Philadelphia at Montreal | October 5th, 2013 | 1900

lazy26

DD and Plekanec aren't good on face-offs.

Oh, they're both terrible, but Plex is *constantly* tossed out. Which, I suspect, is good for us, because whoever comes in probably wins more often than him!

That 4th goal was very nice! Eller got the 2nd assist and he wasn't on the ice when the goal was scored due to a line change. That's pretty rare, as I can't remember the last time I've seen that.

Eller, baby. I remember two years ago...I couldn't figure him out. Was he a future 60-point C, rangy, strong and skilled? Or Jan Bulis?

So much for that. It's a beautiful thing to see this kid discovering his own potential. He was really picking up steam last season before he was decapitated - and he hasn't missed a beat since then. :thumbs_up:

The Pleks and Eller line were real good. I liked Subban, Tinordi and Markov were pretty solid.

The only complaints were the worthless penalties they keep taking.

Briere, DD are pretty much worthless.

The Pleks and Eller line were real good. I liked Subban, Tinordi and Markov were pretty solid.

The only complaints were the worthless penalties they keep taking.

Briere, DD are pretty much worthless.

Yeah. It could get ugly with those two. Because if they keep playing like this, the Habs have a significant problem on their hands - how to upgrade on, and therefore dispose of, two useless French Canadian players.

• Upvote 2

Yeah. It could get ugly with those two. Because if they keep playing like this, the Habs have a significant problem on their hands - how to upgrade on, and therefore dispose of, two useless French Canadian players.

They'll be run out of town.... only to have a sizeable section of the fanbase bitch about the lack of Francophone players.

Oh sweet, sweet Irony! You do so mock us!

• Upvote 2

I forget if Briere has a limited or unlimited NTC. If the latter, that is regrettable, because I really see him being a piece we could package to a desperate outfit like the Canuckleheads. Desharnais will be harder to move for sure...like I say, it could get messy.

I forget if Briere has a limited or unlimited NTC. If the latter, that is regrettable, because I really see him being a piece we could package to a desperate outfit like the Canuckleheads. Desharnais will be harder to move for sure...like I say, it could get messy.

well lets hope the oilers get one more injury at centre. Maybe they will be desperate enough to take him.

Another sloppy game, but we were tighter defensively. Price was solid again, got lucky on a couple fumbles in the first but got stronger as the game progressed. I'm still worried about his side-to-side motions, but I guess him and Waite will be working on that gradually.

Great poise by Galchenyuk on Gally's goal. Therrien was giving that line some opportunities. I'm with everyone else who's worried about DD and Briere looking pretty useless together. And yeah, Briere has a full NTC, so he's not trade bait. On the other hand, it's only game two and they'll get hot at some point.

They should put Bournival or White between Pacs and Briere. See what happens.

Maybe if all the frenchies turn on Briere he'll request a trade.

I think they could waive DD and know one would pick him up. I seriously can't think of a team that could use him. Not even Calgary, Buffalo or Florida.

Full NTC/NMC.

Full NTC/NMC.

Sigh.

History shows players with these clauses can still be moved...but in this case it likely wouldn't be until a fair bit of unpleasantness had ensued (Briere is benched, Briere is given diminishing ice time, controversies erupt, etc.).

Oh well. Let's hope he picks it up.