Philadelphia at Montreal | October 5th, 2013 | 1900

lazy26

Three cheers to the fans for booing Vinny! :lol:

I thought we started slow but picked it up as things went along. Eller looks terrific out there. The impotent power play has to be worrying, though. In the first place, if Diaz can't help us there, what the hell is he doing on the team? More importantly, I find myself wondering about #79...not only is he cumbersome defensively, but he doesn't seem to be making offensive plays with his usual confidence and panache. Presumably he's just settling in and will return to last year's form, but if he doesn't, we're in big trouble.

I don't know what PK's minutes were...but I don't see him out there enough for my liking. This impression stands to be corrected, though, if he did play major minutes.

Subban played 9 minutes, as did Markov. I think that is plenty.

Now you know that Dave Bolland is the next Doug Gilmour. You wouldn't have thought of that on your own...(since it's nuts to think that...).

Don't be surprised to see the Flyers running at White a few more times. If memory serves me right, his suspension from last year stemmed from an incident vs Philly.

Bournival doesn't appear to have the trust of the coaches, he played under 2 minutes in the 1st. Subban and Markov were both over 9 to lead the team.

Yes was an awkward play by in the Flyers end.

Guy was falling and White didn't let up.

Takeaway from that period is that my boy loves the Habs. :) His favourite last year was Michael Ryder and this year he seems very excited when he sees Brendan Gallagher.

Second takeaway is that the PP is too static for me. Add to that Markov's (thus far) early season blah's at both ends of the ice (where are the wicked back-breaking passes on the PP?) and I'm mildly concerned. I think he has it in him to find his game, hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Also, much better period as a defensive unit. I felt they were more a team in their own zone.

Oh, and sucks to be Lecavalier in Montreal. LOL

Puck bouncing around and Diaz back to the box.

Takeaway from that period is that my boy loves the Habs. :) His favourite last year was Michael Ryder and this year he seems very excited when he sees Brendan Gallagher.

Second takeaway is that the PP is too static for me. Add to that Markov's (thus far) early season blah's at both ends of the ice (where are the wicked back-breaking passes on the PP?) and I'm mildly concerned. I think he has it in him to find his game, hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Also, much better period as a defensive unit. I felt they were more a team in their own zone.

Oh, and sucks to be Lecavalier in Montreal. LOL

I hope he has a lot of Family at the game.

(He said tentatively:) Markov looks better so far. Couple of nice passes and a couple of good wins down low.

In other news, Eller out with a (to quote the Cucumber) catastrophic injury. At least, since it's early season Montreal, I'm going to assume that.

Okay. So. To be clear...

When Eller is IN the lineup, he doesn't play the PP and neither does his line. But when he's out for whatever reason, Desharnais (!!) gets his spot and Gal(l)y squared gets PP time.

Huh?

Sitting with my boy watching at least the first period with him. I love hockey so much more with him around.

THIS is what it's all about!

Oh, and when HNIC started, I went to my iTunes and played the REAL theme song. Explained that THAT'S the way it's supposed to be.

Go Habs Go.

Colin, which theme song do you mean? The original HNIC song that CBC had for many years, or something better by Annakin Slayd? :-)

Colin, which theme song do you mean? The original HNIC song that CBC had for many years, or something better by Annakin Slayd? :-)

Original HNIC song... the one they played ever Saturday night since long before I was born!

PK has not done much so far this season... No big hits, no big offence, it's early, but he needs to get it going.

I know it is early, but still...

Don't worry about him.

He will be your favourite player for sure.

I thought so last season and I believe that it is becoming obvious this year: Lars Eller is our best man, by far, at center. Too bad Therrien has not noticed yet.

I think he sees what's happening. I also think Therrien is working hard to give EGG all the confidence in the world to grow. At some point soon, though, the training wheels will come off and EGG will see much better competition and then we'll really see just how good they are. Remember, the two sophomore's still have to get better and better in their own end.

It is frustrating, though, because you'd think they'd get more PP time at least. Problem with that is that there's two lines ostensibly higher in the depth chart that also need to get going and need that PP time to make their breaks. I suspect around game 15, though, that there'll be a few changes in ice time if things continue on this early season trend.