HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

Price was the reason the Bruins took it to game 7, imo. But we all know that Price can play much much better, unfortunately, he hasn't shown it in the last few games.

There is no shame in giving him a game off and playing Halak.

Breezy is sick or injured.. apparently..

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Halak were to play the third and play well, it would be a tough call to do that ...

Price proved in the AHL that if you pull him, and start him the following game - he won't let you down. Then again, Guy Carbonneau isn't Don Lever, and this isn't the AHL.

If Halak were to play the third and play well, it would be a tough call to do that ...

I don't know if everybody has noticed but the Habs are grooming Price to be their starter of the future.

Lessons will be learned this playoff like it or not. They will be going with him all the way unless something

really drastic happens. And even so they will test his mettle again and again.

If they did not start Halak in Game 7 after Price gave up 10 goals in 2 games, do not expect to see him

benched in Game 4.

Let's not give up hope yet. It's only game 3. Very frustrating, but an early goal instead of 2 goalposts and it's a different story.

I agree that Price does not look very sharp on the goals and even handling the puck. I would sit him down for the 3rd and let Halak play a period.

The Habs are getting pushed around and what they need to do is start skating again and good things will happen. Move their legs and they won't get hit as easily.

Start with an early goal in the 2nd and see what happens.

Sad really that there's a need to 'send the team' a message at this time of year;

1) They're professional hockey players

2) IT'S THE FARGIN PLAYOFFS!

3) If they can't get up for these games I don't want them wearing the CH

4) FARG them all................ :rolleyes:

Get Bob back behind the bench to SEND EVERYONE a message.................................... ^_^

Edited by kenadian

The team. Coaches do that shit all the time

Yes, I know but some fault has to be placed on Price...despite the fact that the team should have spotted him to a 3-0 lead.

I think some of that message should be directed to Carey.

Unfortunately, I was hoping he was going to bounce back tonight.....no dice. We will really see what he is made of, next game.

Put Muller and Carbonneau in the lineup next game...as far as this game goes...

we didn't:

a) execute on opportunities (posts dont matter)

b) score the first goal (this is the 3rd game where philly has scored first)

c) get the special teams going

if we cant do any of all 3...we're toast

Also...Price needs to stop shaking his head at his players...he needs to come out a little and cut the angle down. He's way too far back in his crease.

Putting Halak in isn't going to solve much at this point...starting him game 4 will be a good idea...it will pose a lot of problems for Philadelphia (they wont know where to shoot)

Put Muller and Carbonneau in the lineup next game...as far as this game goes...

we didn't:

a) execute on opportunities (posts dont matter)

b) score the first goal (this is the 3rd game where philly has scored first)

c) get the special teams going

if we cant do any of all 3...we're toast

Also...Price needs to stop shaking his head at his players...he needs to come out a little and cut the angle down. He's way too far back in his crease.

Putting Halak in isn't going to solve much at this point...starting him game 4 will be a good idea...it will pose a lot of problems for Philadelphia (they wont know where to shoot)

The panic and negativity on this board is through the roof.

You are a Habs fan, right?

Because this is what it's all about - second-guessing the coach, figuring out what's wrong, and doing everything to the max - cheering and jeering.

It's to be expected.

I'm just thinking that somewhere on these boards, someone posted something stupid, and we jinxed ourselves. We gotta make a sacrifice, burn an effigy or carve out the internal organs of a poster.

Any volunteers?

Yes, I know but some fault has to be placed on Price...despite the fact that the team should have spotted him to a 3-0 lead.

I think some of that message should be directed to Carey.

Unfortunately, I was hoping he was going to bounce back tonight.....no dice. We will really see what he is made of, next game.

He has been weak tonight, but where is Kovalev? Where are the Kostitsyn's? Where is the blame on Markov?

etc etc.

The scary thing is, half the team has been invisible and if Price had played great they would be up in this game

and the series.

I don't know if everybody has noticed but the Habs are grooming Price to be their starter of the future.

Lessons will be learned this playoff like it or not. They will be going with him all the way unless something

If they did not start Halak in Game 7 after Price gave up 10 goals in 2 games, do not expect to see him

benched in Game 4.

:clap:

I do agree that's their view ... and yet Halak isn't exactly chopped liver, either. In the longer term (ie beyond this series and the rest of the playoffs) it may be a challenge to keep both Price and Halak, but having two strong young goalies is a fabulous asset. And as long as the starting role is not an automatic gift, they can motivate and drive each other to stronger performances, too.

But what should they do now ... not so sure about that. :unsure:

Halak in the third?

Either way, I'd start Price for Game 4.

How in god's name can you say that?!!!

Price: First 4 games against Bruins - great (5 goals in 4 games)

Next 2 - 10 goals in 2 games

Last Bruins game - great

1st Philly game - mediocre - bad glove hand (led to Philly 3rd goal)

Last 2 Philly games - terrible

Keep playing the shaken Price and the series is lost. Now I don't know if Halak will be any better. I've not seen him in pressure situations. But right now, Price is done, and we're done if we keep playing him. Can't get any worse with Halak (unless the team starts playing poorly, which often happens when they get poor goaltending.)

I like Price and he'll recover from this, but not now. Play Halak. Hope he turns things around. If he does, play Price again if and when Halak starts to falter later on the playoffs.

I can only hope that Carbo has the balls to do this...

- Jack

Montreal should have only one thing on their mind coming out to play the third period - hit, and hit hard. Montreal has to lay it all out on the line in preperation for game 4. Not saying a comeback is impossible tonight, but if it happens, the team has to come out hard and make sure they win all of the board battles.

You guys can criticize the team all you want, but until the weak goals, we were badly outplaying them AGAIN!. That's what's been so damn frustrating. We should be up in this series 3-0...

(And god help us if the Flyers start playing well...)

- Jack

Edited by jackp

Settle down, if it wasn't for him you would be watching the Bruins and Penguins right now.

Another blown scoring chance

No offense Wamsley, I truly enjoy your posts.

Your "rose coloured" glasses concerning Price is the exact same as Brobin's blind love for Huet.

Price has sucked all series long and with the exception of game seven, he sucked in that series too.

He has been terrible.

Forget about the missed chances, Price has sucked. Plain and simple.