Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just tuned in, what happened w/ Georges?

See, if he hits and crashes, people will want to fight him more.

Laraque hit, Laraque fight, Laraque kicks ass.

He had ice on his hand, and a sorta painful look in his face in the box, hope he is alright.

Looking forward to seeing the first of the many centennial jerseys, GO HABS GO!

Not so excited for this one, same as the third jersey from previous seasons. Nice to have it back though.

I am looking forward to the blue one next year.

Not so excited for this one, same as the third jersey from previous seasons. Nice to have it back though.

I am looking forward to the blue one next year.

they win the game and I will absolutely love them

Not even close.

Glad to see that they have learned their lessons though.

That is 3 of 4 games where the opposition has dictated the pace and flow of the game.

Edited by Wamsley01

Ugh. This team badly needs another D man, that is becoming quite clear.

Other than that? I don't know what to say but it seems like half the team will show up one night, then the other half will show up the next night. Very few players seem to be giving a good effort night in night out and the talent will only take them so far.

Our defense is absolutely terrible :angry:

27 shots thru 2 periods, but it's not just this game. It's been al year and im f'ing sick of all the turnovers, bad plays, confusion, and just plain bull shit. O'byrne has been terrible, he would struggle with Hamilton right now. Gorges has not been nearly as good as last year. Komisarek has the same hits/blocked shots and that but he is not the same. Komo gets beat to the puck, he makes bad passes and turns it over as much as Obyrne. Breezer has been breezer, not physical, just average or slightly below. Boo boo has been alright and a 5th or 6th Dman at best. Hammer and Marky have been the lone bright spots back there but their partners have both been poor.

I don't know what it is going to take. A trade, maybe, but I bet we will have to wait to the deadline. Call up/Send down, maybe as well, but who? Belle has been doing good in Hamilton but I don't think he is NHL ready. O'Byrne deserves a send down, he is 6'6 and hasn't laid one guy out yet. Use your size, that is probably why your in the NHL.

Even as bad as it is now, at least our future is bright with Valentanko, McDonaugh, Fisher, Belle, Subban, Emilin, Weber, etc. We have great prospects, so maybe a trade won't be so bad...

Thoughts?

I think it's time for us to employ "meat and potatos". Like when Gainey suggested to Guy that he put the skill with the pests and/or enforcers. I say promote Laraque, Begin and Lapierre and break up some stars down through the whole 4 lines.

IMO, we need "meat and potatos".

AC is angry right now that the coaches and Guy especially can't figure out the problem. Dump it at least - please?

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I don't know what it is going to take. A trade, maybe, but I bet we will have to wait to the deadline. Call up/Send down, maybe as well, but who? Belle has been doing good in Hamilton but I don't think he is NHL ready. O'Byrne deserves a send down, he is 6'6 and hasn't laid one guy out yet. Use your size, that is probably why your in the NHL.

Even as bad as it is now, at least our future is bright with Valentanko, McDonaugh, Fisher, Belle, Subban, Emilin, Weber, etc. We have great prospects, so maybe a trade won't be so bad...

Thoughts?

Wow I never thought i would say this but I am so glad that i didnt go to this game sick as a dog...Gave my ticket to my dad to go with my brother. Is it just me or has everybody noticed that this team really cant get anything going 5 on 5? This team relies on the PP chances way too much...which they aren't capitalizing on as well! I'll give it one more week for the habs to get their sh*t together then i will begin the bashing if they dont turn it around. As for your comment MMPL, I don't think its really the defence's fault..You can't win hockey games 1-0; we are not the new jersey devils. It is the OFFENCE's fault..and Kovalev, Kostitsyn Brothers, Higgins, Tanguay, and Koivu are all the ones this games loss should be put on if they do in fact lose. IMO, I think a coaching change might be made if they dont turn it around soon...Carbo has to show SOME emotion on the bench. He sickens me.

Edited by l<OV4L3V

The only positive thing I have to say about this game is than we dont look as bad as against the Bruins. Still, we should be winning this easilly and yet, we loose.