Dogs are 14-7-1 (as of Dec.1st)

KoZed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Pacioretty goal made me jump out of my seat. Hell, same for the play that almost connected a few shifts later.

What a player, unbelievable.

Damn true, it would have been even better than his goal, who was awesome.

Players who impressed me :

Trotter

Max Pac

Weber

Denis (well, we all know he's good for the AHL...)

Chip (same as Denis)

Belle (played a really good game)

Well to be honest, I didn't know most of the numbers too well since I didn't have time to jolt them down on a piece of paper.

Regardless, I will say that Weber improved his game since the OHL and training camp. Would he be worthy of a call up? Not really since he still has some things to work out but he does handle the puck well. Guys like him should be playing almost 30 minutes a night in the AHL rather than 12-15 in the NHL.

• 2 weeks later...
1 win in their last 6 games.... looks like the Dogs miss D'Ago...

To be fair, 4 of those losses were 1 goal games.

But it also looks like Chipchura is stepping up. 2 pts in each of the last 3 games, 8 in his last 5. And the Big 4 rookies (Maxwell, White, Pacioretty, Desharnais) seems to have kept going as well as before.

Oh, BTW, Mathieu Carle is basically matching Yanick Weber's stats with 7 less games played.

I guess you give AK46 and D'Agostini to Plekanec and let Chips partner up with Lats and Kosopoulos...

Or Sergei Kostsitsyn instead of Kostopoulos:

Tanguay-Lang-Kovalev

D'Agostini-Plekanec-A.Kostsitsyn

S.Kostsitsyn-Chipchura-Latendresse

I would maybe think of swithcing Tanguay and Sergei, so that you don't have too many kids without a proven veteran on the same line.

habsinsideout.com is reporting that the habs have called up Ben Maxwell to play on a line with D'Agostini and A. Kost.

This has to be a huge shot in the confidence of Chipchura. To me this is either a sign of one of the 3 things:

1) Maxwell and D'agostini had developed good chemistry playing together in Hamilton

2) The Habs were looking for a centre who could contribute more offensively than Chipchura is able

3) Chipchura is really falling down the organizational depth chart

habsinsideout.com is reporting that the habs have called up Ben Maxwell to play on a line with D'Agostini and A. Kost.

This has to be a huge shot in the confidence of Chipchura. To me this is either a sign of one of the 3 things:

1) Maxwell and D'agostini had developed good chemistry playing together in Hamilton

2) The Habs were looking for a centre who could contribute more offensively than Chipchura is able

3) Chipchura is really falling down the organizational depth chart

Option #4: Chipchura's hurt with a groin injury. The C who actually played with D'Agostini in Hamilton is Yanick Lehoux, but because he requires re-entry waivers, I doubt we see him up any time soon.

Option #4: Chipchura's hurt with a groin injury. The C who actually played with D'Agostini in Hamilton is Yanick Lehoux, but because he requires re-entry waivers, I doubt we see him up any time soon.

Chipchura's injured... didn't he just play a few nights ago? Rats, that kid has no luck.

To be fair, 4 of those losses were 1 goal games.

But it also looks like Chipchura is stepping up. 2 pts in each of the last 3 games, 8 in his last 5. And the Big 4 rookies (Maxwell, White, Pacioretty, Desharnais) seems to have kept going as well as before.

Oh, BTW, Mathieu Carle is basically matching Yanick Weber's stats with 7 less games played.

I guess you refer to that other thread. Carle is also 1 year older than Weber...

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else blown away by Loic Lacasse?

Not too long ago this guy was written off as a waste and holy smokes he's ripping it up in the AHL!

He's 6-1-0 with 2 shutouts, a 2.07 GAA with a 922 save percentage.

Is anyone else blown away by Loic Lacasse?

Not too long ago this guy was written off as a waste and holy smokes he's ripping it up in the AHL!

He's 6-1-0 with 2 shutouts, a 2.07 GAA with a 922 save percentage.

The stats are misleading. All of his wins have come against non-playoff teams. I'm glad that he was able to hold the fort while Denis was up and Desjardins hurt, but he should be back in Cincy in the very near future as the Bulldogs schedule starts to get tougher.

The stats are misleading. All of his wins have come against non-playoff teams. I'm glad that he was able to hold the fort while Denis was up and Desjardins hurt, but he should be back in Cincy in the very near future as the Bulldogs schedule starts to get tougher.

But they are still WINS

But they are still WINS

Yep, and that's good, but when an ECHL backup is winning these games, it suggests how bad the opponents are. He's playing behind Kyle Gajewski in Cincy, and has just 5 GP there despite being healthy for 95% of his time spent there. I don't think he's done anything to parlay himself back into Montreal or Hamilton's plans beyond this season, that's what Robert Mayer was signed for.