Training Camp Thread

dlbalr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Prime Minister,may I have some more sir,please?

What about his bowel movements? Are they regular?

from what Ican imagine the borch(sp?) did not pass but lucky for us there Marchand has offered to be an ice house tobe dumped on anytime he is around :D

Got a hold of roster today. I don't like Trotters chances of sticking on big club. Looks like he has gain zero body mass in Europe. unless he has gained elite skills in Europe he isn;t going to make it. Darche looks trimmer. Conboy needs to beef up if he is to be a pugulist. Maybe a Moen type. I think he has got this year, then they will have make a decision on him. Just come off of inside out, apparently they really like trotters speed. What do I know?

Walsh technically can't play in the pre-season games anyways, he'd lose his NCAA eligibility. Dietz is the youngest prospect in the Habs system (first player Habs have drafted that wasn't alive when the Habs last won a Cup). Brodeur I guess they didn't think the ECHL was a good spot for him, send him back to the Q for one final season. Gusse was just there to give them a full compliment of goalies for the scrimmages.

Spacek showed up to camp noticeably trimmer, after a summer of extensive workouts and a better diet. If he can keep away from getting injured, we could see his best season as a Habs.

I'm going out on a limb here:

76 GP - 4+ goals - 20+ assists - 25-30 points.

Spacek showed up to camp noticeably trimmer, after a summer of extensive workouts and a better diet. If he can keep away from getting injured, we could see his best season as a Habs.

I'm going out on a limb here:

76 GP - 4+ goals - 20+ assists - 25-30 points.

He looked a lot more faster and mobile on the ice on his 1st preseason game. Plus he rocketed some shots, hurting a few Sabres. He'll be a solid/steady element on our D this year. Less pressure on Yemelin now.

He looked a lot more faster and mobile on the ice on his 1st preseason game. Plus he rocketed some shots, hurting a few Sabres. He'll be a solid/steady element on our D this year. Less pressure on Yemelin now.

His conditioning Does look better. I have been saying for two years that we should not write him off until he has a chance to play on his natural side. Now is his chance. I expect he will look good. If nothing else he will make you laugh in his media scrums. Spacek is hilareous.

His conditioning Does look better. I have been saying for two years that we should not write him off until he has a chance to play on his natural side. Now is his chance. I expect he will look good. If nothing else he will make you laugh in his media scrums. Spacek is hilareous.

Didn't see the game, but it's good to hear that. I remember when we played the Sabres a few years ago, Spacek was always a threat against us and when we signed him, I was more than happy. Then, I was wondering where the good ol' Spacek was hidden... Good to see that he might actually be back this season.

A rejuvenated Spacek will make a big difference to our bottom-pairing options on a blueline that has me somewhat worried over its lack of proven, quality depth. There's the usual excitement over junior-age players who may never amount to a hill of beans, but this is the bit of news from camp that's really promising if you ask me.

Four more cuts announced last night on Canadiens site- Tinordi to London, Trotter, Berger and Lefebvre. I also read on a blog that Desimone had been sent to Hamilton which would make sense that nothing would be announced until he was under contract. I can't confirm that. It is interesting to note however that Bulldogs camp starts today in Broussard which is aways from Hamilton. Desimone has been signed to a one year/ 2 way deal per HF Boards this morning.

Don't we all. Apparently the Desimone signing is an AHL deal, which should leave us still with one spot on the fifty contract count.

Two spots. I keep track of it in the second post of the cap/CBA thread. (Laraque's buyout doesn't count against the 50-limit if that's what your difference is...) Also, Olivier Dame-Malka's contract is an AHL one.

Two spots. I keep track of it in the second post of the cap/CBA thread. (Laraque's buyout doesn't count against the 50-limit if that's what your difference is...) Also, Olivier Dame-Malka's contract is an AHL one.

Good for you. I was going to ask you about that but never got around to it. I was expecting an off season that is usually quite predictable. What a whirlwind off-season. I guess the number of injuries has thrown a wrench into everything. i read an article today that a number of players were given the day off and by the end of the day all ended up as Dogs. The exception was Blunden. I am wondering if something different is happening here. Is he in purgatory?

Good for you. I was going to ask you about that but never got around to it. I was expecting an off season that is usually quite predictable. What a whirlwind off-season. I guess the number of injuries has thrown a wrench into everything. i read an article today that a number of players were given the day off and by the end of the day all ended up as Dogs. The exeption was Blunden. I am wondering if something different is happening here. Is he in pergatory?

I don't think he's in purgatory at all. There are, by my count, 5 forwards vying for 2-3 spots to start the season (the 13th F spot plus injuries to White/Eller). Blunden is among them (as are Bournival, Gallagher, Engqvist, and Palushaj...and perhaps Weber). I think he just got an off day as he's played a lot lately.

I don't think he's in purgatory at all. There are, by my count, 5 forwards vying for 2-3 spots to start the season (the 13th F spot plus injuries to White/Eller). Blunden is among them (as are Bournival, Gallagher, Engqvist, and Palushaj...and perhaps Weber). I think he just got an off day as he's played a lot lately.

I'd pencil in Blunden in White's spot (White won't be healthy for the first few games). Neither Bournival or Gallagher should be on the team.

3 more cuts today as Willsie, Lawson, and St. Denis were all sent down after clearing waivers. Henry waived today which means he's going down tomorrow prior to the game (or elsewhere if he's claimed which I don't expect will happen). I also saw a note saying that Leblanc looks good skating with the Bulldogs (who are practicing at the Habs' complex as well), that bodes well for him being able to play sooner than later...and get off Montreal's salary cap in the process.

3 more cuts today as Willsie, Lawson, and St. Denis were all sent down after clearing waivers. Henry waived today which means he's going down tomorrow prior to the game (or elsewhere if he's claimed which I don't expect will happen). I also saw a note saying that Leblanc looks good skating with the Bulldogs (who are practicing at the Habs' complex as well), that bodes well for him being able to play sooner than later...and get off Montreal's salary cap in the process.

Anyone else expected to be sent down before tomorrow's game?

Or anyone soon to be uninjured that can finally be cut?