GDT: HABS vs PENS Mar 12 2:00 PM Puck Drop

kenadian

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early game today. I dont have a good feeling about this one.

Habs Projected Line-up

(13)Cammalleri - (14)Plekanec - (57)Halpern

(57)Pouliot - (11)Gomez - (21)Gionta

(46)Kostitsyn - (81)Eller - (32)Moen

(94)Pyatt - (58)Desharnais - (53)White

(75)Gill - (76)Subban

(44)Hamrlik - (20)Wisniewski

(68)Weber - (22)Mara

(31)Price

going to be tough watching the CBC Pittsburgh love in today. I sure hope Cooke shows some class today. I live in Stirling where he grew up.. he hurts one of our players and I am going to do something rude to his name on the way into town....

Yes - great play by Cammy and Pleks!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

One thing I have noticed lately is that PK, despite being one of our better Offensive D, is being used as our top Defensive D. He is getting all the PK time, late in game times, matchups, etc. Limited role on the PP.

While this naturally limits his point production, I never would have thought he would be playing this role this year. You can't teach is offensive abilities, but you can teach the defensive game. This is a very very very good sign for our future. What made Markov so good vs other offensive D was his defensive capabilities were just as good!

One thing I have noticed lately is that PK, despite being one of our better Offensive D, is being used as our top Defensive D. He is getting all the PK time, late in game times, matchups, etc. Limited role on the PP.

While this naturally limits his point production, I never would have thought he would be playing this role this year. You can't teach is offensive abilities, but you can teach the defensive game. This is a very very very good sign for our future. What made Markov so good vs other offensive D was his defensive capabilities were just as good!

I think its great he is becoming a better defensive Dman and is doing a great job on the PK, but I don't like him not being on the first PP unit. It doesn't make any sense not to have our most offensively creative dman not out there on the first PP unit.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

I don't get it.. all the too many men penalties we get.. the pens just had the guy going off deflect the puck to the guy coming on.. no call.

I would like to see him there too, and we might if we ever get a PP. With Pacs out, the need Pleks down low again.

I think its great he is becoming a better defensive Dman and is doing a great job on the PK, but I don't like him not being on the first PP unit. It doesn't make any sense not to have our most offensively creative dman not out there on the first PP unit.

I don't get it.. all the too many men penalties we get.. the pens just had the guy going off deflect the puck to the guy coming on.. no call.

I would like to see him there too, and we might if we ever get a PP. With Pacs out, the need Pleks down low again.

Yep, didn't get the missed too many men call either.

I also don't get why Subban isn't out when the Pleks line is out. I'd really like to see him out more with the number line. I know Martin is trying to match the D pairings based on the oppositions lineup, but I'd rather be aggressive and and make it harder for the opposition to defend against our top guys.

Man, Cammy's timing is really off. Everyone complains about Ak46, but Cammy really lacks the finish we saw last year.

Yep, didn't get the missed too many men call either.

I also don't get why Subban isn't out when the Pleks line is out. I'd really like to see him out more with the number line. I know Martin is trying to match the D pairings based on the oppositions lineup, but I'd rather be aggressive and and make it harder for the opposition to defend against our top guys.

Man, Cammy's timing is really off. Everyone complains about Ak46, but Cammy really lacks the finish we saw last year.

The Pen didn't actually play the puck; it just went off his skate unintentionally. That's not a penalty.

Good road period for the Habs, but I'd like to see a little more drive. They seemed to be sitting back a bit after that first goal (so all period lol).

The Pen didn't actually play the puck; it just went off his skate unintentionally. That's not a penalty.

Good road period for the Habs, but I'd like to see a little more drive. They seemed to be sitting back a bit after that first goal (so all period lol).

Thought it was a decent period. Price bailed them out a couple times, but overall their transition game is solid and they are working hard along the boards.

We have been penalized with no one touching the puck, just both guys on the ice in front of the bench. The puck went off his skate right to the guy coming on. both were 5 to 10 feet from the bench... that is definitely too many men.

On a side note, I have seen about 15 rub out plays in this game by both sides.. I have yet to see one that looks like what chara did, even on the regular glass. They are all shoulder to shoulder, not shoves from behind, with the arms, pushing the head into the glass. I still content that Chara would not have hit him at all if they were along the normal glass. :)