Mar. 30, Rangers vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

According to Don Cherry, the Habs didn't have a guy like Moen to stick up for his teammates and fight a guy like Campbell like he did in the last Habs/Bruins game, "and that's what they needed."

He's only been with the Habs for 4 seasons now, but yeah that's what they needed...

I noticed that too...I also noticed he didn't mention a certain Bruin running from Markov...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on Beaulieu so far? He certainly is confident with the puck although he made a couple of potentially costly mistakes in his own end in the 1st. He has 10:56 TOI through 2.

Shots are 25-17 New York but a lot of those have been from the outside. Price has looked good on the prime chances though which is a nice bounceback after getting pulled vs Boston.

Couple of thoughts...

Chucky misses the net too much.. Its like he thinks he needs the perfect shot just off the post or something...

Pacs just doesn't look hungry... Earlier in the season he wasn't scoring but it was just not going in for him. Now he doesn't seem to even be creating chances.. He really looks slow and soft... I am not sure what is up with him but He needs to wake up and work on his game.

This Rangers team is shooting blanks. They lost a lot of character when they got rid of Prust, Dubinsky, then Rupp during the season. They got to the conference finals, and they were in 1st place last year, sometimes when it isn't broke, don't fix it. But don't be like Peter Chiarelli, who hasn't filled the hole that Michael Ryder left two years ago, or made any major changes because they won the Cup.

Thoughts on Beaulieu so far? He certainly is confident with the puck although he made a couple of potentially costly mistakes in his own end in the 1st. He has 10:56 TOI through 2.

Shots are 25-17 New York but a lot of those have been from the outside. Price has looked good on the prime chances though which is a nice bounceback after getting pulled vs Boston.

I think he looks really good offensively, he has the vision and creativity, you can tell. But he really needs to work on his positioning. He's really jittery tonight, but Saturday night at the Bell Centre isn't the easiest venue to play your first NHL game.

I think he looks really good offensively, he has the vision and creativity, you can tell. But he really needs to work on his positioning. He's really jittery tonight, but Saturday night at the Bell Centre isn't the easiest venue to play your first NHL game.

Agreed. I don't expect he'll stay up past the trade deadline.

Dammit Cassie, don't say the 'S' word!

It took this long to realize we have a 30-goal scoring Power Forward, a 20 goal scoring defenseman that is great in his own end, and a top 5 goaltender. That is 3 pieces any team in the NHL would like to have. If we can get us a pure goal scorer on the RW, there's no reason to think with our depth we can't repeat this performance for a few years to come. This team would be scarey with a 40-goal scorer on the RW with Patches and DD.

Nash is good, Patches is just as good offensively, behind in physicality but you can see Patches experiment with the puck at times, like Nash does.

I can see Ryder being resigned if they can find numbers and term that's respectable under the cap.

From his performance this year, I could see it as well, but he will be looking for 4-5 years at $5m as his retirement contract.

I think one of the most amazing things to me about this season so far is the fact that Gallagher is sparkling and he's probably doesn't have half the skill that Galchenyuk has.

Chucky misses the net too much.. Its like he thinks he needs the perfect shot just off the post or something...

I get that sense as well, I noticed it again tonight. Instead of aiming for the top corner (and missing), I'd say he needs to aim for the crest. The natural movement that his shot seems to have will take it top corner.

Great game. Subban picks up 3 points, Price the shutout and Gallegher continues to make a case for the Calder.

Beaulieau should enough to get a few more games. Strangely enough, Subban didn't crack the 20 minute mark.

I think Torts is probably going to be walking the plank pretty soon.

Great game... Extending our lead on Boston.

After tonight's game, hopefully the Sens will be hungier for their game against the Bruins.

Looking at the stats, I really like that everything was well balanced. On defence, Markov led the way but only played 22 minutes (Subban didn't even play 20). Up front, every forward played at least 11. The past few games saw the top players getting leaned on an awful lot, this should help get them a bit of rest.

Speaking of the stats, the Rangers had 42 hits tonight...boy, it sure didn't seem that way. Halpern led the team with 17 faceoffs taken (11 wins out of those for 65%), he had a good game against the team that let him walk for free.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/ES020512.HTM

Subban is now tied with Suter in points in 5 fewer games, is only a point back of Letang in the same number of games (and Subban doesn't pass to Crosby and Malkin).

He also leads all defensemen in goals.

Keep it up, he's got the Norris.

Quite the masturbatory Leafs segment going on right now on the CBC...

I had to try real hard to keep myself from puking.