What's your mood now?

KoZed

It's a freaking poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rank your optimism about the next season?

• 5: I've never been this excited before! WOO!
    • 4: Very positive and enthusiastic about the new team
    • 3: Meh, sideways move, nothing to be excited about.
    • 2: Disappointed with the new guys, next season will be worse
    • 1: Depressed with the team, I'd rather be a Leafs/Bruins fan

how long will it take the fans to run gill out of town after inept play???i still think that kovalev stirs the drink. hope they can find a way, but it doesn't look good. still not happy about spacek and gill. o'byrne can do anything that gill can do, for much less.and there is a reason the panthers were so willing to let vanilla martin go .i hope this all works out, but i guess i'll have to hold my breath. like gen. custer, this is gainey's last stand.first regular season games against the leafs and bruins, i believe, will go a long way in showing habs fans what (not) to expect for the year.what's a habfan to do in the heat of south florida???a loooong summer ahead.

I did a quick calculation in another thread.

Last season our average was 31 yrs old. Now it's down to 26 yrs old.

Not on D it ain't . . .

Very disappointed in what I regard as desperation signings, to shift attention from an awful management dogma that has lost us some of our best assets. Let's revisit the Ribeiro disaster -- here's a point-per-game Québecois and we let him go for friggin Niinimaa? And this move was supposed to "improve team spirit"? Well, "team spirit" is apparently still the problem three seasons later, and Ribs is an All-Star. Another colossal screwup is giving our divisional rivals our #7 overall draft pick in Komi. WHY didn't Gainey re-sign Komi a year back? Very possible Komi is the Toronto captain in two years, certain that he's just coming into his prime. Like Ribeiro, we drafted him, developed him, then Bob gave him away before he paid real dividends. Gave him away for nothing. :puke:

Sure the Habs' new owners want some positive press and fan support, so we see this flurry of signings, but aren't we rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic? I voted "Disappointed with the new guys, next season will be worse" because I would never support the leaf or broons, but I would have preferred a "Disappointed by Bob's management, he's wasted five years" option. Hope I'm wrong, hope the new guys have career years and les Freres Titz arrive, and Price becomes all that he can be. But it's a gamble. So my mood is not so good, honestly, only hoping for a miracle.

Ribeiro

The Franchise!

and resign

L'artiste!

Then we can be unstoppable!!!!!

(....for 12 games a year unless you irritate either player...not to be watched while taking heart medication...surcharges will apply...)

Uh-oh, I forgot about Ribs; and a certain someone hating his guts and asking to get rid of him, and Gainey pulling the trigger, thinking it would fix all the team spirit problems, believing that a certain someone was better to do the job than Ribs. Now 3 season later Ribs is a point-per-game player, a certain someone couldnt do the job and is now gone because Bob had to go and spend 8M on a C that could be #1.

Yep, that worked so well.

I'm in a great mood. The turnover of an underaciving, soft lineup that rarely showed up. A defense that was bottom 5 in the league, everyone should be excitied.

I have no idea why people are so negative about the D? If you guys don't think Spacek and Gil aren't better then the collection of Bouillon, Dandy, Komi and Brisbois for the same price, you are nuts. Spacek outscored the entire bunch. He's a better skater then all of them but Dandy. He plays hard and isn't afraid of the cornoers.

As limited as Gil is mobiltiy wise, he will be fine playing on the 3rd pair and killing penaltiers. The Stanley cup champs traded for him to play for them. He can't be all thast bad.

The top line is smaller, but they are way grittier. Tanguay and Kovalev are bigger buit they don't play bigger.

I am happy i don't have to watch the same garbage and drama i've seen for years.

I agree with that's already been expressed here. Any guy you have to send home to think about his commitment to the team, isn't a player that's needed back. I appreciated Kovy's efforts when he showed up, but it's a shame he wasn't able to do it more often though.

Koivu, I'll admit, I was a bit saddened by his release. More so as the person than the player. As a player, his style of play and his age were catching up with him. I definitely won't miss the offensive zone, neutral zone, defensive zone lazy-ass hooking penalties he seemed to take on a consistent basis. I am still a bit concerned how the team looks down the middle. I'll eat crow if needed, but I just don't think Plex is the answer as the 2nd line C. Unfortunately, that's what we're stuck with. Heck, I'd take Lang back (if healthy) as a 2nd line pivot.

