Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/15/08

KoZed

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction, he's now given 6 goals!

To be fair... it's hard to stop a puck when you're sitting on the bench.... Empty-net goal, btw... :P

Very good, close game. For some strange reason, we kept giving them the puck. I can't believe how nervous we were. But our intensity was there, and I think that's why we won it in the end.

Thank god, Claude Julien is their coach. I hated him when he was ours. His system is so defensive that his teams can't score. They now have 5 goals in 4 games. All that intensity, all that hard work... for 5 goals.

I've been watching some of the other series and I can tell you: Boston is putting us through a defensive wringer. Most of the other series are way more wide open. One of the posters here may have had a point saying that this series is going to do us some good. Survive it, and we'll be better prepared for the next ones.

- Jack

Wamsley, you have some competition, as I officially have a man-crush on Price. Wow. Unbelievable

Man, Gainey looks stupid right now.

I welcome the company. :clap:

Very good, close game. For some strange reason, we kept giving them the puck. I can't believe how nervous we were. But our intensity was there, and I think that's why we won it in the end.

Thank god, Claude Julien is their coach. I hated him when he was ours. His system is so defensive that his teams can't score. They now have 5 goals in 4 games. All that intensity, all that hard work... for 5 goals.

I've been watching some of the other series and I can tell you: Boston is putting us through a defensive wringer. Most of the other series are way more wide open. One of the posters here may have had a point saying that this series is going to do us some good. Survive it, and we'll be better prepared for the next ones.

- Jack

That would be me :)

Is anyone else having a guilty pleasure by reading Bruins board???

These guys are such bad loosers, it's quite hilarious and sad at the same time.

The Habs had to win this one. Very glad they did.

I would have prefer an offensive showdown but i'll take the win :lol:

Keep that show for Bell Centre it's gonna be crazy out there Thursday.

The key was to win tonight so now it's 1 out of 3 and two at the HOME.

Home is where the heart is...

I feel sorry for Bruins fans sometimes. The history of being *owned* by the Habs - regardless of which team is actually superior in any given year - really is astounding. In fact, I think it works in our favour, giving us a little edge in mystique and, some years, making it somehow acceptable for the Bruins to lose to us. (Not this year; these Bruins are real grind-it-out character guys).

A tremendous win for us, in that you HAVE to be able to win these squeakers if you're planning to contend. And I don't mind saying that with Huet in net we'd probably still be fighting it out in OT.

Plekanec looks like he's trying too hard, and so does S. Kostytsin.

Gainey's brigade of piecemeal vets and castoffs - Smoke, Kostopolous, Brisebois - are really rising to the occasion. :lol:

Last time I heard this we could be leading this series 3-1 talk from the other team was 93

Nords said it, Sabres said it, Islanders said and then my man Mr. Hrudey said it.

THe second that Bo Gainey came I knew that sooner or later this team would be able to play shutdown

hockey. I was impatient the last 2 years, but with the addition of Price, Hamrlik and emergence of Komi they

are finally capable. Add the offensive dynamic and our grinders and I am ONE HAPPY MAN.

Is anyone else having a guilty pleasure by reading Bruins board???

These guys are such bad loosers, it's quite hilarious and sad at the same time.

Reading it is cool, trolling it would not be cool

Three Stars as per NHL.com:

1 - Price

2 - Komisarek

3 - Thomas

NOthing againts Briser huge goal, but I like those 3 stars. It's wonderful to have a guy like Komisarek! Hammer played a solid game too. I thought O'Byrne had a pretty good first NHL playoff game, but maybe he made some risk play rushing the puck or throwing it deep before crossing the red line.

I took a brief look at the link and only read a buch of loser talk by losers with a losing team. Typical of MOST bruin fans there.

Next time somebody says Respect the Bruins, send them to the link that say K-Rex is a chickensh*t cheap shot artist. 90% of boston players are hacks and their fans are just stupid. Hopefully those uneducated morons are on here reading this so I can say BRUINS FANS SUCK!!!!

PERIOD.

But their cheapshot artist team did play an inspired game.

Habs win, Go Habs.

Not to over-do it with the Price propaganda.....but I think when you have all the talent and depth that we have for skaters and you realize that your best player may be your rookie goaltender, you have to like your team. :clap:

Nice to see a Western Conference style win tonight.

This game was much better than a 6-4 shootout.

I gotta give some credit to Guy Carbs... I was screaming at the TV when I saw the mix up of lines... Kostopolous on the second for a bit, Pleks on the 4th for a bit... But it worked. He knew going into Boston we would have to beat them at their own game and we got a win.

Good Job Coach.

I wish the Habs could have played their style but it was a solid defensive effort and an OUTSTANDING performance by the next-great one!

GO HABS GO...

Bring on some flyers!

You guys are right, the Bruins Game Thread IS pretty funny. So much whining about the refs, and it's hilarious to read THEM ranting about what crap their guys are, etc., in exactly the same way WE do about our players when they're losing.

My favourite comment of the night was this:

Oh well, at least the Bruins are not getting destroyed.

That's the spirit!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: