Patches inked: 2yrs, $3.25M

huzer

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/pacioretty-signs-for-two-years

The Canadiens have signed forward Max Pacioretty to a two-year contract. It’s for $1.5 million this coming season and $1.75 million in 2012-13.

Seems like a good dollar amount to me!

Very good price indeed. He didn't even get Pleks/Higgins/Komi money on his post-entry level contract. I think they were 1.4 + 1.9, 2 year deals. I might be wrong about Pleks, but i think that's what he got.

Another nice signing for Gauthier and seems a perfect salary for Pacioretty. Hopefully Markov gets done very soon? And also would love to Jagr get signed, to Detroit or any other team but the Habs.

Very good price indeed. He didn't even get Pleks/Higgins/Komi money on his post-entry level contract. I think they were 1.4 + 1.9, 2 year deals. I might be wrong about Pleks, but i think that's what he got.

Good to see a reasonable deal. Patches is a prime example of what contenders need - young players playing WAY above their salary level. See Price, Carey, and Subban, P.K.. Let's just hope Patches can continue to bring that massive energy and boundless self-confidence. If he does, we (gasp!) have a top-6 power forward on our hands. And cheap.

Good to see a reasonable deal. Patches is a prime example of what contenders need - young players playing WAY above their salary level. See Price, Carey, and Subban, P.K.. Let's just hope Patches can continue to bring that massive energy and boundless self-confidence. If he does, we (gasp!) have a top-6 power forward on our hands. And cheap.

(did you just feel that you had to *specify* Price and Subban's first name on this board ?)

It's called a 'rhetorical flourish,' dammit!

thanks man. Just learned a new concept (rhetorical flourish), let alone two new english words...

This is a sensible contract for a pretty good kid. Just heard an interview with him today on NHL Satelitte radio. Really looking forward to see how he plays next year. Hopefully he will become the sniping power forward we've been missing.

Talk is cheap, but I love this kind of stuff:

"Watching the playoffs I know how important it is to have a forward like me and I think going into my injury I had a little bit of a hot streak going and I found a way to get to the front of the net," Pacioretty said. "I think that really makes a difference, especially in the playoffs. You look at the guys that are successful, they're the ones who are battling in front of the net. I want to be that type of player for Montreal for many years."

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110621/mtl_habshub_habit2_110620/20110621/?hub=MontrealSports

There's nothing about that paragraph I don't like :halm:

Talk is cheap, but I love this kind of stuff:

"Watching the playoffs I know how important it is to have a forward like me and I think going into my injury I had a little bit of a hot streak going and I found a way to get to the front of the net," Pacioretty said. "I think that really makes a difference, especially in the playoffs. You look at the guys that are successful, they're the ones who are battling in front of the net. I want to be that type of player for Montreal for many years."

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110621/mtl_habshub_habit2_110620/20110621/?hub=MontrealSports

There's nothing about that paragraph I don't like :halm:

Yes. Watching the playoffs! We never want him watching the playoffs again!! :D