2012-13 NHL Regular Season Thread

dlbalr

Mathieu Darche will not sign with the Devils. It seems as if he was asked to wait longer (they're still keeping Stefan Matteau, their 1st rounder, up) and after a month of skating with the team regularly, he has decided to give up on signing with them.

Also, Manny Malhotra will be shut down for the rest of the season over concerns with his eye injury sustained back in March of 2011. If they're ending his year this early, it can't be good.

Speaking of not good (for them at least), the Sens officially confirmed today that Karlsson is done for the year.

I wonder if Philly finally had enough of losing after that poor effort against the Habs on Saturday. They pounded the Islanders 7-0 today, yikes.

Palushaj picked up his second goal of the year (in his 4th game) for the Avs, he's getting a good chance to prove his worth with all of their injuries.

Rangers fans are sick of Brad Richards already and they still have one more compliance buyout.

Brad Richards could become the richest player in NHL history if that happened since you know he'd get paid again on the UFA.

Ridiculous. I'd take Richards (tho maybe not his salary) in a heartbeat. I consider him one of the smartest players in the league.

Long Island might fire Capuano, so maybe Ruff doesn't move far.

I can't see that happening even though record wise it would make perfect sense. The Islanders are too cheap to fire a coach midseason let alone hire one with credentials.

Lindy Ruff has been fired as coach of the Sabres. The Habs had 8 different coaches (two who had two stints) during his tenure. I get the sense he won't be unemployed for long (unless he chooses to take some time off).

I wonder if this a precursor to Reiger's exit? And who's available? Burkie. Cross border rivalary between Burkie and Nonis sounds like a story to me.

Under the head-scratching category, Rick DiPietro has been told he'll be waived today by the Islanders. I'm not sure what they're hoping to accomplish here. They have to know he won't be claimed, are they actually going to pay him to play in Bridgeport?

Under the head-scratching category, Rick DiPietro has been told he'll be waived today by the Islanders. I'm not sure what they're hoping to accomplish here. They have to know he won't be claimed, are they actually going to pay him to play in Bridgeport?

I would hate to be a Islanders fan... they always seem to come up in this head-scratching category

• Upvote 1

Ryane Clowe is in some trouble with the league, he has been offered an in-person hearing with the league for coming off the bench to start an altercation. Normally that would carry an automatic 10 game suspension but it doesn't appear he'll get that as it's not as 'cut and dry' as the rule was designed for.

Not a great clip but that's all I could find:

The newly proposed re-alignment would see the Habs placed in an 8-team division instead of a 7-team one (same goes for any team in the Eastern timezone). The 5 teams in the Northeast would still be together, joined by Tampa Bay and Carolina (like before) plus Detroit. 4 Original Six teams in the same division/conference (whatever they call it), that'd be something.

The newly proposed re-alignment would see the Habs placed in an 8-team division instead of a 7-team one (same goes for any team in the Eastern timezone). The 5 teams in the Northeast would still be together, joined by Tampa Bay and Carolina (like before) plus Detroit. 4 Original Six teams in the same division/conference (whatever they call it), that'd be something.

Conference 2 is just so weird... and Conference 1 can practically bus around in-conference.

It just doesn't look all that great to me.

Northeast Division is so stupid.

All just because you can't possibly break up the precious Atlantic Division which has the least amount of travel for any team.

Put the Rangers and Islanders with the Northeast and put Tampa and Florida with the Atlantic. Or give this whole thing up and go back to random divisions (like when the Kings were in the same division as the Canadiens).

Northeast Division is so stupid.

All just because you can't possibly break up the precious Atlantic Division which has the least amount of travel for any team.

Put the Rangers and Islanders with the Northeast and put Tampa and Florida with the Atlantic. Or give this whole thing up and go back to random divisions (like when the Kings were in the same division as the Canadiens).

Florida and Tampa have a hard time enough to sell out their arena even with the Habs home games. Give them a break.

That being said, move the Panthers out of Florida ASAP.