Habsworld's #1 public enemy

JoeLassister

My #1 enemy in the league is...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. As a Habs Fan, what team do you hate most ?

• Boston
    • Buffalo
    • Ottawa
    • Toronto
    • NYR
    • Philly
    • NYI
    • Pittsburgh
    • New Jersey
    • Florida
    • Atlanta
    • Tampa Bay
    • Washington
    • Carolina
    • A team in the West (wich one)
  2. 2. What team comes at #2 on your hating list ?

• Boston
    • Buffalo
    • Ottawa
    • Toronto
    • NYR
    • Philly
    • NYI
    • Pittsburgh
    • New Jersey
    • Florida
    • Atlanta
    • Tampa Bay
    • Washington
    • Carolina
    • A team in the West (wich one)

I went with Ottawa and Toronto. My hate has decreased recently as their skill levels have decreased, but their fans keep me a-hating. I also detest Boston and Philly, but there aren't as many fans where I live.

To tell the truth, I have a hard time rooting for anyone besides the Habs, but I'll cheer Vancouver and Chicago on occasion.

I voted Boston 1st, Toronto 2nd and had there been the possibility of voting for a 3rd team i really hate, I would've voted for Philly!

Edited by Habsfan

Take a Bruins fan, remove what little brains he has, and you've got a Flyers fan.

Ha ha....I cannot stand the Flyers. I hate the Leafs more than anybody else, but

the majority of the time they are a disgrace.

I hate the Bruins and Flyers right now, but the Flyers more as of today.

I could have lived with the Bruins winning that series last year, the Flyers I will always

believe were fortunate in that series and will be exposed as a pretender in the long term.

Biron is extremely overrated and their D is shoddy. They have ZERO chance to win the Cup

with the team they have right now.

I don't think their D is all that shoddy. Coburn is quality and that Italian kid looked damned good tonight. Indeed, they're the team I fear most in the Conference. And of course they play a nasty game full of cheap shots and other B.S.. So they're #2 on my hate list.

I messed up my vote and voted for biggest rivals so I picked Leafs, Bruins. I change my mind for most hated though.

Most hated cant really be the Leafs because the Habs havent played the Laffs in the playoffs since I used to sit on my great uncles lap. Similar with Bruins. Habs play Bos more frequently in the playoffs but I cant remember any series that Habs lost to Bos. Probably sometime in the mid 90's, not really sure. Habs always seem to beat both of them easily so I dont really have a reason to have a serious hate for either of them.

The Flyers however are quite different. I can think of several series that they have beaten the Habs and same goes with Cannes. I especially dislike the Cannes because they are one of the silly southern US teams. Personally I dont think there should be any US teams south of the Mason Dixon line. :lol: Colarado is the exception because it actually snows there. I would much prefer that the Cannes go back to Hartford. No clue why Betman is infactuated with silly southern US teams. Why not put some teams in northern states? like GreenBay Graters?

There are other teams that I dislike but they arent really much to the Habs, like NJ. Their style of play is pretty boring but there hasnt been enough playoff series in recent memory for them to be near the top of the list.

Most hated cant really be the Leafs because the Habs havent played the Laffs in the playoffs since I used to sit on my great uncles lap.

Yeah, I dont get why the Leafs get so many votes. What's there to hate? They're a media creation more than anything. They tried to create a rivalry that never really existed in the pure hockey sense of the word. I also assume lot of votes comes from Ontario Habs fans stuck in Leafs country.

I grew up not really caring about the Leafs. They were always horrible, and in the other conference. Habs never played them enough for me to hate them.

My solid #1 was the Bruins, and #1A were the Nords. Flyers would come third (who recalls the nastiness from the Propp-Chelios elbow, and the end of the series Hextall/Chelios beat down? Pregame fights in the playoffs...ahhhhhhhh.)

Edited by huzer

I don't think their D is all that shoddy. Coburn is quality and that Italian kid looked damned good tonight. Indeed, they're the team I fear most in the Conference. And of course they play a nasty game full of cheap shots and other B.S.. So they're #2 on my hate list.

Coburn, Timmonen and a lot of question marks. If Parent can develop and Sbisa is going

to step in as an 18 year old and be effective and Eminger finally matches the hype he had

4 years ago etc etc etc.

