The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

Cool. Just wanted to see if you put your money where your mouth is. (Yeah, that's a bit of a strong statement, it's not like you bragging or bad mouthing anything. I just couldn't think of any other way to put it.) I have nothing wrong with it, I just can't understand it. I figure we're omnivores for a reason.

Thanks. I actually started out completely straight-edge in 2007 but that only last for like, a couple months. The only thing I've kept up is no meat. Denying sex and alcohol didn't make sense to me. :P

Sweet, I'm a veggie too!!!

Woohoo! *high five*

I watched the Jets game on Friday while I was on vacation since it happened to be on the NFL Network. I'm becoming a bigger believer in Sanchez by the day, I really think he can be a great NFL QB. He only got one drive against the Rams but he put together a really good one. The gap between him and Clemens gets larger by the day to me. As for the actual game, I just don't know how you can bungle a punt return like that but it's only pre-season so I wasn't too worried about it. I'm not sure if anyone who watches pre-season football watches it to see if their team wins or loses. I don't. I mean the Lions went 4-0 in pre-season last year. :lol:

Overall, I'm pretty excited. Rosenfels had a nice opener in the preseason but he was never a guy who could win us games. T-jack is injury prone and ineffective, he'll probably be waived or dealt. Favre gives us a better chance to win in my opinion and that should be the main thing. Teams will be hard pressed to stack 8 in the box now against Peterson and Taylor, and with a rock solid defense I don't see any reason why we can't win 11 or 12 games.

Plus, living in the GTA, this will surely give me a chance to see more Vikes games on TV :clap:

I've obviously never been a Favre fan. This is a bit like the prospect of seeing Sundin in a Habs jersey. But i think this move is in the best interest of the team, and that's what should count.

I've obviously never been a Favre fan. This is a bit like the prospect of seeing Sundin in a Habs jersey. But i think this move is in the best interest of the team, and that's what should count.

Having a guy 100% committed to the team is in the best interest of the team. I have little doubt that Favre planned this all along to get out of training camp.

meh i agree and disagree.

No doubt the biggest obstacle he had to coming back was the fact that he didn't want to participate in OTAs or even training camp. This is not a secret.

But I think Favre had reason to feel he didn't need the extra two weeks of camp. This is the same system he has been in for quite sometime. He knows the playbooks and the calls as well as the coaches do. Granted it might take some time to develop chemistry with the receivers, but there really are no surprises here for him. 3 pre-season games should be plenty to get him ready.

I do wonder what the opinion is of some of the Vikes veterans though. It looked like everyone was all-smiles at practice today but I'm sure there are some players who would resent the fact that he skipped out on TC.

• 1 month later...

Holy shit, the Jets beat the Pats!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

I'm becoming a bigger believer in Sanchez every week. And our defence is beastly. Baby Lockdown has shut down two star receivers in a row now.

We have half of my predicted win total already. If we win one of our next two, I'll start thinking about the playoffs. Especially if that win is against New Orleans.

My Steelcrew lost a close one to Da Bears, but it was a really good, hard-fought game. Two awesome quarterbacks and defences duking it out. Pitt's normally infallible FG kicker blew two straight.

My Steelcrew lost a close one to Da Bears, but it was a really good, hard-fought game. Two awesome quarterbacks and defences duking it out. Pitt's normally infallible FG kicker blew two straight.

Huh, no Jets joke.

You surprise me Colin.

Holy shit, the Jets beat the Pats!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

I'm becoming a bigger believer in Sanchez every week. And our defence is beastly. Baby Lockdown has shut down two star receivers in a row now.

We have half of my predicted win total already. If we win one of our next two, I'll start thinking about the playoffs. Especially if that win is against New Orleans.

Great win, Revis is seriously one of the best defensive players in the game right now. Andre Johnson and Randy Moss shutdown in back to back weeks!

The Steelers (namely Jeff Reed) cost me 245 bucks by not covering the spread :puke:

Favre has been everything I hoped he would be up till this point. Of course its only the Lions and the Browns, but he has played second fiddle to Adrian Peterson and he seems perfectly fine with it. I was a bit worried he would force things in order to be the star of the show, but that hasn't been the case.

Percy Harvin has really changed our offense as well, he gives us a great weapon to complement Peterson and has contributed in both the passing and running games. It's a lot of fun to watch right now, but I'll temper my expectations for now as again, it was Detroit and Cleveland.

Great win, Revis is seriously one of the best defensive players in the game right now. Andre Johnson and Randy Moss shutdown in back to back weeks!

Yeah, I really want to see what he does against the Saints offense. I think we have one of the best safety tandems in the league right now as well in Rhodes and Leonhard. Sheppard has been quiet so far but has also played well. Once he gets a little more comfortable, I think you'll see a return to form. Bart Scott so far has been WELL worth the money, I'm really glad we went with him over Ray Lewis.

I'm about ready to officially tab Gholston a bust though. Didn't like the pick at the time either.

Percy Harvin has really changed our offense as well, he gives us a great weapon to complement Peterson and has contributed in both the passing and running games. It's a lot of fun to watch right now, but I'll temper my expectations for now as again, it was Detroit and Cleveland.

As a diehard Gators fan (another win over the Vols this weekend! Shaky win but a win) I'm really glad Harvin has managed to fit into the offense so far. I thought all the knocks on him leading up to the draft were really unfair because he is really a dynamic player. He's probably a bigger reason then Tebow that we won the national championship last season.

As a diehard Gators fan (another win over the Vols this weekend! Shaky win but a win) I'm really glad Harvin has managed to fit into the offense so far. I thought all the knocks on him leading up to the draft were really unfair because he is really a dynamic player. He's probably a bigger reason then Tebow that we won the national championship last season.

I didn't realize it at the time he was drafted, but man for a small guy he can really power his way through tackles. This is his biggest asset for our offense, as Brett Favre and Brad Childress play the "dink and dunk" game.

Braylon Edwards is officially a Jet.

Not sure if I like it but we didn't give up much at all (Stuckey, Trusnick, 3rd and a 5th). If he reverts back to 07 Edwards then this is ridiculous and makes me think Mangini is still on the Jets payroll.

We do get the big deep threat I've been wanting the Jets to get for a while now though. Sure hope this works out.

problem with Edwards is his attitude (which Ryan may be able to correct) but also his drops. I fairly sure he led the league in drops last years. Plus he'll be a RFA next year and is likely going to want big money.

problem with Edwards is his attitude (which Ryan may be able to correct) but also his drops. I fairly sure he led the league in drops last years. Plus he'll be a RFA next year and is likely going to want big money.

Yup, worst hands in the league. He's always struggled with the easy catches, but in the past came up with the big ones. Now, he can't even do that. Definitely a huge head case, i.e. fighting with LeBron's buddy, saying Cleveland fans don't like him because he went to Michigan, etc.

16 of them, one huge one against Baltimore last season.

He has an easy copout in that Cleveland has terrible QBs. We'll see how he does with Sanchez. First have to find out if he's facing a suspension though.

Man that'd be awesome if he ripped it up against the f*ckin' Dolphins on Monday Night in his first game though, bwahahaha.

16 of them, one huge one against Baltimore last season.

He has an easy copout in that Cleveland has terrible QBs.

Trust me, the problem with Braylon's drops is Braylon. When the Browns QBs do get him good passes, he flat out drops them. Worst hands I've seen.