Leafs vs. Habs, Toronto Sports Network Edition

Fail for Nail is suspended for tonight...

Nice goal.. screw the leafs

Nice fight.. I don't mind a goon, shame we didn't have him for the games with the Bruins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oooops!! backfired.....and we were absolutely dominated. just a realist folks & the reality is we are one of the worst teams in the league, will bounce back if Carey can rebound with a massive season next year. Gauthier must go, bring in Saint Patrick as coach and GM!! Geoffrion looked incredible Saturday night!

Pleks hasn't really had the best of wingers this year either. Must be tough for him.

I can't see anyone being able to make anything happen with White and Geoffrion.

Things like that make me wonder if Cunnyworth is on board for a tank or if he's just the dumbest coach in the NHL.

I can't see anyone being able to make anything happen with White and Geoffrion.

Things like that make me wonder if Cunnyworth is on board for a tank or if he's just the dumbest coach in the NHL.

Unless Cunney breaks up the 2 and a half men line there are no wingers to put with Plek. Gionta is hurt and Bourque sucks.

Unless Cunney breaks up the 2 and a half men line there are no wingers to put with Plek. Gionta is hurt and Bourque sucks.

Which I think he should. The lines should be assembled in pairs.

Patches and DD with:

Plek and Cole with:

Eller and Bourque with:

Then all you have to do is flip and switch until something clicks.

However, if our fight is tank, having all of the guns on one line for a team to shut down is the best way to go. Since Cunny is an awful head coach.

He's always been a pussy. He has never been a clean hitter, his hits are generally borderline dirty. This is why I blow a gasket when the Cammy trade happened. The flames had been trying to move him for 2-3 months prior to the deal. Sutter really liked him, do maybe dumping him to LA is a possibility, but I can't see anyone wanting him for 4 years.

Bourque is so frustrating. For a big body he doesn't hit. Did the suspensions turn him into a pussy?

I kind of agree about Bourque but am reserving judgement for the rest of this year. He seems to be a guy who plays with emotion and it would be difficult to reach a high level of intensity with the season down the toilet. I know these guys are pros, but even a 2-3% drop in intensity could make all the difference. After all it's not just Bourque who's not playing well.

(null)

He's always been a pussy.  He has never been a clean hitter, his hits are generally borderline dirty.  This is why I blow a gasket when the Cammy trade happened.  The flames had been trying to move him for 2-3 months prior to the deal.  Sutter really liked him, do maybe dumping him to LA is a possibility, but I can't see anyone wanting him for 4 years.

Even if he's a bit dirty he'd be doing something. Now he's doing nothing.

I kind of agree about Bourque but am reserving judgement for the rest of this year. He seems to be a guy who plays with emotion and it would be difficult to reach a high level of intensity with the season down the toilet. I know these guys are pros, but even a 2-3% drop in intensity could make all the difference. After all it's not just Bourque who's not playing well.

(null)

I'm also concerned he only has 5 assists all season (including Calgary).

The issue with the intensity discussion is that Bourque has always had been proclaimed a lazy player.  Him being lazy in Calgary and now in Montreal has less to do with how the team doing and more to do with who Rene is.

Exactly

The issue with the intensity discussion is that Bourque has always had been proclaimed a lazy player. Him being lazy in Calgary and now in Montreal has less to do with how the team doing and more to do with who Rene is.

I agree, but I would add that Montreal's collective failures are magnifying his laziness and general streakiness. I think we'll see a better (albeit still frustrating) Bourque next year.