GDT: Montreal vs Tampa Bay, Dec. 30

dlbalr

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big players are not playing for this team right now. Gionta, Gomez, Cammy, Kostitsyn have all not shown up on a regular basis. Martin for some reason doesn't give Pouliot the chances he deserves. Something's gotta give for this team to turn it around. Lapierre continues to do nothing out there. Pyatt does more than him but he's the one who is scratched.

Price has been average as of late. Could it be that he is becoming tired? Thats a definite possibility. I understand wanting to play your guy every night but sometimes that is a bit too much. Give him a break once in a while. They are putting too much pressure back on the kid. If he plays on the top of his game, the Habs may get a win. If he has an average or bad game, its an automatic loss for this team. It shouldn't be that way. The Habs should be able to score enough goals to be able to support him.

Everyone is saying that Martin deserves to be canned. Well that may be the case, is there a coach out there who can turn this thing around?

I'm just a frustrated Habs fan right now who is left disappointed after many of their games. Even if we do win, I'm still disappointed that it was Price and Price only who got them the victory. Oh how I wish it was last year when we had a actual good record on our big road trip of the year.

It's not about us not being able to maintain the play from the start of the year. At the start of the year, Price was unreal and the team fed off that. When your goalie is standing on his head, it brings a swagger to the rest of the team. The main guy that was igniting the offense was Pleks. You can't expect Pleks to kill all the penalties (considering the amount of stupid penalties these team takes), play against the top lines AND lead the offense.

Martin's free passes to Cammy, Gomez, Spacek, Hammer and Gill haven't helped instill any discipline to this team and I think I've beaten to death his handling of the kids and his targets like AK46.

Eller is a mess, Pouliot is a mess and Martin is doing everything possible to mess up Subban. Martin HAS to go. He NEEDED to go last summer, but it was shortsighted to keep him then and the longer he stays the more he messes up our kids. I'd rather send these kids to Hamilton, just to protect them from this friggin old fart of a dinasour! :angry:

Why does everybody cry when the sky is falling down in Montreal on this forum? it seriously enrages me. Especially when the team goes into a minor skid and people call for the coaches head every time. Why don't you guys look at the stats before commenting. The irresponsible penalties are what's been killing the team over the road trip..it's the PLAYER, not the coach. If anything, why not call for BG's head instead for signing two players that fart dust out there for such a valuable amount of cap space? (Spacek *3.5/Hammer *5.5 ). :clap:

What about Desjardins? 27 saves tonight... :) In all seriousness, congrats to him, though I wish it would've come against a different team.

27 saves, but the habs really didn't really test him. As I said earlier, great move by Boucher to play him tonight. He had something to prove against the habs.

Also why I thought it was dumb move by Martin not to play Subban against the Isles, given his relationship with Tavares. Coaches should know these things. We let the one who knows how to motivate his players get away and kept the fat fat useless fart, who should never have hired to begin with!

The reason is the coach, JM, banks on the team getting the first goal, if not this team loses (look at the record when they give up the first goal), after the first goal they go into this boring, passive style of hockey. When they give up the first goal...they go into this boring, passive style of hockey. When the habs are going well they are forechecking, causing the other team to create mistakes, this is a coaching thing. Do you know how much pressure the Montreal goalies must be under knowing that if they give up 2 goals..they are going to lose, that is not much leeway. This team as said above does not have the horses for this style of hockey, they should be playing a forechecking, aggressive, posession style of hockey.

Also why I thought it was dumb move by Martin not to play Subban against the Isles, given his relationship with Tavares. Coaches should know these things. We let the one who knows how to motivate his players get away and kept the fat fat useless fart, who should never have hired to begin with!

Sorry, but I don't buy that argument. Players have friendships with opponents on every team in the league. You're in the NHL, you shouldn't need to derive extra motivation by facing off against a player that you were teammates with for 3 weeks for 2 years. Tom Pyatt played in the WJC's as well, should he be in every time he plays against a member of his junior squad? I get that you want him in, but that's not a good hockey reason (and there are other arguments that can be made without using this). If Subban needs that type of motivation, he won't be successful in this league.

And my attempt at a 3-Stars is up, with my own rant for the evening: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2328

Why does everybody cry when the sky is falling down in Montreal on this forum? it seriously enrages me. Especially when the team goes into a minor skid and people call for the coaches head every time. Why don't you guys look at the stats before commenting. The irresponsible penalties are what's been killing the team over the road trip..it's the PLAYER, not the coach. If anything, why not call for BG's head instead for signing two players that fart dust out there for such a valuable amount of cap space? (Spacek *3.5/Hammer *5.5 ). :clap:

Hey I was complaining about the both signings - particularly the over 35, 3 year deal for Spacek. I also said that since they can't move Hamrlik, they should eat his salary in the minors and sign another damn for the ridiculous $5.5M he is getting.

I also said DURING last year's playoffs, i didn't care how far the habs go, I don't want Martin back. I hated the hiring and was VERY vocal about it and this is not a minor skid. At best this is a .500 team IF their goalie doesn't stand on his head.

Who's fault is it for the irresponsible penalties??? When Spacek, Hamrlik, Gomez, Cammy, Gill take STUPID, LAZY penalties without ANY accountability and then benches the kids for the same thing, what kind of message does that send to the team??? IF our so called leaders take stupid and lazy penalties and the coach doesn't call them out and doesn't deal with the issue head on, who's fault is it?????

Who's fault is it for trying to install a system that this team isn't built to play??? I won't even bother getting started on JM's handling of Subban again.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Sorry, but I don't buy that argument. Players have friendships with opponents on every team in the league. You're in the NHL, you shouldn't need to derive extra motivation by facing off against a player that you were teammates with for 3 weeks for 2 years. Tom Pyatt played in the WJC's as well, should he be in every time he plays against a member of his junior squad? I get that you want him in, but that's not a good hockey reason (and there are other arguments that can be made without using this). If Subban needs that type of motivation, he won't be successful in this league.

And my attempt at a 3-Stars is up, with my own rant for the evening: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2328

There's a difference. Subban was struggling, it was an oppertunity to motivate a guy who is supposed to become the stud dman for this team for the next decade.

There's a difference. Subban was struggling, it was an oppertunity to motivate a guy who is supposed to become the stud dman for this team for the next decade.

He's sitting. Should he need more motivation than that to work hard to get back in the lineup? Saying hi to a buddy shouldn't be that extra bit of motivation. If anything, the fact Martin didn't play him that game should serve as that extra push.

Speaking of Subban, he had a good game tonight, one of the few bright spots, hopefully this is the start of a turnaround for him.

I never played hockey at any competitive level, can someone tell me, the team style that dictated by the coach right?

Like when players forecheck thats a mandate directly from JM or one of the assistants correct?

Hey I was complaining about the both signings - particularly the over 35, 3 year deal for Spacek. I also said that since they can't move Hamrlik, they should eat his salary in the minors and sign another damn for the ridiculous $5.5M he is getting.

I also said DURING last year's playoffs, i didn't care how far the habs go, I don't want Martin back. I hated the hiring and was VERY vocal about it and this is not a minor skid. At best this is a .500 team IF their goalie doesn't stand on his head.

Ok...i agree on the first part. But the second one...that's a very hasty generalization

I find that I'm a much more cheerful and optimistic fan when we're blowing everyone away. :rolleyes:

So this is why they play the games.

It will be very interesting to see what develops in da future.

Go Habs Go.