Andrei Kostitsyn traded to Nashville

dlbalr

Which Montreal has absolutely no danger of?

I could see Montreal going the Flyers way. Finishing last seed one year and rebound like they did the draft they picked JVR.

What's wrong ? Duh, almost losing your franchise cuz your arena is empty cuz you offer a damn shitty product to your fans for YEARS !

You make a good point Joe. Pens were moving to KC. Chicago had no local TV. The Islanders are a joke, you should see the arena. I hope this works. And what's that fantasy pick? Another Russian teenager.

Soooo we have a Forsberg to trade and a Richards and Carter in the minors?

Well Forsberg was traded to the Preds

and I am sure there are some drinking buddies in the minors

Or if you are looking for WJC teammates Gallagher and Bournival

Well... Can't really say that Upshall-Parent-Blum-DeSimone helped them THAT much...

No we don't have the firepower of Carter and Richards, but we're growing up a pretty good dmen squad in the minors in Beaulieu and Tinordi, let alone the possible blossom of Gallagher.

Pretty solid return for a UFA to be. No way we could have get a 1st. AK can spend the next month in his brother's apart and he can always sign back with us next summer. Not sure why we would submit an offer though..

My question is: wasn't the 2012 draft supposed to be the good one? I'm reading that 2013 is gonna be better.

People are down on the depth of 2012 because its had more injuries than any draft ever

No we have Price subban and patch.

Carter and richards played 62 and 59 games in 07

Richards had 79 in 06, Carter 81

both were sophomores in the tank year

No we have Price subban and patch.Carter and richards played 62 and 59 games in 07Richards had 79 in 06, Carter 81both were sophomores in the tank year

Fair enough, and I think a healthy Markov could put Montreal on top of the Northeast. But that doesn't mean they are on their way to being a Cup Final competitor.

People just need to understand there was a ton more about the Philly one year turnaround. It all depends on whether you think Montreal has the talent to do it. I think it all depends on when Beaulieu and Tinordi are coming into their sophomore season.

You make a good point Joe. Pens were moving to KC. Chicago had no local TV. The Islanders are a joke, you should see the arena. I hope this works. And what's that fantasy pick? Another Russian teenager.

Chicago had no local tv cause old man wirtz blacked out the games for 25+ years

• Upvote 1

Chicago had no local tv cause old man wirtz blacked out the games for 25+ years

2002-2003 : 79 pts 9th in the West, out of playoffs

2003-2004 : 59 pts 15th in the West, out of playoffs

2004-2005 : lockout

2005-2006 : 65 pts 14th in the West, out of playoffs

2006-2007 : 71 pts 13th in the West, out of playoffs

Out of playoffs again 2007-2088 but pretty close to make it

I would have black out the games myself...

Bit of a let-down after the excellent return for Gill. Of course, if I were gearing up for a playoff run, I absolutely would place more value on Gill than on Kostitsyn. In that sense, we probably should have been prepared for a comparatively modest return. It's like the Cammy deal, though - because we don't trust Gauthier, we're always going to be left wondering, first, whether we could have packaged Kosty as part of a wider deal to land a big piece, and two, whether we could have gotten more straight up.

2002-2003 : 79 pts  9th in the West,   out of playoffs

2003-2004 : 59 pts  15th in the West, out of playoffs

2005-2006 : 65 pts  14th in the West, out of playoffs

2006-2007 : 71 pts  13th in the West, out of playoffs

home games blacked out for good teams too like 80s/90s

I'm worried about hab29. How's he going to handle this news? I hope he's not in a high-rise. I hope no sharp objects are close by.

HA! :clap:

What was the thinking behind that ? He was crazy or what ?

Believe it or not, the thinking was that if fans could see the games for free on TV, they would not go the arena.

Similar to the logic pro boxing followed when it moved from network TV to pay per view. We know how that turned out.

Just goes to show, nothing does more damage than a bad owner. Right, Geoff Molson?

Who cares if AK blossoms for a Western Conference team?

I've seen enough of this 27 year old who has played under 4 different coaches to know that it would never happen in Montreal. Keep in mind even if he scores 30 in a new city, that's not what we gave up. We gave up the 20 he might have scored as a Hab.

I'm kinda with you on this. Would I have been happy if we'd signed him to a three year deal? Uhh.. No.

I can hardly blame anyone for losing excitement over an 82 game season....sheeeesshh... and no money is NOT a big motivator past a certain point, and what would I pay to have AK46 on MY team. Not a great deal.

So , good deal. Most deals are 'good' unless one of the other managers is dozing pretty badly. And its a lot of guesswork.

Go Habs GO!

I am really disapointed that Kostitsyn could not get signed here. This team just got worse. We all know what kind of player Kosty is, but I always liked him and I would MUCH rather pay him 3.5 than Bourque from what I have seen. Bourque can check but that's about it. It seems very strange to me that nobody ever gets signed mid season. With Gorges PG said publicly that his signing was an extension of summer negotiations based on his knee and the risks associated with it. I didn't expect much more for Kostitsyn, but I thought it would have brought a prospect as well.

I hate tanking. I can't get excited about our 7 picks in the top rounds. Blecch.

2002-2003 : 79 pts 9th in the West, out of playoffs

2003-2004 : 59 pts 15th in the West, out of playoffs

2005-2006 : 65 pts 14th in the West, out of playoffs

2006-2007 : 71 pts 13th in the West, out of playoffs

HAHAHHAHA!

I am really disapointed that Kostitsyn could not get signed here. This team just got worse. We all know what kind of player Kosty is, but I always liked him and I would MUCH rather pay him 3.5 than Bourque from what I have seen. Bourque can check but that's about it. It seems very strange to me that nobody ever gets signed mid season. With Gorges PG said publicly that his signing was an extension of summer negotiations based on his knee and the risks associated with it. I didn't expect much more for Kostitsyn, but I thought it would have brought a prospect as well.

I hate tanking. I can't get excited about our 7 picks in the top rounds. Blecch.

Tanking is a loathesome thing. A couple more years like this from AK, and I'd have been mad at not trading him. This is his big money year and look how he played. I like him more than dislike him, but I'm not wiping away the tears.