Nov. 5 Blues vs Habs 7:30 PM

JoeLassister

I officially dislike Ray Ferraro! He blames Markov for running into Halak on that goal, when the replay clearly shows Sobotka pushing Markov into him. I'm starting to think Ferraro is a closet Habs hater. Most of what he's said tonight about the Habs is negative anyways.

I'm pretty sure he's played on a team or two that lost to the Habs in the playoffs.

For some, yeah. If there's a 'predetermined' fight that early on, I've flipped the channel on many an occasion. It has little bearing on the game and it gives me a chance to flip for a moment to whatever other game/sport I'm watching. Heck, I flipped partway through this fight to check the Heat-Raptors score.

I believe you, and I hear what you;re saying, but i'm tired of this snooty, pseudo-intellectual contingent of hockey fans that are against "staged fights." What if Reaves was talking crap about Parros? Or something happened in warmups? I don't know if you guys remember high school, but most fights happen because of what goes on before them.

I think PK will be okay?

I officially dislike Ray Ferraro! He blames Markov for running into Halak on that goal, when the replay clearly shows Sobotka pushing Markov into him. I'm starting to think Ferraro is a closet Habs hater. Most of what he's said tonight about the Habs is negative anyways.

I'm pretty sure he's played on a team or two that lost to the Habs in the playoffs.

Was he on the KIngs in 93?

As for staged fights themselves, who cares? What the hell else goes on in the first period? Do the big bad staged fights ruin the unrelenting entertainment of the first 5 minutes of the game?

Yeah, I left.

The fight sends a message

Dear fans, we can't get up enough for this game, so we're going to send out our most useless hockey player (whose skills are beaten by Juha Lind and Johan Witehall) to pick a fight to get us going. Because we can't do it on our own. But still, please respect us for not getting into the game ourselves despite the many millions we make and the exorbitant prices you pay for tickets.

I believe you, and I hear what you;re saying, but i'm tired of this snooty, pseudo-intellectual contingent of hockey fans that are against "staged fights." What if Reaves was talking crap about Parros? Or something happened in warmups? I don't know if you guys remember high school, but most fights happen because of what goes on before them.

Fighting in high school. Yes, yes, that equates. I think I was in one fight in grade school. I grew up since then. I certainly don't stage fights to get me into the game.

But, for the sake of breaking my snooty, pseudo-intellectual nature, next time I'm not up to doing the dishes, I'll pick a fight.

:D:P

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I left.

Dear fans, we can't get up enough for this game, so we're going to send out our most useless hockey player (whose skills are beaten by Juha Lind and Johan Witehall) to pick a fight to get us going. Because we can't do it on our own. But still, please respect us for not getting into the game ourselves despite the many millions we make and the exorbitant prices you pay for tickets.

If I quote the study that shows a fight is worth 1/84th of a point or something, and used the word "staged" once a hockey game, do I get a free mocha latte and Fedora hat?

Fighting in high school. Yes, yes, that equates. I think I was in one fight in grade school. I grew up since then. I certainly don't stage fights to get me into the game.

But, for the sake of breaking my snooty, pseudo-intellectual nature, next time I'm not up to doing the dishes, I'll pick a fight.

:D:P

I wasn't talking to you directly, i'm talking about the Spectors, and Harrison Mooneys and Lamberts out there, who are just as bad as Don Cherry.

If I quote the study that shows a fight is worth 1/84th of a point or something, and used the word "staged" once a hockey game, do I get a free mocha latte and Fedora hat?

Well, here's the thing. I don't know of any studies, I don't like mocha latte's and I have no Fedora. If you think I'm a snooty, pseudo-intellectual, well that's up to you. Despite that, I still hate - and have always hated - staged fights. I don't think it does anything for the game, and in fact, I feel it makes hockey bush league.

Francis Bouillon makes me long for Davis Drewiske....or Jared Tinordi....or Greg Pateryn....or Nathan Beaulieu....or Magnus Nygren.....

• Upvote 1

I wasn't talking to you directly, i'm talking about the Spectors, and Harrison Mooneys and Lamberts out there, who are just as bad as Don Cherry.

But I would *really* like to pick a fight next time I have to do the dishes! That actually sounds kinda fun.......

My wife would disagree.

Haha, RDS is saying that Eller hasn't had but 2 points in 10 games, so, you know, DD territory. What he conveniently forgets is that Eller has created more chances in each single game than has DD over the course of the entire season.

I hate hate HATE bigots with chips on their shoulders. If you're going to make a commentary like that, back it up with facts or get the off the air.

Wow, I don't believe Bouillon made a good, clean check! Ok, he can stay with the Habs, for the rest of tonight. ;-)

I thought he was with the Isles. He also has bad memories losing with the whale.

I think PK will be okay?

I think PK will be okay?

No but he was on the Whalers team in 85-86 that lost to the Habs, and lost again to them in 86-87, and again in 88-89. He also played for the Islanders in 92-93, that lost to Montreal.

Thanks goes to this website for helping me track this down: http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/f/ferrara01.html

• Upvote 1