The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

• 1 month later...
RIP Barrell Man... one of the most dedicated and widely recognized Broncos fans.

Barrell%20Man-thumb-324x400.jpg

How this guy cannot be THE ONE most dedicated and widely recognized Broncos fan ?????

I can't believe the Jets still have a shot at the division.

If Sanchez doesn't have those two 4 INT games (or was the Bills one 5 INTs?) then we've got a one game lead on the Patriots. Not really a compliment for the Jets, it just shows the rest of the division has been playing mediocre football as well. The monday nighter on Thanksgiving could potentially haunt us as well.

Our last two games though are against the Bengals and Colts though so we still have no hope of making it.

Vikes get blown out and lose MLB EJ Henderson for the season (career?)

I wish yesterday's game never happened.

We really haven't beat any great teams (Packers x2 and Ravens being the best) and now we've lost to the Steelers and the Cards on the road and have little hope for home field advantage.

I'm starting to wonder if we're as good as I think we are.

Even when Henderson was in there, Warner picked them apart like an overripe daisy already losing its petals. I was shocked throughout. I was honestly expecting a boring affair, with Minny doing a waltz all over the Cards, but the opposite occurred. Even the Birdies running game was significantly better than the Vikings. And Favre? Most disappointing outing of the season by a long shot - he was under-throwing guys ALL night.

Even when Henderson was in there, Warner picked them apart like an overripe daisy already losing its petals. I was shocked throughout. I was honestly expecting a boring affair, with Minny doing a waltz all over the Cards, but the opposite occurred. Even the Birdies running game was significantly better than the Vikings. And Favre? Most disappointing outing of the season by a long shot - he was under-throwing guys ALL night.

Agree with pretty much everything. We stunk. It was embarrassing.

I just hope it was only one game, we got a tough one up next against the Bengals but at least it is at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate him or love him, Terrell Owens is now the 6th players in NFL history to catch 1000 passes.

Only Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison did it faster than him.

I always loved him though. I was a fan of Steve Young and Jerry Rice when I was a kid, and it continued with T.O.

Entertaining guy for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Wednesday and I'm still shocked the Jets are in the playoffs. I even think we have a shot at beating Cincy (nothing like Sunday obviously but we did a great job of stopping their first team offense)

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

My Ptriots have NO shot at beating the Ravens

Especially with the injuries (Brady, Welker)

Can you put Tom Brady's face on your sig pic for the game? :P

What are everyone's picks for the weekend?

I'm going with:

Who dey vs. J-E-T-S: Bengals offense has been putrid for a while now and the Jets D will be able to continue that trend. Sanchez won't have a great day against that secondary but they should be able to win a low scoring affair. 13-10 NYJ.

Pats vs Ravens: I don't think much of the Pats this year, but they have been able to dominate at home and they should survive for one more week, despite no Welker (Edelman is a poor man's Wes anyways.) 30-23 NE.

Packers (suck) vs. Cards: Despite my hatred for all things Green Bay, I think Rodgers is an excellent QB with some real wepons surrounding him. Woodson should be the DPOY in my opinion (sorry Revis), and I look to him to be a difference maker against a great passing attack. 34-21 GB

Cowgirls vs. Eagles: the 'girls certainly looked impressive last week, but I'm not convinced. I've never been a fan of Tony Romo and the Eagles big play ability can only be shutout for so long. I think they lose a close one. 28-27 PHI.

J-E-T-S! Suck it Bengals fans who said they "weren't trying" last week!

Surprised Fanpuck isn't here berating Braylon for that drop in the first quarter. :P I was pretty pissed off too but turns out it doesn't matter. Have to enjoy the win this week because we're losing next week no matter who we play (I think we have a better shot against Indy but thats not saying a whole lot)

Eagles getting straight up embarrassed against the Cowboys right now.

Good win by the Jets today, however I still dont think they deserved to get in the playoffs. Face it the only reason they got in was by beating two teams with nothing to play for. Even the Commissioner of the NFL has said that something needs to be done to avoid teams playing glorified exhibition games late in the season.

I'd have much rathered see the Texans make it after having to battle their way in, then a team that got rewarded because the Colts decided to mail it in by benching their starters and playing backups for 3/4 of the game.

Surprised Fanpuck isn't here berating Braylon for that drop in the first quarter. :P I was pretty pissed off too but turns out it doesn't matter.

:lol: I came very close to doing just that. As soon as it happened I almost got off the couch just to post "Vinatge Braylon." Laziness, however, kept me on my butt, haha.

Ravens looked awfully good today. I have to say that we really couldn't have asked for better matchups next week. All four games (IND vs BAL, SD vs NYJ, MIN vs DAL and NO vs ARI) should be very competitive and exciting football.

Thrilled the Patriots lost... now if San Diego can knock off the Jets all will be right in the world.

Pretty crazy game in Arizona. Should be another shootout at the superdome next week.

I'm getting tired of hearing about the Cowboys, I really hope my Vikes don't disappoint next week.

I was really hoping Rodgers and the Packers could've completed the comeback.

Cowboys-Vikings should be good next week but I think Favre will pull it out.

Edited by jetsniper