Habs toughness questioned once again?

HabsHeaven

Habs claimed Jeff Helpern(No Physical Presence) and with that, this mean Ryan White will be the odd man out once again(No TOUGHNESS) with Prust being injured and most likely wont play against the Bruins. Who Will step up for the habs that night ? Penguins acquire douglas murray and also Brendon Morrow, with Murray, he leads his team in hits while Morrow bring another key element of scoring and a bit of grit. Who will land in a Habs uniform by April 3rd, toughness wise is what I want...what are your thoughts ?

I think we'd really need a FW who can crash a bit, given Bourque's status. Who that could be I don't know, but some strange part of me still thinks it'd be good to see :nuts: Guillaume Fatendresse in the bottom-6 (I wanted him signed in the summer as a bottom-6er who could be a big body presence on the PP in a pinch). Of course, you can't pay much for a guy like that who is UFA, and Ottawa may want to keep him regardless. Throw a 5th rounder at 'em and see. Another off-the-wall suggestion is Shane O'Brien. You can never have too many defencemn, I always kinda liked his bad-assed attitude, and he seems to have matured in Colorado? Just spitballing.

I think the ship has sailed. The move the Habs needed to make was to either retain Brad Staubitz or sign someone like Zenon Konopka in the off season. They could get a pure goon like Pierre-Cedric Labrie for a 5th or 6th round pick, but I don't see any benefit of having him or Scott or Matt Kassian in the playoffs. What's very concerning to me is the lack of "truculence" from Emelin and Subban this season. These guys don't grow on trees. There's Prust, Lucic, Chris Stewart, Clowe, Zach Kassian for top 9 forwards that can fight and contribute. And we already have one of them. Maybe we can get Zack Rinaldo from Philly?

Ideally an all around guy like Clowe/Prust. Those guys are pricy so I guess we will aim for the lesser type e.g. Torres/Talbot

I'm all in for Raffi Torres. He crosses the line, but he's a third line wrecking ball, Talbot would be great also. I think a 2nd and Louis Leblanc would be enough to land Clowe. He is a UFA after this year.

I think the ship has sailed. The move the Habs needed to make was to either retain Brad Staubitz or sign someone like Zenon Konopka in the off season. They could get a pure goon like Pierre-Cedric Labrie for a 5th or 6th round pick, but I don't see any benefit of having him or Scott or Matt Kassian in the playoffs. What's very concerning to me is the lack of "truculence" from Emelin and Subban this season. These guys don't grow on trees. There's Prust, Lucic, Chris Stewart, Clowe, Zach Kassian for top 9 forwards that can fight and contribute. And we already have one of them. Maybe we can get Zack Rinaldo from Philly?

I think that teams like Pittsburgh are getting bigger and more tougher, with Ketang Out that is a great acquirement and the habs...yess Chris Stewart would be great !!!!

Ideally an all around guy like Clowe/Prust. Those guys are pricy so I guess we will aim for the lesser type e.g. Torres/Talbot

Clowe... according to The Stats Guy on twitter "Clowe: 0 goals, -10 in last 31 games (including playoffs) Hot commodity at this seasons trade deadline?"

Clowe... according to The Stats Guy on twitter "Clowe: 0 goals, -10 in last 31 games (including playoffs) Hot commodity at this seasons trade deadline?"

low production + UFA at the end of the year.. he may be cheaper than other playing his style. However, it has been rumoured that he is playing with an injury.

That would be one butt ugly trade.

I'd they can't sign him it is. Now that Desh and Bouillon are locked up, the "French quota " has been met. I don't think Louis Leblanc can crack the lineup, especially with our cap space. I would rather give him a shot on another team. The guy was drafted four years ago, the floor is moving under him, new class of prospects every year are coming in.

Habs claimed Jeff Helpern(No Physical Presence) and with that, this mean Ryan White will be the odd man out once again(No TOUGHNESS) with Prust being injured and most likely wont play against the Bruins. Who Will step up for the habs that night ? Penguins acquire douglas murray and also Brendon Morrow, with Murray, he leads his team in hits while Morrow bring another key element of scoring and a bit of grit. Who will land in a Habs uniform by April 3rd, toughness wise is what I want...what are your thoughts ?

The Habs are winning because they have a great balance going. It's great that Prust, Emelin, Subban, Patches, Gallagher, Eller, etc can play a physical game, but it really is not the focus of winning teams. Just because Boston is the exception to the rule does not make them the rule.

I would much rather have the PK and faceoff skills of Halpern on the ice, plus his veteran presence, than White, given the boneheaded play he's shown us this season.

The toughness of the Habs is not in question, nor is their ability to compete with the elite teams this season.

Pitts and Boston are legitimate cup contenders who need to win now. We are wild cards just rebuilding. We should not sell tomorrow for today.

Good point Louis Leblanc is still young can't really base anything on what he did this year.

Pitts and Boston are legitimate cup contenders who need to win now. We are wild cards just rebuilding. We should not sell tomorrow for today.

