GDT: Montreal vs Washington, Dec. 28

dlbalr

Wow, that was pathetic. They are really start to stink up the joint. As soon as the other team scores i can just turn off the game. The habs players simply quit.

The are the softest team i have seen in a long time. They won't even battle for the puck.

Dumb penalties: Check

No offense: Check:

Pathetic defense: Check

Plenty of turnovers: Check

I don't know if they tuned JM out or they just don't care.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad someone already brought up Plex play in this thread. He doesn't look like the good ol' Plex at all these days.

I think this is probably a key to the team's slide. Plek and Price were holding the whole team on their shoulders. Now Plek's production is quiet and Price is playing good, instead of unbelieveable and down you go.

I wouldn't touch that line with a TFP. I would say this, If we go 0 for Florida, you can safely put Martin and Gomez on the Endangered Species list.

I wouldn't. Gomez isn't going anywhere, they won't pay him to play in Hamilton. As for Martin, fire him and replace him with...Bob Hartley? Not a lot of midseason options out there, especially considering the language criterion the Habs insist on.

I wouldn't. Gomez isn't going anywhere, they won't pay him to play in Hamilton. As for Martin, fire him and replace him with...Bob Hartley? Not a lot of midseason options out there, especially considering the language criterion the Habs insist on.

I am aware how you Dlbair feel about Gomez and his situation. My point is if we don't get something done in Florida there is going to be a huge outcry for some heads. I think the Mendosa Line might be if we fall into ninth spot. Two loses in Florida would put us plenty close. We have seen it before, no one is safe if the fans speak out, no matter what their situation.

I am aware how you Dlbair feel about Gomez and his situation. My point is if we don't get something done in Florida there is going to be a huge outcry for some heads. I think the Mendosa Line might be if we fall into ninth spot. Two loses in Florida would put us plenty close. We have seen it before, no one is safe if the fans speak out, no matter what their situation.

The fans don't control player movement though, they can call for Gomez to be traded, waived, run over by a pack of reindeer, doesn't mean it'll happen. I agree that there will be an outcry, but an outcry alone doesn't change anything - just look at the recent goings on with Subban. No one in the organization is flinching at the mostly bad press that's generating.

It would be ridiculous to fire JM because of one slump.

Gomez has a groin injury, so his current play should not be taken as representative; and furthermore, as we've discussed before around here, even if you could somehow trade Gomez, there's no point in moving him unless you have a quality offensive C to replace him. 'Get rid of X and Y!' is seldom sensible hockey advice.

PG has made his move. Let's allow Wiz to get comfortable and grant a few games for his impact to be fully felt before we panic.

It would be ridiculous to fire JM because of one slump.

Gomez has a groin injury, so his current play should not be taken as representative; and furthermore, as we've discussed before around here, even if you could somehow trade Gomez, there's no point in moving him unless you have a quality offensive C to replace him. 'Get rid of X and Y!' is seldom sensible hockey advice.

PG has made his move. Let's allow Wiz to get comfortable and grant a few games for his impact to be fully felt before we panic.

How about we just go out and win a game or two in Florida!