GDT: Montreal vs Carolina

BTH

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McGuire stating the obvious with Cam Ward. Bah, I liuke his insight but sometimes I feel like he's insulting my intelligence and/or talking to the brainless fans who don't understand the game. Of course Ward should be an early and overall concern in this game. He was the last time we played them.

Who knows what is going to happen. Maybe Ward will have a bad 3rd. Maybe Pierre is right and it's the Ward show again. Just don't jump the gun McGuire. There's 53:39 to go right now.

It amazes me how much he creates conversation and I'm guilty. He certainly has the Don Cherry "love me or hate me" technique hammered down. Fans talk about him because they like him and critics talk about him for his faults. Ratings galore! As much as I like him and get frustrated with him during times he does have that skill.

Still, on this night - at this moment - Shat up Pierre about Ward :P

wow.. Cam Ward just robbed us blind.. thought that was in..

Both goalies are putting on a good show.. shame the rest of the habs are sucking.

Ward is extremely underrated.

He always stands on his head against Montreal.

The Headless Horseman could stand on his head against this bunch :angry:

Horrible start. They're just not loose and the opposition is. I'd like to think that making the playoffs will cause the weight to lift, and maybe it will, but I've seen this movie before. It's not like a tap.

If I was Martin, I'd bench Gomez and Pouliot for the rest of the 2nd and a good part of the 3rd. They are not just slumping, they dont even try. On that last Canes goal, Gomez didnt even bother backchecking and just glided toward the neutral zone. Unforgiveable.

I'd play Gio with Laps and Pyatt. At least those two are showing some pulse.

Wow... two games they could have sealed the deal and in both games they look like they would rather be golfing. Even if we sneak in, we will be lucky to be 8th, meaning a quick exit against Washington.

I really don't understand what is wrong with these guys. I can see losing, it happens. I don't get not playing hard.

Put Price in. I'm not suggesting Halak deserves to be pulled but moreso a wake up call. F***!

If we go down 3-0 I wouldn't be surprised.

...again a wake up call pull - not Halak's fault. This is pathetic

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON?????

Can someone explain this to me?

Is this a tired team deliberately attempting to take some nights off while sneaking, back door, into the playoffs?

Is this a divided locker room (again!!!) imploding on itself, like last season, and like 1992 (which our present effort level reminds me of)?

Is this a team suffering from an accumulation of slumps by key players (Gomez, Cammy, Pouliot, Kostitsyn) and lacking confidence and cohesion as a result?

Is this the Jacques Martin syndome - the coach whose teams somehow wilt in the big games?

GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

What gets me is the need to wake them up.. how stupid are they? Are they just hoping that Halak or Price will get them into the playoffs without them breaking a sweat...

The last two games were played by the kind of team that is elite and resting a bit, or a team that is essentially a bunch of losers... I don't think this team is elite.

Put Price in. I'm not suggesting Halak deserves to be pulled but moreso a wake up call. F***!

If we go down 3-0 I wouldn't be surprised.

...again a wake up call pull - not Halak's fault. This is pathetic