2013-14 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

Just another good prospect write up dlbalr.

Why Beaulieu over Pateryn called up? Looking for more speed and puck movement I suppose and Pateryn is too much like a Weaver-Gorges?

Or is it that Pateryn still isn't physical enough?

I wish I knew why Pateryn isn't getting a chance. My guess is that Beaulieu knows the system a bit better than Pateryn right now and for the 1/3 games he'll actually play, that could be advantageous?

I wish I knew why Pateryn isn't getting a chance. My guess is that Beaulieu knows the system a bit better than Pateryn right now and for the 1/3 games he'll actually play, that could be advantageous?

It's also likely that Beaulieu is just the better player with a higher ceiling, even if he slacks it in the AHL.

It's also likely that Beaulieu is just the better player with a higher ceiling, even if he slacks it in the AHL.

He has more skill and NHL level skating for sure and didn't look out of place in last call up; but a defenseman needs to primarily defend and that is his weak suit.

Hope he does great, but I wouldn't rather see Tinordi in every game for next decade (screw the odd braincramp he will make, all d-men have em once in a while)

With Nevins joining the Bulldogs, Hamilton has released Jordan Owens from his contract so that he can return to South Carolina for the ECHL postseason.

Just too bad didn't make playoffs and could of seen several prospects play numerous games, like Price's start to AHL went guite well and played 24 games.

Will Lefebvre get the pink slip on Easter Sunday?

Or is Summer a more probable firing period? If Bergevin is making a change? I get feeling he will be back.

And as far as he being very positive about returning, he really cant say anything different to press could he.

Will Lefebvre get the pink slip on Easter Sunday?

I'd say it's unlikely. Last year, the Black Ace squad skated with the Bulldogs' coaches in Hamilton during the postseason rather than going to Montreal. If that continues this year, they'll keep the coaches intact until after that time at least.

Got a guess who will comprise 'black-ace' group?

(had 8 Bulldogs last year)

Tokarski & Mayer again

Drewiski, Beaulieu, Pateryn.

Leblanc, Blunden, Dumont, Andrighetto?

End of season awards for Hamilton:

Fan Favourite: Gabriel Dumont

Top D-man: Greg Pateryn

Top Rookie: Sven Andrighetto

MVP: Dustin Tokarski

No real surprises among any of those even though Tokarski only played 41/76 games.

Habs called up

Tokarski, Dubnyk, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Drewiski,

Andrighetto, Blunden, Dumont, Thomas, Leblanc

are 'Black Aces' and will practice in Montreal this week.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Dumont and Leblanc for next year. Is there a spot on the big club or do they try to put them through waivers? I guess we will have to wait and see how many we can protect next year (expansion draft)?

Dumont went through waivers last year and I suspect would have little issue passing through again. Leblanc, on the other hand, could be a more interesting situation. They might opt to keep him as the 23rd player and hope he takes a step forward in his development.

Dumont went through waivers last year and I suspect would have little issue passing through again. Leblanc, on the other hand, could be a more interesting situation. They might opt to keep him as the 23rd player and hope he takes a step forward in his development.

Yeah, there has been little or no sniping the last few years, like there once was. Fairly safe to send somebody through as long as they are fringe players.

• 3 weeks later...

The bulldogs weakness, as it has been for the last two years, is strength down the middle. I see on other boards fans salivating over what they perceive as new recruits BUT center remains a big question mark for me.