interesting to see how Carbo ajusts in a series, against the same team. It'll be his first series as a coach too.

as i wrote in the last game thread, i have a feeling the first round vs bruins may be the toughest series the habs play this postseason

Easy has it right, last line: Carbo v Julien.

We have the better team, no question. Komisarek will be ready - as will the team, and the scum. The scum have no pressure, but we have a pretty loose, calm bunch of kids with real confidence...and an ace they can't match (Kovalev). Plus, Julien's teams are thuggish, but they'll be walking on eggshells because of our PP.

We have to want this more than they do. We cannot be happy to be in.

Habs in 5.

I bet Julien will try to implement as much goonery as possible in the first game, because that's the only place they have an advantage. Hopefully our guys will not bite on this.

And about the opening post, if Philly wins they'll jump up to 6th. And if they lose in OT, they'll still be behind Boston because Boston won the season series.

Hopefully our boys are focused as hell.

You know what guys? As much as I want them to win the Cup, they can lose in the first round, and I'd still be satisfied! Do you realize how many good moments this team has given me during this long, sh*tty winter? It's been a long time coming (15 years) and I've enjoyed every minute of it. What's even more satisfying is knowing that WE'RE BACK, that no matter what we do this year in the playoffs, this team is going to be a serious competitor for the Cup for years to come.

Sit back and enjoy fellas...

- Jack

You know what guys? As much as I want them to win the Cup, they can lose in the first round, and I'd still be satisfied! Do you realize how many good moments this team has given me during this long, sh*tty winter? It's been a long time coming (15 years) and I've enjoyed every minute of it. What's even more satisfying is knowing that WE'RE BACK, that no matter what we do this year in the playoffs, this team is going to be a serious competitor for the Cup for years to come.

Sit back and enjoy fellas...

- Jack

AMEN but NO !! if they lose in the first round against the Bruins, i'll be pissed...