I'm optimistic about the players acquired, but I've been burned before. Hopefully Martin will keep them all pointed in the right direction. And as Gainey said, ideally they'll be "durable" as well.

Interesting twist on the Kovalev thing I heard tonight: he was sent home by Gainey.... for his own safety. It was Kovy who went over Carbo's head to Gainey to tell the GM about the Kosty brothers. Both were so enraged, they threatened Kovy. Gainey told Kovy it was wrong to have dealt with it in the manner he did, and so rather than pull the Kosty's out, he pulled out Kovalev. Gainey didn't want a tattletale because that leads to a difficult situation.

Interesting twist on the Kovalev thing I heard tonight: he was sent home by Gainey.... for his own safety. It was Kovy who went over Carbo's head to Gainey to tell the GM about the Kosty brothers. Both were so enraged, they threatened Kovy. Gainey told Kovy it was wrong to have dealt with it in the manner he did, and so rather than pull the Kosty's out, he pulled out Kovalev. Gainey didn't want a tattletale because that leads to a difficult situation.

I would find that incredibly stupid of Gainey if it were true. Kovalev knew that the Kostitsyn's were getting in trouble, and wanted to warn the organization.

What a crock. He sat because someone needed to shake up the team. The more people guess stuff on forums and blogs, it becomes twisted and stated as fact.

My mood would change if something was made to bring in positive veteran leadership.

You know old vets like Zubov, right D, Lang right handed centre, or Shanahan winger.

Zubov to have someone who actually can pass the puck on Markov stick. 5-5 and lead PP second wave.

Lang to stay around the net and create opportunitues on a second power play wave, if a centre

hurts Lang would be there. Slowly but there.

Shanahan for the character, i could have add Chelios oyeah is a right D why not ?

that is so bizarre that it is not worth having in this forum. Stop going to sites like Eklund it will rot your brain.

that is so bizarre that it is not worth having in this forum. Stop going to sites like Eklund it will rot your brain.

That's from a French friend of mine from Montreal.

My mood would change if something was made to bring in positive veteran leadership.

You know old vets like Zubov, right D, Lang right handed centre, or Shanahan winger.

Zubov to have someone who actually can pass the puck on Markov stick. 5-5 and lead PP second wave.

Lang to stay around the net and create opportunitues on a second power play wave, if a centre

hurts Lang would be there. Slowly but there.

Shanahan for the character, i could have add Chelios oyeah is a right D why not ?

I have a better idea. Let's trade all our next draft picks for vets. Seriously, why sign an old vet like Chelios or Zubov when we don't realisticly have a chance for the SC ??? Let's develop a Weber or a Subban instead. No ??

Uh-oh, I forgot about Ribs; and a certain someone hating his guts and asking to get rid of him, and Gainey pulling the trigger, thinking it would fix all the team spirit problems, believing that a certain someone was better to do the job than Ribs. Now 3 season later Ribs is a point-per-game player, a certain someone couldnt do the job and is now gone because Bob had to go and spend 8M on a C that could be #1.

Yep, that worked so well.

uh, koivu did't make ribs a classless little prick. ribs made ribs a classless little prick. gainey's fault for boning the trade, not koivu's...

That's from a French friend of mine from Montreal.

then tell him to quit going to those sites. And you think he knows something cause he's from Montreal? There are lots of guys on this forum from Montreal and they aren't hearing that. Someone is making up bullshoot just to have something to say. the premise is stupid for crying out loud.

uh, koivu did't make ribs a classless little prick. ribs made ribs a classless little prick. gainey's fault for boning the trade, not koivu's...

Hindsite is great. But Bob did not bone that trade, Ribs and saku were fighting for crying out loud. Who do you keep the captain or the classless little prick. Who got his act together after he got chased out of Montreal. Best thing for him. Nobody in the league wanted the little asshole so his trade value was very low. His reputation as a cancer was league wide. We needed a defenceman Bob got what he could. And it wasn't much cause he did not have much to trade. :hlogo:

I have a better idea. Let's trade all our next draft picks for vets. Seriously, why sign an old vet like Chelios or Zubov when we don't realisticly have a chance for the SC ??? Let's develop a Weber or a Subban instead. No ??

Dunno, it was more for leadership and a reassuring presence on and off the ice.

Weber and PK can have one year with Guy Boucher in the AHL, it will not hurt them.

If needed, injuries and stuff they are call ups and if they keep going they are NHL'ers.

And i would not trade any prospects anymore. We will need cheap players in the coming years.