2010-11 General Bulldogs Discussion Thread

dlbalr

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/art...nior-for-delmas

Whatever Delmas' current situation is, he's not going back to Halifax. Gauthier wants him to play pro this year and be ready to play in Hamilton next year.

That's good news, especially with Mayer's recent struggles. It'd be nice if an ECHL goalie went down somewhere which would at least get him playing time in the E.

Also, Ian Schultz was suspended for 2 games for his role in an altercation with Zac Rinaldo on Wednesday. Rinaldo got 1 game if anyone's interested.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be nice if an ECHL goalie went down somewhere which would at least get him playing time in the E.

The ECHL is notorious for "loaning" players. It wouldn't surprise me if Delmas gets sent somewhere there.

The ECHL is notorious for "loaning" players. It wouldn't surprise me if Delmas gets sent somewhere there.

According to Wichita's transactions Delmas has signed another contract on the 22nd with no number of games given. This is interesting because that gives them three goalies.

According to Wichita's transactions Delmas has signed another contract on the 22nd with no number of games given. This is interesting because that gives them three goalies.

To me that would imply a longer deal since the transaction list specifies when there are 5-game deals. Delmas is currently on the 10-day IR though which isn't helping his cause of actually getting playing time.

To me that would imply a longer deal since the transaction list specifies when there are 5-game deals. Delmas is currently on the 10-day IR though which isn't helping his cause of actually getting playing time.

The question I would have is he hurt or just on the list. Maybe he got that chronic hangnail.

On the injury front:

White is out another 4-6 weeks (knee).

Maxwell is out indefinitely (upper body).

Russell is DTD (groin).

Bulldogs are once again just carrying the bare minimum of forwards and only have one forward left in Wheeling (Masse).

On the injury front:

White is out another 4-6 weeks (knee).

Maxwell is out indefinitely (upper body).

Russell is DTD (groin).

Bulldogs are once again just carrying the bare minimum of forwards and only have one forward left in Wheeling (Masse).

They should send them Boyd on a conditioning stint.

They should send them Boyd on a conditioning stint.

Wouldn't need to be a conditioning stint even, he's waiver exempt for another week or so having cleared waivers last month. Of course, there's a big potential drawback to going that route as well.

Wouldn't need to be a conditioning stint even, he's waiver exempt for another week or so having cleared waivers last month. Of course, there's a big potential drawback to going that route as well.

Wouldn't he be eligible for re-entry waivers?

That indeed would be the drawback I was referring to.

Nobody wanted him 2 weeks ago, what are you worried about? I don't think we got a lot of depth at the NHL level either. With White and Maxwell both out, that center position is plenty thin in the area of NHL ready.

Nobody wanted him 2 weeks ago, what are you worried about? I don't think we got a lot of depth at the NHL level either. With White and Maxwell both out, that center position is plenty thin in the area of NHL ready.

If you send Boyd down now (an outright assignment), he's basically stuck for the year, injuries or not. I find that in itself is a drawback as he's basically useless to the Habs for the rest of the season. On a conditioning stint, you don't have to worry about re-entry waivers, though you don't get cap savings.

If the Dogs find themselves desperate for players, they can always sign some kid from the ECHL on a PTO contract. They have done this in the past when injuries ran wild through the team.

If the Dogs find themselves desperate for players, they can always sign some kid from the ECHL on a PTO contract. They have done this in the past when injuries ran wild through the team.

Yeah, it's just that the Habs have a player that could use some game action. I'm kind of blown away by the fact that he hasn't had to be used yet. He's probably the only person in the Habs organization hoping for a losing streak. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Interesting enough Delmas shows up on last nights gamesheet (Wichita), though just a backup. Masse was not in the wheeling line-up.

Did the Habs send Boyd down to Hamilton for a conditioning stint.I know he had to clear waivers to go down.He is tearing the league up since he went down.I hope that he doesn't have to clear rentry waivers to come back up.If he does he will probably be gone.

Did the Habs send Boyd down to Hamilton for a conditioning stint.I know he had to clear waivers to go down.He is tearing the league up since he went down.I hope that he doesn't have to clear rentry waivers to come back up.If he does he will probably be gone.

Nope, not for a conditioning stint. Otherwise, they wouldn't have had to waive him. He does, however, have to clear re-entry waivers.

Here's my listing of each players' waiver situation if you're interested: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2211

Did you say Wheeling? Would he be their fourth or fifth goalie?

I did indeed say Wheeling (as did the link). As you noted with their injury situation, I'm guessing he'll be there for a bit until their regulars are back...then it'll be back to Wichita.