Kovalchuk, Frolov to go to KHL?

dlbalr

Such is the scuttlebutt today, apparently Russian sites are reporting both will sign 1 year deals with St. Petersburg on July 1st. The league will amend their salary cap rules to allow them to sign, nice when the president of that team is also league president. Just a little bit of a conflict of interest...An intriguing report nonetheless, especially if you consider that the Habs were after Frolov not all that long ago.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/05/21/ilya-ko...rolov-khl-deal/

It's not the greatest source but I really don't want to dig through the Russian sites to find their reports...

Wow. Huge blow to the NHL if Kovalchuk leaves. I don't see him going, but that much money must certainly be tempting.

Frolov on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if he bailed.

if i were russian, i'd rather play in russia. if i were a true hockey player, i'd rather play the best. only logical that russians arent hockey players. the russians that go back wont be playing the best anymore, if that doesnt bother them, good riddance.

money is equal, thanks to billionaires whose net worth far exceed the NHL's gross revenue for the past 15 years combined. that kind of investment you probably won't find anywhere else.

and russia isnt a shit hole to live in anymore.

let them buy back their stars.