Komi placed on waivers...

ForumGhost

No we can't. There are no re-entry waivers, so the team that picks him up will be on the hook for the full salary.

don't forget that the Laughing Stock of the NHL (leafs) could take back some salary to get rid of him. He did play well with Markov, or maybe Markov just made him look good. It's intriguing

I've got it, give them Kaberle take Komi. Doesnt work out buy him out. Do you think they would?

Hey, I like the idea of trading Kaberle for Komi. LIke you said, he did play his best hockey beside Markov.

I think the fact that Komi kept his game simple(when he was playing next to Markov) is what made him a good d-man. For a period of about 3 years, he was always at the top of the NHL for shots blocked and hits.

In any case, I think this is useless, i seriously doubt Bergevin will make any move to get Komi. His time in Montreal is over.

Kaberle and Komi are both disasters defensively.

Kaberle can pass the puck, Komi can't... and Kaberle is 250K cheaper.

No trade.

His cap hit is cheaper but the Habs are so far under the cap this year that it wouldn't matter. However, Komisarek's salary is cheaper which would be more beneficial in a buyout scenario (it would cost Molson less to buy him out, the cap effect would obviously be the same - zero). I'm not saying I'd advocate it but there is a scenario where I could see the Habs thinking he's the lesser of two evils. I doubt it'd happen though.

I posed this Komi - Kaberle question near the beginning of the season and it was unanimously shot down here by Habs fans.

I posed the same question to my Maple Leafs fan coworkers and they also unanimously farted on the proposal.

This proposal has been shot down from so many different people, it has PTSD.

Komi has played 1 game for the Marlies, then he hasn't played in the next 2 games.. Dunno why.

Probably the AHL veteran rule. Every team can only dress 6 skaters with more than 260 games of pro experience, the Marlies generally have more than that and thus are forced to use a rotation of sorts.

Probably the AHL veteran rule. Every team can only dress 6 skaters with more than 260 games of pro experience, the Marlies generally have more than that and thus are forced to use a rotation of sorts.

THanks for the rule info Brian, I'm learning every day because of you!

Hahahaha. So Komi can't even play full-time for the Marlies? This is getting better and better.

To be honest, even if he could, I don't think they would. If he gets hurt, they can't buy him out, it's the same situation that the Habs tried to pull with Gomez (and appear to be pulling with Kaberle now). He might play the odd game here and there (they had to have promised him a few games for him to waive his NMC) but that will be it.