April 18th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 2 Thread

Cataclaw

You know this is one of the more pro-gainey posts that I've seen out of you Cucumber...but get real...

A shake up in management is never a bad idea. Gainey is toast unless Habs come out of first round alive...which is highly unlikely now

I'm sorry, but a shake up in management was a TERRIBLE idea in 1995. And it took us 10 years to recover.

If people want the Habs to be run like Harold Ballard's Leafs, that's their business. At the very least Gainey deserves the opportunity to make the adjustments he thinks are required. No one knows this team better than him.

As for the Bruins' rebuild - it's worth noting that the two cornerstones, Chara and Savard, were acquired as UFAs. This is a systematic disadvantage the Habs face.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the guy who plays only when he feels like it? Great leader that is. "I'm not interested tonight, leave me alone *sulk*"

He's a leader in his own way. e.g. tonight's game: he's virtually the only player that's both working hard and having some impact. Koivu and others are trying but their presence is barely being felt. You don't need "leadership" to be a leader.

did bob really rebuild this team???

The Drive to Cost BOB that so many of you on here believe in...his job is what this is turning into

I grew up watching Benoit Brunet, Juha Lind, Christian Laflamme, Patrick Poulin, Sergei Zholtok, etc, etc, etc, etc, and had Jan Bulis as my favourite player. YES, this team has been rebuilt.

And another note on that tangent...how much has adding Kunitz and Guerin helped the Pens!!!

Mustve Been Cap Issues..... :clap: :clap: I LOVE LARAQUE!!! What a FORCE he has been!! His Sportsnet Blogs I am so content with! :)

I've had patience. I've understood what he's been saying. I understand that there is a code. But when Georges is the guy getting into fights and Laraque is barely WATCHING? Enough. Do something you overgrown oaf, or get the frock off the ice. Useless.

:lol:

Maybe now you'll appreciate my short story more.

I'm sorry, but a shake up in management was a TERRIBLE idea in 1995. And it took us 10 years to recover.

If people want the Habs to be run like Harold Ballard's Leafs, that's their business. At the very least Gainey deserves the opportunity to make the adjustments he thinks are required. No one knows this team better than him.

As for the Bruins' rebuild - it's worth noting that the two cornerstones, Chara and Savard, were acquired as UFAs. This is a systematic disadvantage the Habs face.

If you compare this team to the1990's era Leafs....I question your sanity

I never said we were THAT BAD

He's a leader in his own way. e.g. tonight's game: he's virtually the only player that's both working hard and having some impact. Koivu and others are trying but their presence is barely being felt. You don't need "leadership" to be a leader.

I grew up watching Benoit Brunet, Juha Lind, Christian Laflamme, Patrick Poulin, Sergei Zholtok, etc, etc, etc, etc, and had Jan Bulis as my favourite player. YES, this team has been rebuilt.

Maybe that is why you have so much faith in this team. I grew up watching the dynasties of the 70s, the good teams in the 80s, Roy, etc. This team is not as good as people think. Last year, they were not the best in the east. They had the least injuries. They probably should have been around 4th to 6th if the injuries were more evenly distributed.

Gainey has certainly improved this team and I am not calling for his head, but come on, how could you have done worse then the crap team we had. While we have seen improvement, he must address the constant issues of a lack of size, lack of top centers, etc. I give him one more year, but if we have Koivu and Pleks as our top two centers, I will be calling for his head.

Wow, if Lucic does NOT get a suspension for that, I will be livid. At LEAST 3 games. I just can't believe that. The game is OVER. Was he trying to injure Laps? That's exactly what it looks like. Blatant assault. Unacceptable.

No matter how much Lucic was abusing us, I always liked him and wished he had him. But now, I have no respect for him.

Edited by ForumGhost

Anyways...Kovy For Captain Next Season :clap:

Send Saku to Minnesota

Resign Tangs

Let lead feet lang score...wait hes gone and wont see Playoff time.....like I said earlier in the season...Lang only looked outstanding because the team was THAT BAD

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Gainey has certainly improved this team and I am not calling for his head, but come on, how could you have done worse then the crap team we had. While we have seen improvement, he must address the constant issues of a lack of size, lack of top centers, etc. I give him one more year, but if we have Koivu and Pleks as our top two centers, I will be calling for his head.

I said earlier: he's made enough mistakes to warrant a firing - but! - he's the best man for the job! Who's out there that could do a better job than Gainey? Firing him would be horrific! I'd hate it more than the Carbo firing.

If you compare this team to the1990's era Leafs....I question your sanity

I never said we were THAT BAD

No, what I'm saying is that firing Gainey for this season's results would be characteristic of the Ballard Leafs. A dumb decision motivated by short-term hysteria.

Brobin, was it really possible to anticipate that both Kostitysns, Plekanec, Higgins, and Komisarek would all regress massively this season? Also, remember that he added Lang. Not saying this team is as good as those 80s clubs, but come on - it's not as BAD as it now appears, either.

Nonetheless, I agree that the situation at C is unacceptable and if Gainey cannot address it this summer, we will be in deep trouble.

for those of us who aren't watching, can someone update on what Lucic did?

Lapierre was coming to body check him and Lucic cross-checks him in the face. He got 2, 5 and 10.