Clemmensen sent down

MAK

It's just for cap/waiver reasons. They've already said publicly they are recalling him after the trade deadline.

My concern is how he gets to go down without waivers - he's old enough for waivers, has played enough games for waivers, and the emergency conditions expired months ago. I must be missing something, as everything I have in my player databases suggests he has to go through waivers - and if Mark Bell can be claimed off waivers (NYR picked him up), he certainly can.

Don't feel bad Maca, I have him in a pool too - at least I have other goalies to plug in so it won't be too bad.

My concern is how he gets to go down without waivers - he's old enough for waivers, has played enough games for waivers, and the emergency conditions expired months ago. I must be missing something, as everything I have in my player databases suggests he has to go through waivers - and if Mark Bell can be claimed off waivers (NYR picked him up), he certainly can.

Don't feel bad Maca, I have him in a pool too - at least I have other goalies to plug in so it won't be too bad.

Has was an emergency recall thus doesn't have to be put through waivers to be sent down.

how he gets recalled without having to go through re-entry his behond my knowledge.

Has was an emergency recall thus doesn't have to be put through waivers to be sent down.

how he gets recalled without having to go through re-entry his behond my knowledge.

Emergency conditions apply for 10 games/30 days, not infinitely though (or so I can tell in the CBA). As for re-entry I'm not sure, that's dependant on his AHL contract and I don't have that information available.

It sucks for Clemmer but once Brodeur comes back he wont be playing a single game. Thats Brodeur impression at least. Clemmer deserves some starts though and is a huge reason why the Devils are wher they are.

I think maybe, since he was an emergency call-up he can't be kept on the team without being exposed to waivers. This would mean that in order to keep him from being picked up on waivers when they re-activated Brodeur they were required to return Clemmensen to the AHL.