I agree we are more a wild card then a real contender this year. But we as fans think that it is "the Cup or nothing". However for ownership/management, each playoff round represent big bucks. The SCF is just one more round.. If trading Bournival helps the Habs play an extra round, the return on investment is there. I also agree it's good to have a balance between now and tomorrow, but I believe a team has to make a push for it one day. I'd understand if Bergevin is careful and wants to wait 2-3 years before making a real push. The Rookies will be more experienced - and past that dreaded sophomore year-, Price will likely be at his prime, Subban in his contract year, Plekanec still not too old, etc

I agree we are more a wild card then a real contender this year. But we as fans think that it is "the Cup or nothing". However for ownership/management, each playoff round represent big bucks. The SCF is just one more round.. If trading Bournival helps the Habs play an extra round, the return on investment is there. I also agree it's good to have a balance between now and tomorrow, but I believe a team has to make a push for it one day. I'd understand if Bergevin is careful and wants to wait 2-3 years before making a real push. The Rookies will be more experienced - and past that dreaded sophomore year-, Price will likely be at his prime, Subban in his contract year, Plekanec still not too old, etc

Maybe we can trade back him for purse snatcher O'Byrne, and solve all the problems here.

Good point Louis Leblanc is still young can't really base anything on what he did this year.

I think Leblanc is done with the Habs. No room for him at centre and not sure he can play the wing. He becomes redundant with guys like Dumont now in the lineup. Trade him as part of a package to get a more physical bottom six forward. Habs need to get tougher, no question.

MB said this last summer which is why he went out and grabbed Prust and Armstrong to play with Moen, Bourque and White. Well... Prust, Bourque and White are all hurt, Moen doesn't really hit and Armstrong doesn't scare anyone. Either MB goes shopping for a gritty forward or he stands pat and prays the injured players come back for the playoffs.

If Montreal plays Ottawa in the first round, it'll be physical. If the Habs win a round or two - they'll be finished off once they face a tougher team like Pittsburgh or Boston.

LeBlanc is ahead of Dumont on the depth chart I believe. Correct me if I am wrong on this but wouldn't we lose him on waivers if we brought him up this year? Leblanc last year was better than Dumont this year. We won't be giving up our youth for a rental or at least that is my hope.. Too much talent in the pipe line to blow your load now. If anything I see late rounder for grit or maybe Weber, who I thought was going to be moved last year.

LeBlanc is ahead of Dumont on the depth chart I believe. Correct me if I am wrong on this but wouldn't we lose him on waivers if we brought him up this year? Leblanc last year was better than Dumont this year. We won't be giving up our youth for a rental or at least that is my hope.. Too much talent in the pipe line to blow your load now. If anything I see late rounder for grit or maybe Weber, who I thought was going to be moved last year.

There's no more re-entry (or recall) waivers in this CBA. Leblanc is waiver exempt this year and next.

Cool! His production seems down this year with the Dogs. Bad year, development hiccup or just crap team with no coaching direction? If it was the Vees I could tell you but no chance of seeing a game here.

So waivers going down only? I like that a lot better.

Cool! His production seems down this year with the Dogs. Bad year, development hiccup or just crap team with no coaching direction? If it was the Vees I could tell you but no chance of seeing a game here.

So waivers going down only? I like that a lot better.

A little from column A, a little from column B...and in my opinion, a little of column C as well. He was hurt early on, hasn't played well since returning, and the coaches have used AHL'ers over him on the depth chart at times for reasons unknown.

So you think he's done because you haven't watched him play on the wing in the last two years?

I think he's done because he doesn't fit with the current roster. If he can't crack the top 9, then why keep him? At some point, Habs need to figure who fits their system and who doesn't. They can't keep all the bodies they have in Hamilton and if Leblance can be traded for a piece they do need (toughness) then I'm all for it.

I think he's done because he doesn't fit with the current roster. If he can't crack the top 9, then why keep him? At some point, Habs need to figure who fits their system and who doesn't. They can't keep all the bodies they have in Hamilton and if Leblance can be traded for a piece they do need (toughness) then I'm all for it.

Leblanc took a bad injury and has a coach who seems to be burying him. There's more details than what you read on the surface.

The attitude you have about him is why Montreal has such a reputation of eating their young. Leblanc is a 2009 draft pick. Quite young still. Next year at 100% he could be exactly what our team needs. Right handed winger with good IQ.

You didn't know he was a winger and you seem to want him traded just because he hasn't played this season. Me starting to think you just didn't like the draft pick.

How long ago was Kadri drafted?? He was reprtedly goung to part if a package for luongo before the lockout. how would that deal have looked. Ow.

The habs have done a crap job developing players when called up - maxpac didn't even want to be up in Montreal, based on the way Martin was using him.

We thoroughly made a mess of Weber. Leblanc has battled injuries, and unless we can get a decent player in return, I don't want to just give him away, without a real look at a healthy Leblanc. Hell, after 5 games this year a lot if people here were ready to give up on Eller and wanted to dump him. He's been one if our best players for the past couple of weeks. I'd be willing to move Leblanc for Clowe, if Clowe was just in a slump. But if he is playing injured as reported, I want nothing to do with him - particularly a shoulder injury which take time to heal.

I'd they can't sign him it is. Now that Desh and Bouillon are locked up, the "French quota " has been met. I don't think Louis Leblanc can crack the lineup, especially with our cap space. I would rather give him a shot on another team. The guy was drafted four years ago, the floor is moving under him, new class of prospects every year are coming in.

Rinaldo - seriously??? Are you sure you aren't a closet bruins or flyers fan? ;)