Dogs are 14-7-1 (as of Dec.1st)

KoZed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-entry waivers depends on the players AHL salary as well as his experience level. If Denis is making less than something like $120,000 in Hamilton (not sure on the exact number), he can be recalled without going on re-entry. It's a somewhat bizarre rule. Essentially, players that sign 2 way deals that has the AHL portion having him make "AHL star" level salaries are the ones that are vulnerable. Denis might've chose to make a little less to make it more likely that he'd get called up in a pinch. He's trying to get back to the NHL, not make a ton of money this year. This is probably a bit easier for him to do since he was bought out of his last contract and still is receiving $867,000 from Tampa this season and $1m from them next season.

I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense and if JMMR is saying this, I trust him on that.

The Canadiens had to place Marc Denis on waivers when he was sent to Hamilton, so I don't see why he wouldn't have to clear waivers again if called-up.

Yeah, pretty sure Denis would need recall waivers. I think all a 2-way contract does is make his salary variable, depending on if he is at the AHL or NHL level.

Re-entry waivers depends on the players AHL salary as well as his experience level. If Denis is making less than something like $120,000 in Hamilton (not sure on the exact number), he can be recalled without going on re-entry. It's a somewhat bizarre rule. Essentially, players that sign 2 way deals that has the AHL portion having him make "AHL star" level salaries are the ones that are vulnerable. Denis might've chose to make a little less to make it more likely that he'd get called up in a pinch. He's trying to get back to the NHL, not make a ton of money this year. This is probably a bit easier for him to do since he was bought out of his last contract and still is receiving $867,000 from Tampa this season and $1m from them next season.

I don't know this for sure, but it makes sense and if JMMR is saying this, I trust him on that.

Gainey was quoted on that Danis AHL contract is low enough so he does not have to clear on the way up.

He does on the way down though.

Hmm, thats interesting info. I didnt know there was such a rule. I guess it somewhat makes sense because in the majoroty of the cases this rule would apply to the players in the AHL dont have as much NHL eperience as Denis. Its kind of an odd situation having a 3rd string goalie in the AHL who makes so little who has played 10 seasons in the NHL.

I doubt there are many players in the AHL that this rule would apply to. I imagine most unproven 18-19 y/o would be making more money than Denis. I think Denis only agreed to such a low contract out of desperation. Bob was probably the only GM in the NHL that called his agent. Denis was also probably betting on the Habs trading Halak at some point and with such a low contract he can be brought up at any time and would end up playing for his favourite home town team.

Hmm, thats interesting info. I didnt know there was such a rule. I guess it somewhat makes sense because in the majoroty of the cases this rule would apply to the players in the AHL dont have as much NHL eperience as Denis. Its kind of an odd situation having a 3rd string goalie in the AHL who makes so little who has played 10 seasons in the NHL.

I doubt there are many players in the AHL that this rule would apply to. I imagine most unproven 18-19 y/o would be making more money than Denis. I think Denis only agreed to such a low contract out of desperation. Bob was probably the only GM in the NHL that called his agent. Denis was also probably betting on the Habs trading Halak at some point and with such a low contract he can be brought up at any time and would end up playing for his favourite home town team.

I wasn't aware of that either. If it's true, it would actually make sense for Marc Denis to accept a little less in order to be available for callups, otherwise he's be stuck for sure in Hamilton for the entire season (Desjardins would probably have been called before him). After all this is only a temporary solution for him, his objective remains to play in the NHL as soon as possible.

Besides, he's still getting almost 2 million from the Lightning... it makes it a little bit easier to make such a "sacrifice".

I remember hearing about the AHL salary/re-entry waiver rule the first year after the lockout. Dan Cloutier got injured and Vancouver could not risk losing Wade Flaherty, who was the goalie for Manitoba, to re-entry waivers. They called up Rob McVicar, who was considered a steep drop off from even Flaherty, to the NHL as a result. Then, they went out and traded for Maxime Ouellet, who wasn't nearly as good of an AHL goalie as Flaherty was instead.

After the first year, they raised the amount you could earn in the AHL without having to go through re-entry as a result of the debacle.

I wasn't aware of that either. If it's true, it would actually make sense for Marc Denis to accept a little less in order to be available for callups, otherwise he's be stuck for sure in Hamilton for the entire season (Desjardins would probably have been called before him). After all this is only a temporary solution for him, his objective remains to play in the NHL as soon as possible.

Besides, he's still getting almost 2 million from the Lightning... it makes it a little bit easier to make such a "sacrifice".

Yes that is why.

I believe the amount is around 100K.

Can anyone give me some info on Maxwell. He was mentioned a couple of times in last nights broadcast as being a really good prospect. I really haven't heard that much about him. I beleive he is centre but that's all i know.

Can anyone give me some info on Maxwell. He was mentioned a couple of times in last nights broadcast as being a really good prospect. I really haven't heard that much about him. I beleive he is centre but that's all i know.

He's a playmaking centre, LH shot, about average size. Good skating and passing ability, played the point on the PP in junior for Kootenay. He had two seperate injuries after being drafted that sidelined him for significant periods of time. Neither are chronic injuries, just bad luck.

He's our only potential "Koivu replacement" right now in the system. He's a different player, though. He's not big into the boards play like Saku. I'd say he's more of a Brad Richards type centre... not that he'll be that good, just in terms of how he plays the game.

He's a playmaking centre, LH shot, about average size. Good skating and passing ability, played the point on the PP in junior for Kootenay. He had two seperate injuries after being drafted that sidelined him for significant periods of time. Neither are chronic injuries, just bad luck.

He's our only potential "Koivu replacement" right now in the system. He's a different player, though. He's not big into the boards play like Saku. I'd say he's more of a Brad Richards type centre... not that he'll be that good, just in terms of how he plays the game.

I 've heard that one before !!

could very well be.

http://www.thespec.com/article/465197

Chipchura was named captain of the Bulldogs.

Also, an article on Ryan Russell:

http://www.thespec.com/article/465732

I forgot that Kris Russell was his twin brother. I knew that back when they were both in the WHL, but forgot it in time. Ryan and Maxwell were the two most dangerous players on the Ice back in junior, but now he's playing with Chipchura a lot.

D'AG is on fire !! Now 5th for points and tied at 2 second for goals in the AHL and he shoots the net a lot.

I wonder what is value will be at mid season but it's climbing. Can he develop has a a top six in the NHL ??

Chip is a AHL dominator. He has got the message he is hungry and not a easy opponent. Would need some of that

in Montreal. Only thing i do not see is face off, but in the last game he prepared three goals in penalty killing!!

:clap:

For sake :clap: for all the Dogs, well deserved.

hope many of you will go to the game at the bell on sunday...I will be working...I went the last time they came they played quite well. better than I expected, actually.