Lapierre wins the Jacques-Beauchamp Award

JoeLassister

Pierre Maguire even called him the most improved player in the whole league !!!

I totally agree with the choice. Lapierre has been one of the better players this season. In fact, he's probably the only player to have overacheived expectations this year !!!

Pierre Maguire even called him the most improved player in the whole league !!!

I totally agree with the choice. Lapierre has been one of the better players this season. In fact, he's probably the only player to have overacheived expectations this year !!!

I think we can say the same thing about Latendresse. He has 15 goals(1 less than the previous 2 seasons) yet he's played in only 54 games. Had he not been injured, he would have scored 22-25 goals this year!

Edited by Habsfan

I think we can say the same thing about Latendresse. He has 15 goals(1 less than the previous 2 seasons) yet he's played in only 54 games. Had he not been injured, he would have scored 22-25 goals this year!

the way he's been playing this year count him in for 20-25 goals which would still be good for a 22 year old player!!

the way he's been playing this year count him in for 20-25 goals which would still be good for a 22 year old player!!

Exactly. Alot of people wanted to get rid of Latendresse last year. The kid is progressing. It may have been a bit hard for him the first 2 seasons, but he's starting to get hte hang of it in the NHL. He'll be 22 next season and should score over 20 goals. By the time he's 24-25, he'll be a 30 goal powerforward!!

Exactly. Alot of people wanted to get rid of Latendresse last year. The kid is progressing. It may have been a bit hard for him the first 2 seasons, but he's starting to get hte hang of it in the NHL. He'll be 22 next season and should score over 20 goals. By the time he's 24-25, he'll be a 30 goal powerforward!!

not physical enough to be a powerfoward.

not physical enough to be a powerfoward.

trust me, give him some time. He'll grow into that role! He still has baby fat! Wait til he hits 25-2627 years old and gets his "man-weight"...he'll be a tough fellow to knock off his skates!

Edited by Habsfan

trust me, give him some time. He'll grow into that role! He still has baby fat! Wait til he hits 25-2627 years old and gets his "man-weight"...he'll be a tough fellow to knock off his skates!

I know he's strong enough but being physical is not in his personality.Lucic is younger with about the same size but the difference between them is that Lucic LOVES to play a physical...not guillaume.

Lapierre really broke out this year and he was the balls of the team most season while just about everybody else except Markov was either injured or reeking of shit.

PS: Hey marky_and_komi, didnt think there'd be another Gotlib fan in here! :P

Kudos to Lapierre for making himself a real glue guy. :clap: The nice thing about the timing of this award, too, is that is shifts attention away from his awful gaffe last night. Good pyschology, that.

As for Latendresse, he is the most underrated habs in my opinion. He's made huge strides this season and there is no longer any question in my mind that he will grow into an impact forward. People haven't noticed because he plays on a line with the flashier Lapierre. But Laps' game is facilitated by the fact that lats is so damned strong on the puck.

It's just a shame that the only two young guns who improved this year happen to be third-liners (although Lats is propbably destined to be a top-6 guy).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Lapierre really broke out this year and he was the balls of the team most season while just about everybody else except Markov was either injured or reeking of shit.

PS: Hey marky_and_komi, didnt think there'd be another Gotlib fan in here! :P

I love the guy !! I think I enjoy more his work than Gossiny/uderzo...and I'm a huge Asterix fan!!

Kudos to Lapierre for making himself a real glue guy. :clap: The nice thing about the timing of this award, too, is that is shifts attention away from his awful gaffe last night. Good pyschology, that.

As for Latendresse, he is the most underrated habs in my opinion. He's made huge strides this season and there is no longer any question in my mind that he will grow into an impact forward. People haven't noticed because he plays on a line with the flashier Lapierre. But Laps' game is facilitated by the fact that lats is so damned strong on the puck.

It's just a shame that the only two young guns who improved this year happen to be third-liners (although Lats is propbably destined to be a top-6 guy).

Congrats to Laps,

As for Lats, he is only 21 and players just bounce off him, the light bulb is going off in his head, you can see it.

It is easy to search for flaws in players who you see nightly as opposed to a player like John Leclair,

nobody got to rip him because he was in Vermont and emerged in the NHL at 23, when the light bulb fully clicked

he was 25.

Lats is going to be good and he is improving by leaps and bounds.

I love the guy !! I think I enjoy more his work than Gossiny/uderzo...and I'm a huge Asterix fan!!

Hehehe. Gotlib rules. I learned to draw by copying Rubrique-à-Brac. His latest stuff (Raaah Lovely, etc) is awesome too.

Never really liked Uderzo's style, but Franquing was also a big influence.

Back to Laps, gotta give some credit to Carbo for managing to finally get it in Maxim's head that he had to work hard every shift, every game. Ditto for Lats. Since both were healthy scratches in November for 3-4 games in a row, they've been the only real stable line the Habs had. It's no coincidence Gainey kept them together.

What I like most about them is how strong they are on the puck in the offensive zone and along the boards. They can pin down the opposition for 30, 45 secs. That always shifts the momentum a bit and gets the crowd going. Havent seen that in Montreal for a long while.

With Kostopoulos, they sort of remind me of Richer-Skrudland-Lemieux in 86.