Wheeling Nailers/ECHL General Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Thankfully Hartzell is still with WBS or he could still be stuck in a timeshare situation even with how well he has played lately. Let's see if he can keep it up and really force Montreal's hand.

Was said Condon had another 'stellar' performance in 4th game and they sweep, giving up 4 goals in series.

And he went 8-0 in April.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd to boot. That game actually delayed my HW Recap, everything else was ready but I had to wait for this one to end (since there's a blurb about this series in there).

I found this interesting, Jason Missiaen, a former Montreal pick, is in net for Greenville in this series. So far he has the upper hand.

They blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd to boot. That game actually delayed my HW Recap, everything else was ready but I had to wait for this one to end (since there's a blurb about this series in there).

I found this interesting, Jason Missiaen, a former Montreal pick, is in net for Greenville in this series. So far he has the upper hand.

Yes I remember them drafting and not signing the giant.

Good for him, to be doing well.

Condon had a big game for Wheeling. He made 45 saves on 47 shots in a 3-2 win. Apparently they played 1:12 without the clock actually moving which made for some tense moments.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wheeling's season is about to start and at the moment there are no contracted players to the Canadiens on the team. However, there are a couple of players signed to the Bulldogs down there in David Makowski and Franky Palazzese. They've also added quite a few players who were at training camp with either the Habs or Hamilton - Derek Army, Justin Baker, Shane Bakker, and Stefano Momesso.

The league also added 7 new teams the other day as they merged with the Central League. I'm intrigued to see how this all works out.

Wheeling's season is about to start and at the moment there are no contracted players to the Canadiens on the team. However, there are a couple of players signed to the Bulldogs down there in David Makowski and Franky Palazzese. They've also added quite a few players who were at training camp with either the Habs or Hamilton - Derek Army, Justin Baker, Shane Bakker, and Stefano Momesso.

The league also added 7 new teams the other day as they merged with the Central League. I'm intrigued to see how this all works out.

Frankie played half the game in a win. Don't know if he got pulled or that was the plan or injury? Makowski played. Army and Momesso had multiple point nights.

A couple more players that spent time at Montreal and Hamilton's training camps have signed as Riley Brace and Zach Yuen inked contracts. So too did Joseph Quattrocchi, the goalie that's related to Timmins that attended a whack of development camps in the past.

A couple more players that spent time at Montreal and Hamilton's training camps have signed as Riley Brace and Zach Yuen inked contracts. So too did Joseph Quattrocchi, the goalie that's related to Timmins that attended a whack of development camps in the past.

i think that J Baker that was in lineup last night (defense) was the same fellow that was at our rookie camp?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morgan Ellis has been sent to Wheeling. I've been expecting that to happen for weeks now, there's little point in keeping him as the #8 defenceman when everyone's there/healthy.

I think he was -3 in the loss last night---maybe just playing out string---- See more of Dr Hyde from Frankie Poo--- not good

I think he was -3 in the loss last night---maybe just playing out string---- See more of Dr Hyde from Frankie Poo--- not good

I think this is his last year with the team, he's quickly heading towards not getting tendered a QO. Depending on the D situation in Hamilton (is Tinordi going to be there for a while or just short-term?), I could see them trying to trade Ellis for another underachiever, much like Quailer for Czarnik last year.

I think this is his last year with the team, he's quickly heading towards not getting tendered a QO. Depending on the D situation in Hamilton (is Tinordi going to be there for a while or just short-term?), I could see them trying to trade Ellis for another underachiever, much like Quailer for Czarnik last year.

Agreed-- but you usually don't get much back.

• 3 weeks later...

Former Hab prospect Sebastian Collberg has been sent to NYI's ECHL team. He has just one goal and one assist in ten AHL games this year (he also missed time with an injury).

Morgan Ellis is starting to come around. After going pointless and -3 in his first three games, he has five assists and an even rating in his last five contests.