HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

What was with the CBC trying to paint Montreal as the real goon squad by showing

Robinson take out Dornhoeffer (clean hit), Chelios elbow Propp and Kosto punching Timonen.

THen saying Perception is not reality or some BS like that?

You must be used to this sh*t by now. It's a joke.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe what you want, but Biron is outplaying Price by a wide margin.

Our guys are not getting their nose dirty in front of the net, nor driving to the net.. we do get some nice shots on the posts, but we are hardly dominating these guys...

That was a bad goal, unless he was screened. On the replay he looked screened

I am not worried about Biron in any way. The breaks will turn, they always do.

Edited by Wamsley01

After watching Higgins' last shift, I'd like to have Guy either:

A) sit him down for awhile to think about whether or not he wants to play hockey tonight

B) punch him square in his goddamned face

I wish I shared your confidence, but I've been waiting for 90 minutes now

I hope you are right.. my worry is that if it doesn't turn around soon, the flyers will have all the confidence and our guys will get worse.. :(

Still, that philly goal is exactly what we are not doing.. come in with speed, drop it, and go to the net for traffic.. the shooter hits the net...

I wish I shared your confidence, but I've been waiting for 90 minutes now

90 minutes is nothing. We are into the 2nd period of Game 3. There is still plenty

of time for some puck luck. It rarely lasts for 6-7 games.

After watching Higgins' last shift, I'd like to have Guy either:

A) sit him down for awhile to think about whether or not he wants to play hockey tonight

B) punch him square in his goddamned face

LOL,

and a shot from the point.. where is higgins.. standing beside the net.. no effort to get in front to create a screen at all.. grrr..

I wish we brought up ryder...

I hope you are right.. my worry is that if it doesn't turn around soon, the flyers will have all the confidence and our guys will get worse.. :(

Still, that philly goal is exactly what we are not doing.. come in with speed, drop it, and go to the net for traffic.. the shooter hits the net...

That is the thing that has infuriated me all playoffs. They should have won Game 2, they should have been up

2-0 in the first and they still haven't played well.

Same with the Boston series, they played 2 strong games and a couple of good periods and won a series.

But Philly is just not that good. They do not worry me as much as the Bruins did.

How long can the PP stay in a deep slumber?

90 minutes is nothing. We are into the 2nd period of Game 3. There is still plenty

of time for some puck luck. It rarely lasts for 6-7 games.

Still.. I wanna feel better NOW! :D

LOL,

and a shot from the point.. where is higgins.. standing beside the net.. no effort to get in front to create a screen at all.. grrr..

I wish we brought up ryder...

I almost wish a Flyer would lay him out and take him out of the game at this point, that's how sick I am of his bullshiit play.

There is the difference between the Bruins and Flyers right there. Harnell lands a big hit

on Komisarek but puts himself out of position and does not create a turnover. And it creates an

odd man rush the other way.

Their pressure forecheck is not effective like the work the Bruins did with Lucic and crew.

They do not worry me in the least, the floodgates will open sooner or later.

AS for Biron being fantastic (as the CBC would say), he has had no traffic and he was flailing away

as Higgins missed an empty net and was beaten cleanly twice on shots that hit posts.

All the other chances were shots from the outside with no traffic.

Edited by Wamsley01

There is the difference between the Bruins and Flyers right there. Harnell lands a big hit

on Komisarek but puts himself out of position and does not create a turnover. And it creates an

odd man rush the other way.

Their pressure forecheck is not effective like the work the Bruins did with Lucic and crew.

They do not worry me in the least, the floodgates will open sooner or later.

LOL, habs motivational speaker????

Philly is not that bad a team. they are good enough to beat the habs, especially with the way we are playing on the man advantage..

I don't think Philly will go past this round, but I give them even chances to knock us out based on the games so far...

Maybe we could try to go up the middle crossing their blueline (like their goal) instead of staying on the boards and these long [usless] cross ice passes.......................

Someone needs to go hard to the net with the puck, enough of the dinking around with all the extra passes.............it's a simple game really get the puck, go hard to the net for the deflection rebound

LOL, habs motivational speaker????

Philly is not that bad a team. they are good enough to beat the habs, especially with the way we are playing on the man advantage..

I don't think Philly will go past this round, but I give them even chances to knock us out based on the games so far...

Have you really been impressed by their physical play? Their tough forecheck? Have they limited

Montreal's scoring chances? They have been very opportunistic and they are tied in the series

and one shot away from being tied in Game 3.

What had impressed you? Biron

That is the thing that has infuriated me all playoffs. They should have won Game 2, they should have been up

2-0 in the first and they still haven't played well.

Same with the Boston series, they played 2 strong games and a couple of good periods and won a series.

But Philly is just not that good. They do not worry me as much as the Bruins did.

How long can the PP stay in a deep slumber?

They say the Connecticut Cro-Magnons went through an icy-cold PP freeze for about eight centuries back in 8350 B.C., so a while, I'd say.

Here we go again...

Please guys - don't give up a shorty.