Brock Trotter

bizmoDDO

If there is no risk of losing him, I'd rather er recall Trotter over Palushaj while Cammy is out and make sure darche and Moen remain on the 4th line.

If there is no risk of losing him, I'd rather er recall Trotter over Palushaj while Cammy is out and make sure darche and Moen remain on the 4th line.

They have to be careful how they do it though. In order to be exempt from waivers going back, it needs to be an emergency situation. As it stands, the Habs have 12 forwards so they're not in that spot right now.

Even if not, he'd still be exempt as he doesn't hit any of the criteria to qualify with a higher salary.

The only reason he is exempt from re-entry waivers is his 105,000$ AHL salary, not eligible for the minor league veteran rule.

Palush had 2 points in his only AHL game... and was the better player by far in training camp and preseason. He earned first callup status.

The way the injuries are going, if he continues to play well he'll get his shot.

Palushaj won the first shot just because it came so close to training camp.

Hopefully Cammy returns sometime this week, and Palush goes back down..... and our next callup isn't needed for a bit.

At that point it will be whoever is doing best in the AHL between Palush, Trotter, Leblanc, Dumont, etc...

with our current team needs.. trotter should be called up only if pulashaj gets sent down! even then he'd get saddled on the fourth rather then get a nice stint in cammalleri's spot for the next 1 1/2 weeks. i think martin is gonna give pulashaj a shot at some point on that line before cammi returns... if he doesn't it really would be bad asset management

with our current team needs.. trotter should be called up only if pulashaj gets sent down! even then he'd get saddled on the fourth rather then get a nice stint in cammalleri's spot for the next 1 1/2 weeks. i think martin is gonna give pulashaj a shot at some point on that line before cammi returns... if he doesn't it really would be bad asset management

Cammy might be back thursday, and the team scored 5 goals last game. I don't think Palush is gonna get a chance in the top 9 to be honest.

I really like how Palush has played though, but he has very limited icetime and noone to pass to on the fourth.... but even with that said, Moen is producing points right now, so how do you switch him with the rookie?

well... i guess thinking/ hoping/ expecting is to much to ask in a no brainer for pulashaj to play on a scoring line during a short injury, made total sense. with that said, knowing Martin... those 2 goals by Moen just bought him like 3 months on that line even with cammalerri's return!LOL

None of the GM's in the league feel that way. Had they did, he'd have been claimed off waivers a few weeks ago.

In all fairness, most of the rosters are chaulked full of borderline NHL prospects. Gm's are more likely to not risk their own and probably looking for something with more defensive acumen when they are backfilling their rosters. I think Gm's have to weigh the risk of carrying questionable cargo. Let me put it this way, Trotter is still a project and most clubs don't try to carry too many projects in any given year.

Jason Pominville passed through waivers in 2005-06. 30 GM's can be wrong.

Yeah, it does happen from time to time (Daniel Briere is another case). But, Pominville had a very good track record in the AHL. Trotter's had one above average season, not exactly qualifying for 'track record' status. I suppose my frustration is with those that claim to know he'll be an NHL'er when in his professional career (now in its 5th season), he hasn't done a whole lot to warrant being more than an injury call up. Considering he'll be 25 in a few months, he appears to be more on the Duncan Milroy development curve than anything. Late bloomers can happen (the Bulldogs have one of those guys on defence), but he needs to completely retool his game to make it to the next level as more than a short-term injury fill-in.

Yeah, it does happen from time to time (Daniel Briere is another case). But, Pominville had a very good track record in the AHL. Trotter's had one above average season, not exactly qualifying for 'track record' status. I suppose my frustration is with those that claim to know he'll be an NHL'er when in his professional career (now in its 5th season), he hasn't done a whole lot to warrant being more than an injury call up. Considering he'll be 25 in a few months, he appears to be more on the Duncan Milroy development curve than anything. Late bloomers can happen (the Bulldogs have one of those guys on defence), but he needs to completely retool his game to make it to the next level as more than a short-term injury fill-in.

I am a Trotter fan and hope he succeeds. I think we all like to see the underdog succeed, and I am only saying that not based on his talented, but based on the circulous route he has got here. I really like when we obtain an asset that is successful, from an out-of-the-box scenerio. Having said that, I have probably captured pretty well the thinking of most GM's on the subject.

Its all about Trotter continuing to play well and he'll get a shot with the habs this season. He has to make the most of that opportunity when it does come (like desharnais did last year). At the end of the day its up to him.

Its all about Trotter continuing to play well and he'll get a shot with the habs this season. He has to make the most of that opportunity when it does come (like desharnais did last year). At the end of the day its up to him.

Who thinks that if he makes it up to the nhl and proves himself that he will get traded?

SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE !!! 3.5m comes off the books with andrei kostitsyn being a UFA at the end of this season. and another 1.5 with moen being ufa

Man there are going to be some long arguments about AK at the end of this year :P haha

Man there are going to be some long arguments about AK at the end of this year :P haha

I'd take AK46 over Cole any day and would have preferred we had locked up AK46 for 4 years then give Cole ; years at his age.