Claude Lemieux Comeback

rafikz

i don't think he'll make it. 5 years ago, in his last season, he got 20 pts in 68 games and was a -12...which was pre-lockout.

I'm almost positive he won't come close to keeping up

i don't think he'll make it. 5 years ago, in his last season, he got 20 pts in 68 games and was a -12...which was pre-lockout.

I'm almost positive he won't come close to keeping up

Whichever team that gives him a chance shouldn't expect much production out of him, just like we accept that Begin can barely scrape 10 points in a season, Lemieux would be hired mostly to play on a forth line, sharing his experience/knowledge, mentoring the younger players, and get back in game shape for when he excels the most, the playoffs. Not unlike Chris Chelios in Detroit.

Assuming he can get back in decent shape, and can still play a limited role in the NHL, Claude Lemieux is a guy you could throw on the ice every once in a while in the playoffs to shake things off, and make something happen. However, you can't exepect him to play 15 minuets a game, and play a key role, that's absurd.

If we didn't have so much depth, I might even be ready to take that risk, especially since he could help our very young team focus and get mentally prepared for playoffs games. However, we don't even have room for Kyle Chipchura, who's also the warrior-type that is decent during the regular season, but somehow takes his game to a whole new level when it matters the most.

Whichever team that gives him a chance shouldn't expect much production out of him, just like we accept that Begin can barely scrape 10 points in a season, Lemieux would be hired mostly to play on a forth line, sharing his experience/knowledge, mentoring the younger players, and get back in game shape for when he excels the most, the playoffs. Not unlike Chris Chelios in Detroit.

Assuming he can get back in decent shape, and can still play a limited role in the NHL, Claude Lemieux is a guy you could throw on the ice every once in a while in the playoffs to shake things off, and make something happen. However, you can't exepect him to play 15 minuets a game, and play a key role, that's absurd.

If we didn't have so much depth, I might even be ready to take that risk, especially since he could help our very young team focus and get mentally prepared for playoffs games. However, we don't even have room for Kyle Chipchura, who's also the warrior-type that is decent during the regular season, but somehow takes his game to a whole new level when it matters the most.

Even from the 4th line. He was a -12 the alst time he played....in an era where his clutching and grabbing stlye was accpeted. Now that he can't do that...and his mobility is more than likely lesser than that of most AHL forwards, i doubt that he will get a shot in the NHL. Let's not forget that he hasn't played in 5 years. That's a lot of rust to shake off

Wait, ok, I just looked this up and we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. Lemiuex only told RDS that he would like to make a comeback and has started skating with Phoenix however he has not been offered an official contract by anyone.

Wait, ok, I just looked this up and we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. Lemiuex only told RDS that he would like to make a comeback and has started skating with Phoenix however he has not been offered an official contract by anyone.

in other words he is dreaming in technicolor an it was a slow news day :lol:

• 3 months later...
I just can't think of any good reason why the Sarks are doing this... anyone ?? Leadeship ?? with Blake, Thornton, Marleau ???

The same reason they added Blake and Boyle. Experience. They all know what it takes to win a Cup and how to get there, something they didn't have before this season. Up to this point it was clear Thornton and Marleau's "leadership" (if you can call it that) wasn't going to be enough. They've been preaching it since they were eliminated by Dallas, a team they should've had no problem with.

The same reason they added Blake and Boyle. Experience. They all know what it takes to win a Cup and how to get there, something they didn't have before this season. Up to this point it was clear Thornton and Marleau's "leadership" (if you can call it that) wasn't going to be enough. They've been preaching it since they were eliminated by Dallas, a team they should've had no problem with.

Well, let's see. But right now, I would more put my money on "will not play more than 5 games" than "will play in the playoffs". Hope he can prove me wrong.

I just can't think of any good reason why the Sarks are doing this... anyone ?? Leadeship ?? with Blake, Thornton, Marleau ???

Since when do Thornton and Marleau have leadership? Both of them have reputations as playoff flops.

Well, let's see. But right now, I would more put my money on "will not play more than 5 games" than "will play in the playoffs". Hope he can prove me wrong.

No, thats the thing, the Sharks are doing everything they can to add more experience and leadership. They just added a 4-time Cup winner plus a Conn Smythe winner to their lineup for free. If it doesn't work out, well then no one is surprised. If it does though, another big benefit for the Sharks. At the end of the day, they can at least say they tried.

No, thats the thing, the Sharks are doing everything they can to add more experience and leadership. They just added a 4-time Cup winner plus a Conn Smythe winner to their lineup for free. If it doesn't work out, well then no one is surprised. If it does though, another big benefit for the Sharks. At the end of the day, they can at least say they tried.

Ok. Let's just say that I just don't believe in Claude Lemieux return and think he'll be gone in by march. Hope he can prove me wrong, but not that much because that would make San Jose a better team, something the Habs don't need at all...