April 18th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 2 Thread

Cataclaw

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After we're swept, I hope for Claude Julien, that they face the devils, and eliminate them. He seems like a nice enough man. He deserves a chance to get back at the two teams that fired him.

After we're swept, I hope for Claude Julien, that they face the devils, and eliminate them. He seems like a nice enough man. He deserves a chance to get back at the two teams that fired him.

Fck Humpty Dumpty...He might beat us out of this series...but they arent winning the cup :puke:

Btw: Last habs game I was at....carbo chants were LOUD

bob attempted to save his own ass by doing this...and i hope he gets burned next :clap:

They are DEAD fish arising to top of water.

I like that lemme try a rewrite:

They are dead fish, their bloated white bellies bobbing in pond scum...

Relax guys...........

f we win games 3 and 4 at home - and we can, especially with our crowd getting in Thomas' head - we'll see a momentum shift, and we'll be able to steal game 5 in Boston

BELIEVE

Edited by rafikz

No, what I'm saying is that firing Gainey for this season's results would be characteristic of the Ballard Leafs. A dumb decision motivated by short-term hysteria.

Brobin, was it really possible to anticipate that both Kostitysns, Plekanec, Higgins, and Komisarek would all regress massively this season? Also, remember that he added Lang. Not saying this team is as good as those 80s clubs, but come on - it's not as BAD as it now appears, either.

Nonetheless, I agree that the situation at C is unacceptable and if Gainey cannot address it this summer, we will be in deep trouble.

Yes it is possible to anticipate that. when most of your guys are having career years, outside the expectations for them, you should assume many won't be a good the next year. When you see how most of them folded in the playoffs last year, you realize that while they have talent, we need some grit. (not a fighter, some gritty skilled guys). When he added lang, it was because he failed to get a number 1 guy. I didn't mind getting Lang, but why didn't Gainey make adjustments at the deadline when he clearly saw that most guys had regressed and Lang was done for the season.

I also think it was a mistake to leave so many guys unsigned. While people argue that he can now dump them because we see now they suck, that doesn't really wash with me. first, all the uncertainty may well have contributed to the plays bad years. They all got a huge vote of non-confidence. Now, if Gainey really didn't think they were that good so he needed to hold off signing them, then he DID think many would regress. If that is the case, we are back to my first point.. bring in help. ;)

In any case, it will be interesting to see what happens this summer. While I don't think he has to be fired, I do reject the suggestion that there is no better replacement. That is true if the only candidates are ex-french players, but several teams (like Boston) have managed to hire some pretty good GMs. While it is always risky to replace a GM, if they have a good candidate, then go for it.

Relax guys...........

f we win games 3 and 4 at home - and we can, especially with our crowd getting in Thomas' head - we'll see a momentum shift, and we'll be able to steal game 5 in Boston

BELIEVE

Will have to be a lot less passengers for that to happen...too many guys are going through the motions like it's the regular season in October.

I'm convinced this team is going to hand the Ruins a bit of payback for all this bullshit.

Lucic's assault

The obscene one-sided reffing

The hockey gods will enact some hockey karma.. and what goes around will come around. It has to, or this is just shit.

Will have to be a lot less passengers for that to happen...too many guys are going through the motions like it's the regular season in October.

Yes, but those passengers will wake up at home; and then carry the momentum heading into game 5

Yes, but those passengers will wake up at home; and then carry the momentum heading into game 5

They better...or else you'll see me at game 4 with a paper bag on my head. :(

So we have almost 5 minutes of PP time to send a message.. and all we did was reinforce the impression that PPs would not have helped.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I don't think this team can win without Markov.

Wow, the refs were godawful in this one... I don't want to blame them for the loss, but they're certainly contributers.

Ah, well it's not a series until someone loses at home... Back to Montreal for some Ws.