Canadiens @ Avalanche | Slaughter Thread

Fanpuck33

Okay, I'd agree that were the GM anyone other than Gainey, Carbo might be in hot water. But since Gainey is our GM, I don't think Carbo feels any more pressure on him than Wilson does in Toronto.

This whole situation has got me into a tight situation. On one hand, without using hindsight, I've agreed with every move Gainey's made so far. On the other hand, I'm a big fan of Kovalev. And now Gainey's supposedly shopping him (and from what I've heard, this is legit). I'd hate it if Kovalev left but from the trade proposals I've heard, they make sense and are very like Gainey. So in the end, I'm going to be left either embracing a Kovalev trade or disagreeing with Gainey. It's a sad day. :(

But I'm almost convinced that the next move would be to let Koivu walk in the offseason (and let's be honest, he probably wants to leave anyway) and we'd be bringing back Lang cheap.

With the type of injury suffered by Lang I would not be too quick to spend money on him. I would make darn sure his achilles tendon has healed. He is not the fastest guy on the ice and this may make him even slower. I like him but not at any cost.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the type of injury suffered by Lang I would not be too quick to spend money on him. I would make darn sure his achilles tendon has healed. He is not the fastest guy on the ice and this may make him even slower. I like him but not at any cost.

That's why I doubt he'll have very high contract demands. Not many teams are going to spend money on a guy his age coming off of that injury.

That's why I doubt he'll have very high contract demands. Not many teams are going to spend money on a guy his age coming off of that injury.

I think Mr Lang has played his last game in the nhl which is too bad cause i really liked him

What makes you think that? I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play next season if his ankle heals well enough. Not like his age was showing on the ice.

If it were an ankle injury, it'd wouldn't be a huge deal. The injury, however, is a torn Achilles tendon. It's a very tough injury to come back from, even for young players. It wasn't that long ago that Achilles injuries were often career enders, regardless of age. He was already on the slow side, and such an injury at his age will only slow him down further. Even with serious knee injuries, guys talk about coming back from surgery stronger than ever. You don't hear that with Achilles injuries. While we can't say for certain, I'd be willing to bet that Chipchura's career has not taken flight largely because of his Achilles injury.

If it were an ankle injury, it'd wouldn't be a huge deal. The injury, however, is a torn Achilles tendon. It's a very tough injury to come back from, even for young players. It wasn't that long ago that Achilles injuries were often career enders, regardless of age. He was already on the slow side, and such an injury at his age will only slow him down further. Even with serious knee injuries, guys talk about coming back from surgery stronger than ever. You don't hear that with Achilles injuries. While we can't say for certain, I'd be willing to bet that Chipchura's career has not taken flight largely because of his Achilles injury.

Well said. Anyone proposing that we just ditch Koivu and bank on Lang is simply not thinking straight. Lang is very high risk; he was already in that danger zone of old age, liable to have his talent evaporate over the summer. Add the injury to this and he is a long shot to come back in anything like his former glory.

Well said. Anyone proposing that we just ditch Koivu and bank on Lang is simply not thinking straight. Lang is very high risk; he was already in that danger zone of old age, liable to have his talent evaporate over the summer. Add the injury to this and he is a long shot to come back in anything like his former glory.

It's tragic, but true. I loved Lang this year, but I really think he's played his last game.

If a Kovy trade brings us another centre, I'd take a cheap, reduced Lang (if he's able to play) over a 4 million dollar Koivu.