2 years from now when Coburn has improved even more and the other youthful core has

matured I may agree with you. Until then, they do not really have a solid NHL core of d-men

Yeah, I dont get why the Leafs get so many votes. What's there to hate? They're a media creation more than anything. They tried to create a rivalry that never really existed in the pure hockey sense of the word. I also assume lot of votes comes from Ontario Habs fans stuck in Leafs country.

You're right in my case. Up until very recently, Leaf fans in my area were intolerable, and my hatred was a result of that.

My solid #1 was the Bruins, and #1A were the Nords.

Had this thread been started in 1995, I would have said that Public Ennemy number 1 is without a doubt the Nordiques. For a kid who grew up in this province in the 80's, the Nordiques were the ONLY ENNEMY!!! You were either a Habsfan or a Nords Fan in this province, and you hated the other team.

Boston was number 2 in my books. and Philly Number 3. Back in the 80's and early 90's the Leafs were in the western conference so we didn't play them very often, and the Leafs also sucked. It's kinda hard to hate a team that really sucks!

Flyers would come third (who recalls the nastiness from the Propp-Chelios elbow, and the end of the series Hextall/Chelios beat down? Pregame fights in the playoffs...ahhhhhhhh.)

Ahhhh! The good old days!!

You're right in my case. Up until very recently, Leaf fans in my area were intolerable, and my hatred was a result of that.

It has everything to do with living in Toronto for me. They are intolerable in their sense

of entitlement. They cannot accept the fact that for 40 years their franchise has been a joke.

When I was in NYC I was on the train to see the Mets play. As a Yankee fan I harbor zero hate

towards the Mets and the Met fan I was talking to could not understand this. If I did not live in T.O.

I would probably consider the Leafs a nuisance.

Since Im not a longtime habsfan (only like since 93-94-ish) the only team I really have totally HATED have been Carolina for a few reasons, there should not be a NHL hockeyteam there... 100s of towns up north that should have a team before them and then its the two painful playoff exits dealt by them. I just hate them. I cant pick Toronto because I want them to be in the NHL.

2nd I picked Buffalo... I just hate that guy in tv thats so damn famous who yells weird stuff everytime they score a goal and I really dont like that team either for some reason, maybe because we havent been able to win so much against them during my time as a habsfan.

That's Rick Jeanerette(not sure on spelling)...he's simply brutal.

I despise Toronto and Buffalo equally but I put Toronto first.

Biggest reason has nothing to do with the organizations themselves and everything to do with their fans and media...

My solid #1 was the Bruins, and #1A were the Nords. Flyers would come third (who recalls the nastiness from the Propp-Chelios elbow, and the end of the series Hextall/Chelios beat down? Pregame fights in the playoffs...ahhhhhhhh.)

1989 playoffs! That was epic. Refs & players coming from the locker room half-naked to stop the pre-game fight. Its still all on YouTube for the youngins looking to get an education in the History of the Habs.

1989 playoffs! That was epic. Refs & players coming from the locker room half-naked to stop the pre-game fight. Its still all on YouTube for the youngins looking to get an education in the History of the Habs.

1989 was the Propp elbow, but the retaliation was Hextall losing his mind and going after Chelios

in the last seconds of game 6. 1987 was the pre bench clearer with Hospodar and Chico Resch jumping

Corson and Lemieux trying to put the puck in the empty net after the pre game skate

1989 was the Propp elbow, but the retaliation was Hextall losing his mind and going after Chelios

in the last seconds of game 6. 1987 was the pre bench clearer with Hospodar and Chico Resch jumping

Corson and Lemieux trying to put the puck in the empty net after the pre game skate

Yep, thats right it was 87 when the pre game brawl happened. They recently showed quick highlights of that series on one of the vintage hockey chanels I get. I had always thought that the Habs won that series but they actually lost it. Either way it was an instant classic game for sure.

Personaly I would love to see the opposite of the new DVD box set thats comming out in November. i.e. the Habs 10 worst moments. :P

When did Lemieux get on all fours and bark like a dog? :lol: That had to be the funniest and wierdest thing I have ever seen in hockey. If they do ever do a Habs 10 worst/most embarrasing moments that would have to be on it.

Easy for me as a BC Habs fan: Toronto and Vancouver. The province is infested with those knuckle-dragging neanderthal fans. I also despise the other three Canadian teams as well as Boston, Philly and Carolina, but there aren't nearly as many (okay, practically none but that's past the point) of those fans on whom to hate.