Pierre McGuire

Mils

Pierre McGuire is disgusting. He says he doesn't cheer for anybody, and then gets giddy like a little schoolgirl at a candy store when they take Schenn. If you cheer for the Laffs... just admit it! That's all I ask. Be honest.

I'm sure that there are other posts on this, but I didn't see one, and McGuire was doing this just now during the draft.

Edited by Mils

In all fairness, if you watched the world juniors, McGuire blew his load whenever Schenn laced his skates up. He just loves the way he plays. It made no difference who took him, McGuire would have acted the same way.

Isn't he a Habs' fan?

Yeah, he's an admitted Habs fan.

There were a few guys Maguire really likes and gets excited when they get drafted, he was the same way with Patrick Kane during the the Juniors and the ensuing draft. He's not a Leafs fan, theres just some prospects he watches a lot that he really likes. It's not really a big deal.

yeah he sleeps in his carey price PJs

Hahaha, watching him get riled up is actually kind of funny. I still remember how pissed off he was after the 5th or 6th pick everytime Cherepanov wasn't picked. He didn't even comment on the guy selected first, he just had that tone of "Why isn't Cherepanov being selected, this is BS!"

It was pretty entertaining.

I'm actually a big McGuire fan - and not only because he likes the Habs. When you cut through all of his insane giddyness, you realize he's a very smart hockey guy who just loves the game. Can't mess w/ that.

I generally like McGuire's take on the game too...

I will also admit that I was bothered by the fact that EVERY time he said "this should be their pick" and it happened he went off like a bloody rocket...it was egotistical and an I told you so moment every time that happened.

I also didn't like how they had annointed Schenn as the Leafs pick as soon as the trade was announced. Sure, it was the probable choice but at least let them announce it before simply saying stuff like "the Leafs future is set now that they've drafted Schenn". The kid is not likely to be in the NHL this year so give the re-build blow job a rest. I think MacKenzie tried to slow them down with a comment to let them announce it first but it was steam rolled by MacGuire and the other doorknob. MacGuire because he has his favourite prospects, like Schenn, and the other idiot because he's a Leaf blowhard.

MacGuire is a Habs fan but at least he doesn't treat the Habs in the same way as the analysts who are also Leaf fans.

:huh:

Pierre McGuire is a Habs fan, not a Leafs fan. He gets excited over very many small things, some of which include big, tough Canadian prospects and teams drafting players he feels will help them. The Leafs put two of those things together and drafted a guy he will surely be calling a monster for many years.

Yeah, he's an admitted Habs fan.

There were a few guys Maguire really likes and gets excited when they get drafted, he was the same way with Patrick Kane during the the Juniors and the ensuing draft. He's not a Leafs fan, theres just some prospects he watches a lot that he really likes. It's not really a big deal.

Yeah, it's more of a man-crush issue than a bias towards a particular team. He is in love with several hockey players, with strong feelings for many more.

I also didn't like how they had annointed Schenn as the Leafs pick as soon as the trade was announced. Sure, it was the probable choice but at least let them announce it before simply saying stuff like "the Leafs future is set now that they've drafted Schenn". The kid is not likely to be in the NHL this year so give the re-build blow job a rest. I think MacKenzie tried to slow them down with a comment to let them announce it first but it was steam rolled by MacGuire and the other doorknob. MacGuire because he has his favourite prospects, like Schenn, and the other idiot because he's a Leaf blowhard.

hehehe. I always thought that happened because the MLSE saves money on scouting staff and just draft whoever the tv analysts tell them to draft. ^_^